Your RPG achievements

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
What are the achievements you're proudest of in your roleplaying career? Things that you look back on and say, "I've done that!" Some of these achievements can be achieved in the same campaign, but looking at them differently can work...

For me...

AD&D: Played a magic-user from 1st to 12th level.
D&D 3.5E: DMed Gary Gygax's Necropolis
D&D 3.5E: DMed the entire Age of Worms campaign
D&D 3.5E: DMed a campaign from 1st to 21st level.
D&D 4E: DMed a campaign from 1st to 20th level (and still going)
Star Wars Saga: Played in a campaign from 1st to 20th level.
Star Wars Saga: Played the entirety of the Dawn of Defiance campaign.
Amber Diceless RPG: Run a session for 13 players, all scheming against each other.

Cheers!

Festivus

First Post
I can't remember the stuff we did as kids, played a slew of AD&D modules.

3.5: DMed Age of Worms from 1 to 20
3.5 DMed Savage Tide from 1 to 12 (we didn't want to run the whole story)
AD&D: Played the original tomb of horrors 3 times and never survived... perhaps the only accomplishment there is I actually tried 3 times.

Almacov

First Post
I introduced pretty much my whole gaming group to pen and paper RPGs, including two who now frequently DM, one of which has run a whole slew of the most vast, cohesive campaigns I have ever had the privelege to play in.

That's probably what I'm most proud of - The people I've managed to get playing.
I still think I could do a better job of recruiting, but I've managed to make a fair number of addicts, so I'm fairly satisfied.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
1e: Ran two campaigns each lasting over 10 years, each with over 180 characters played by over 15 players at different times; with a third such currently on full boil a bit over two years in.

1e: Ran an off-grid session using one of my own adventures at GenCon '09 and didn't get laughed out of the room.

1e: Introduced at least 10 new players to RPGs who have since been playing for at least 5-10 years; some have stayed in 1e, others have moved on to other games and places, but most are still playing somewhere as far as I know.

3e: Took a pathetic-statted Illusionist (point-buy equivalent value 22 in a campaign where the average would have been over 35) from raw 1st level well into 11th over 6 years of play.

Best accomplishment: shooting my mouth off on ENWorld for over 5 years without being modded! :)

Blah blah Grandma Rule, blah blah politics, blah blah if this isn't completely clear. ~ Piratecat

Lan-"did I just jinx myself?"-efan

Last edited by a moderator:

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Good thread idea!

So many!

Overall: Sounds corny, but I guess I'm most proud of the great times that friends and I have created and shared. Things like re-introducing friends who thought they had outgrown the game and falling in love with it all over again, running campaigns that still get talked about on Facebook twenty years later (yeah I'm old), and some particularly memorable nights going to Neutral Ground in NYC with my students from the Gossip Girl-type school where I was teaching.

AD&D: DMing a campaign that lasted most of our youths, trailing off in college with a 20th level M-U and a 16th-level monk among the characters.

3.x: Actually pulling off the "No, Snake, I am your father, join me and together we will rule the North!" moment after years of foreshadowing.

3.x: Helping to start two awesome gaming clubs at two different schools.

3.x: Publishing in Dungeon, Dragon, and with WotC.

SK: Publishing (currently revising) my own game.

Fandom: Talking with Gary Gygax right here on these forums!

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
General: Recruiting some 20-25 players to the hobby, most of which still play today.

General: Running a group where one of the original players is still active - after 27 years.

AD&D1e: Slaying a Nightmare singlehandedly as a 1st level wizard with STR 5.

AD&D1e: Running Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh at a convention from memory as I'd forgotten the book. :blush:

WFRP1e: Running three campaigns of The Enemy Within, all ending with player defeat in Middenheim. All campaigns ran very differently and each defeat was original.

Wik

First Post
D&D 3.5E Ran an adventure path, and in the first session, had the PCs look at the city map, and say "We go there" - the ONLY street in the city they shouldn't go to, as it was the BBEG's hideout. Naturally, I rolled with it. :)

Shadowrun: Actually shouted "it's a trap!" without thinking it sounded corny or cheesy.

RIFTS: Played an entire session without making a snarky comment. Just the once, though. ;)

P

PaulofCthulhu

For D&D I guess it would be playing through World's Largest Dungeon and coming out the other side with the same character. (No resurrections!)

Remove ads