Question about Rogue Utility - Great Leap

Hussar

Legend
Sigh, I feel really stupid for asking this, but, hey, I'm not sure, so, I'm gonna ask. :)

The Rogue Utility 2 power Great leap says:

Effect: Make a high jump or a long jump... The distance you jump can exceed your speed.

Does this mean, if I had a move of 6, for example, I could move 5 then jump and whatever I got for the jump, I could move, beyond my limit of 6?

Or does it mean that I come down at the beginning of my next turn?

Not quite sure how this works.

webrunner

First Post
Sigh, I feel really stupid for asking this, but, hey, I'm not sure, so, I'm gonna ask. :)

The Rogue Utility 2 power Great leap says:

Effect: Make a high jump or a long jump... The distance you jump can exceed your speed.

Does this mean, if I had a move of 6, for example, I could move 5 then jump and whatever I got for the jump, I could move, beyond my limit of 6?

Or does it mean that I come down at the beginning of my next turn?

Not quite sure how this works.

Normally when you jump, you're still limited by the movement (so you do the lesser of your roll result and your remaining speed) Great Leap removes this limitation, so a high roll could leave you jumping 7, 8, 9, etc squares.

However, the "Great Leap" power doesn't give you any regular movement, just the jump, so you wouldn't be able to "move 5" before it without taking another action, in which case your move for both actions would individually be six (and irrelevant to Great Leap anyway)

Remove ads