Question about Deities granting spells [Deities and Demigods]

Kai Lord

Hero
Are Deities required to have 20 class levels of Cleric before they themselves can grant spells to their followers? Or can a Warrior god of Fighter 20/Outsider 20 grant spells to his clerics?

Gator

First Post
I would think that it not be required. Just one of the many perks of being a god and what not. Otherwise they would be way too overpowered, even for being deities. Now on the other hand, I think that maybe Demigods should have some levels in Cleric or have a list of what can be granted through their higher ups.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Grant Spells: A deity automatically grants spells and domain powers to mortal divine spellcasters who pray to it. Most deities can grant spells from the cleric spell list, the ranger spell list, and from three or more domains. Deities with levels in the druid class can grant spells from the druid spell list, and deities with paladin levels can grant spells from the paladin spell list. A deity can withhold spells from any particular mortal as a free action; once a spell has been granted, it remains in the mortal’s mind until expended.
Hmm... It only mentions that you need levels in druid and paladin to grant spells for these classes - so I guess the rest are automatic.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Yea, every god who's at least demigod can grant spells. It's hardly an effort for them. Easier than breathing for you or me. (to use those spells, they must be clerics, though, cause casting them themselves requires more devotion. But then again, they can cast their domain spells as often as they want).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Gator said:
Otherwise they would be way too overpowered, even for being deities.
Pray tell me how a god can be overpowered. I think they're supposed to be overpowered, for being somethin like overpowers (I'm not referring to the special term used for über-deities like Lord Ao in the Realms)
Now on the other hand, I think that maybe Demigods should have some levels in Cleric or have a list of what can be granted through their higher ups.
Nope. The power of the god does not influence the spellcasting power of the cleric. If it were otherwise, followers of lesser gods would need protection against those of greater gods, since they are both more numerous and stronger.....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases