Fey Folio: Clans of the Fey Realm

Dark Mistress

First Post
This product is 27 pages long. Cover, credits and introduction takes up the first 5 pages.

Monsters section. (17 pages)
All have at least one full page devoted to them, a few have more. Each also has artwork.
Dullahan and horse – A headless, whip wielding dark fey. Stats for them, a Dark Mare mount, plus a variation Dullahan Deathknight.

Erkling – evil shadow fey that kindnap bad children. Which is how they make more of themselves. Very creepy and cool monster.

Fachen – A interesting violent fey, with a second set of stats for a sorcerer version.

Jack in Irons – supposedly the first fey and king of the fey.

Kapre – medium sized tree race of fey a little like treants.

Nightshade Wisp – elf like plant race that punishes those that defile the fey realm.

Rarog – fire elemental fey that are not native to the fey realm.

Sidhe – Two kinds lean and bean fey, Both female fey. Both feast on energy, the lean feast on creative energy while the bean on misery. Both act as muses so they can feast.

Spriggan – small savage evil fey, with stats for their use as a PC race.

Spring-Heel Jack – fey that prefer to live in mortal cities. Embodiments of mortal wanton appetites.

Sylph – related to pixies, sprites and brownies. They often like to play tricks and pranks.

Vodnik – evil aquatic fey that may or may not be related to gnomes. Half troll template as they breed with trolls sometimes.

Yallery – small lazy fey that prefer living in cities, terrified of dwarves. They seek to inspire lethargy in others.

GM's section. (2 pages)
With advice on how to play fey and some encounter idea's by level for fey.

Magic Item section (1 page)
In this section there is 5 new magic items.
Boots of Blazing Dervish – can make a wall of fire in a interesting way.
Dullahan Hide Armor – deals with fear, both protecting and causing it.
Sidhe Locket – social skill bonuses and lets the owner break out of enchantments.
Sprigganblood Crudgel – magic club that can at times be a reach weapon
Sylph's Sword – can cause sleep effect.

It finishes with a OGL and back cover. (2 pages)

Closing thoughts. The art work runs from good to top notch in this product. The monsters are interesting. If you are a fan of the dark fey and things like Grimms tales, this product will help bring that feel to your game. If you are looking for that or just some new interesting monsters then I highly recommend this product. The CR ranges from 1/3 to 21, with all but three of them being between 2-10 CR. Only one at 13 CR and one at 21 CR. I would like to see a follow up to this product, perhaps a part 2 with more fey and/or a fluff heavy book about the fey realm and more fluff about the creatures.

I did notice one thing odd that I am not sure if it was done on purpose or not. In the Vodnick section there is looks like there is drops or circles where the text is just a bit blurry, not enough where it is still not easy to read but enough to be very noticable. I am not sure if that is suppose to be drops of water on the page as they are aquatic fey or not. That appears to be the case and I think it was done on purpose but I am honestly not sure.

So whats my rating? Well I couldn't really find anything wrong, but to be fair I am not a huge number cruncher when it comes to stat blocks. As long as it looks like it will play well I am content. But I didn't notice any stat block errors either. My only real complaint is I wish they had had about half a page or more of fluff for each monster, I think that would have turned this from a great product to a fantastic one. So with the top notch art and interesting fey monsters and no real errors to speak of. I am giving it a 4.5 star review.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases