Steel Dragons' Art

I like how maul in Orsik hands looks small :D

It would be even better to have a human nearby for perspective.

Somehow Nementah's head looks too large, but since she's plant race, why would then need to conform to our sensitivities of what is proportionate.

In other words I LOVE IT! Good work, [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION]

Do you color too?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Having forgotten about the whole comic thing, and having already moved to other things, I suddenly stumbled into its pages 2 and 3 from Sininen Lohikäärme #2. I'm guessing page 1 was in the first issue, which I've never seen. I don't know if there's any continuation to these, since the magazine died shortly after (sometime 1989-90), but there were at least four issues in total.

Edit: and the links no longer work. Oh well. :)

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Continent in the Clouds eBook cover

Wow. Been a while since adding to this thread, huh?

Well there could be no better reason than to post this...the cover for ENworld's own [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] eBook novelization of his exceptional Story Hour, The Rise of Felskien.

You can go get the book at Smashwords - Continent in the Clouds - A book by Mark A Austin

It was great working with him and a real privilege to be chosen to do his cover and capture a moment from one of my favorite SH's.

--Steel Dragons

Attachments

• felskiencover_fin.jpg
    felskiencover_fin.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Party of the Week

The first in a personal project/series, "Party of the Week"...namely, my envisioning of the pre-gen characters presented in many/most original modules.

Where available, I have maintained or at least tried to be 'true' to some of their original look. Others/most are simply fabricated from the stats...type of armor, weapons, significant magic items,...general ability stats (high strengths, weak constitutions, etc.). Some alterations will be noted as I am drawing them as they would appear in my game world (stout races have 4-fingered hands, clerics are assigned Orean gods/symbols as befitting their alignment, etc.)

Anyway, the idea is to present them inked and color, but saw the thread about female dwarves and thought I'd get this rolling.

So, here they are, those stalwart heroes who are out to take on the "Slave Pits of the Undercity" (the "Slavers" series/ "A" modules):
(pictured left to right)
Kayen Telva: elf/male Ftr/MU; Elwita: dwarf/female Ftr; "Ogre": human/male Ftr; Freda: human/female Rgr; Dread Delgath: human/male MU; Blodgett: halfling/male Thf; Karraway: human/male Clr; Eljayess: half-elf/male Ftr/Clr; Phanstern: human/male Ilt

Enjoy.
-SD

Attachments

• Party_Slavers.jpg
    Party_Slavers.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 200

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Hey there artsy folks! Been a while since I've paid attention to this thread.

Finally got around to scanning up a "sketch dump" and a few other (more serious) "project related" stuff.

Hope y'all enjoy.

A little scene for a manual...basically "things to do/equipment for exploring." Some of you might recognize the inspiration of the scene. ;)
0scene_1.jpg
Races for the Orea RPG...of course, I put Half-orcs in here and then decided they need to wait for a later supplement...poor centaurs didn't fit on the scannign bed. But here's the bulk of 'em.
races_male1_sml.jpg
'nuther "generic races" sketch.
races3.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
A couple more "Parties of the Week" (see! I actually did more than 1!)

"Against the Cult of the Reptile God." Took creative license with gender since the module doesn't specify (in this case) and I like a diverse party.
party_reptilegod_sml.jpg

The crowd from "Against the Giants." Reeeeally rough.

party_giants_sml.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Got the hankering to re-envision some "old friends" from the ole toy line. Coupla changes, sure...i.e. loved Mercion's staff-mace, but a bit too exact copy-righty.

Anywho, for fun, how many can you name?

oldfriends1_sml.jpgoldfriends2_sml.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Rough sketch/line art for covers for the World of Orea RPG player's handbook and dmg, respectively.

I am sure it's not a big challenge (but bonus points anyway) to name where the inspirations for these came from.
orea_aphb_sml.jpgorea_admg_sml.jpg

Remove ads