Remembering Gary Gygax on his B-Day

JeffB

Legend
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbobIMH5V4E"]Vid[/ame]

for some reason I could not embed it here.EDIT- OK now worky

William Ronald

Explorer
I would like to remember Gary Gygax as a man who helped give us a hobby that has let me meet friends and have hours of fun with them.

I was fortunate enough to see him at various Gen Cons over the year, and chat a few times. He always struck me as being ready to talk to the average gamer and never had a sense of celebrity about himself.

So, let us thank Gary and all those who have contributed to our hobby. Let us keep in our heart those whose memories will burn bright within us.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I was fortunate enough to see him at various Gen Cons over the year, and chat a few times. He always struck me as being ready to talk to the average gamer and never had a sense of celebrity about himself.
I always thought how amazing it was that he managed to keep his private life so.. private, while still being a completely outward person at gatherings and such. People really respected the guy. Deservedly.

broghammerj

Explorer
Although I never met him face to face, I remember personally thanking Gary in a thread for writing books that got me interested in reading. That in and of itself emphasizes the importance of his work.

Roland55

First Post
This is a fine thread.:D

I remember him as a grumbly, hairy old guy who could be remarkably patient with stupid, repetitive questions ... and who smiled at all the right times.

I'll never quit playing his game, if only to remember that twinkle in his eye (which I do every time I roll a polyhedral die).

Gary! The next 20 is in your honor.

MoxieFu

First Post
I remember Gary answering some questions of mine on this very site.

It was even sweeter when I was able to answer a question that he had!

Remove ads