(2e AD&D) Dragons of Autumn Twilight- OOC (need someone to play Caramon)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yep that's right going to run that grand old game from 1984 :D

Now don't think it will be "by the book" because HM don't play that. But it will be a fun adventure I can promise you that.

System: 2e AD&D
Setting: World of Kyrnn
Character Gene: Pre-genes to start adventure

Al I need is 7 people to start (but we can double up if we have to), and will need others during the course of the game as other characters are introduced. In the end it has listed about 17 PC's (so not only not by the book may have to twik the modules as well LOL).

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
UPDATED: MAy 24th 2011

Characters: (and current player)

Tanis half-elf fighter 5th lvl - NG - Strahd Von Zarovich
Caramon human fighter 6th lvl - LG - None PLAYER NEEDED
Raistlin human magic-user 3rd lvl - N - Walking Dad
Flint dwarf fighter 4th lvl - NG - sappire07
Tasselhoff kender thief 4th lvl - N - possum
Sturm human fighter 6th lvl - LG - Orius
Goldmoon human cleric 5th lvl - LG - NPC (till second module)
Riverwind human ranger 5th lvl - LG - ghostcat

HM

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
I'm in if you'll have me. I did read the books ages ago but no longer have copies. Although I do still have my AD&D (1st & 2nd Ed.) books.

Riverwind, Flint and Caramon, please.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Welcome ghostcat and sappire07 I would enjoy having you both sit in on this game. If crazymokey1956 and possum are still interested we may have enough people to start although I was looking at the characters the other day (when I was finding their starting lvls) and I think they are geared in 1st and not 2nd edition as they have no fighting styles listed, so I will probably give them styles on my own which leads me to an RG question.

I'm thinking of posting them in the RG and having you quote the post for your character, then I will delete the spots for NPC's what do you all think?

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
2nd edition with a few extras as I was thinking of adding in healing surges and second wind to the mix to help with their being little to no healing.

And maybe skills of some sort. Just for background and fluff like Flint being a metalsmith.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
There was AD&D, then AD&D 2nd edition (1989) and a 2.5 that I am just learning about, :erm:

I have been working on characters today with Enworld down let me see how this looks.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tanis
5th level Half-Elf Fighter

Strength: 16 (Damage adj. +1; Open doors 9; BB/LG 10%)
Intelligence: 12 (+3 additional languages)
Wisdom: 13 (no adjustment)
Dexterity: 16 (Reaction/Missile adj. +1; Defensive adj. -2)
Constitution: 12 (System Shock 80%; Resurrection 85%)
Charisma: 15 (Max#ofHenchmen 7; Loyalty/Reaction adj. +3)

Saving Throws
Code:
Paralyzation, Poison
or Death Magic                  11

Rod, Staff, or Wand             13

Petrification or                
Polymorph                       12

Breath Weapon                   13

Spell                           14

[sblock=Combat]
HP: 35
AC: 4 (leather armor +2, DEX adj.)
Base THAC0: 16

WEAPONS:
longsword +2 (Damage 1d8+3 S-M/1d12+3 L, THAC0 14)
longbow (Damage 1d6 S-M/L, THAC0 15)
arrows 20/20
dagger (Damage 1d4+1 S-M/1d3+1 L, THAC0 16 stab, 15 thrown)

Special: Point Blank shooting (6-30 feet)
longbow (Damage 1d6+1 S-M/L, THAC0 13) [/sblock]

[sblock=Proficiencies]
Weapon: 6 (gain 1/3 lvls)
Non-Weapon: 6 (gain 1/3 lvls)

Weapon:
longsword
longbow (specialization)
dagger
Single Weapon Style Specialization

Non-Weapon:
Local History (Cha +0)
Survival-woodlands (Int +0)
Etiquette (Cha +0)
Weather Sense (Wis -1)

Secondary skills:
Hunting
Bowyer/Fletcher [/sblock]

[sblock=Racial Abilities]
30% resistance to sleep and charm-related spells.
Infravision 60'
Spotting concealed door:
-passing within 10' 1 on a d6
-searching 1-3 on d6
Searching for secert doors 1-2 on d6 [/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
leather armor +2
longsword +2
longbow
quiver with 20 arrows
daggers (2)
Backpack
-flint and steel
-waterskin
-provisions (3 days)
-torch(1)
-whetstone
Bedroll
Traveler's outfit

Treasure:
STL - 11
SP - 8
CP - 0
Gems: none
Jewerly: none

Misc Magic:
None [/sblock]

[sblock=History]
Tanis was born during the terrible Shadow Years that followed the Cataclysm. His mother was a Qualinesti elf who was assaulted by a human plainsman. She escaped to Qualinost, but died giving birth to a halfbreed: Tanis.

The elves of Qualinost, who revere life as sacred in all forms, raised Tanis as one of their own. Nonetheless, the mixture of human and elven blood was unusual. Tanis felt the difference between himself and his elven cousins strongly. As a ward of the Speaker of Suns, the ruler of Qualinost, Tanis grew close to the Speaker?s three children ?Gilthanas, Porthios, and
Laurana. Laurana developed a childhood crush on Tanis. He felt he loved her, too, but she remained a child when he began to feel the stirrings of adulthood. To avoid conflict with his adopted family, and to learn about his human side, he felt the time was right to leave the elven realm and see the world. A bitter conversation with Gilthanas helped clinch his decision.

Tanis, journeyed to Solace to visit Flint Fireforge, a dwarf who had been his friend for many years, and became Flint'?s business partner. Solace became his home, although he and Flint traveled throughout Abanasinia on business. In those years, he became a seasoned adventurer, a fighter, and a natural leader.

Slowly, a group of companions formed around Tanis, including Tasslehoff, Sturm, Caramon, Raistlin ?and Kitiara. Kitiara, half-sister to Caramon and Raistlin, was an alluring dark-haired beauty, passionate and wild. They fell in love- ?Tanis, because he had never met a woman as strong and self-assured, Kitiara, because she had never met a man who could stand up to her.

In those years there were rumors of growing trouble ?bandits, ogres, goblins, and even worse creatures in the land. Finally, the roads became impassable. Business fell off. The Companions each found a quest - ?Tanis set out to find evidence of true gods in the land? - and one day they parted. Each of the companions swore a solemn oath to meet at the Inn of the Last Home one final time, five years hence.

For five years, Tanis roamed the known world, finding much that was strange and evil?but nothing of the true gods. Finally, discouraged, he returned to Solace to meet his companions once more. [/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]
Tanis is plagued by an inner conflict that is manifested by his love for two dissimilar women ?the childlike and innocent elf-maid Laurana, and the wild and free-spirited human Kitiara.

Although filled with self-doubt and uncertainty about his place in the world, Tanis seldom allows his emotions to show. The only visible sign of his turmoil are in his eyes.

He is trusting of strangers and friendly, yet is reserved, even with his closest friends. Sometimes he is afflicted by dark moods and doubts. Although a natural leader, he is not sure he wants a leader?s responsibility. Money has little value for him.

He is an excellent fighter, with no fears or weaknesses. Kitiara is his only obsession.

Tanis received an elven education and can read and write. He has traveled throughout the Haven/Solace region and west across the mountains. [/sblock]

[sblock=Details]
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Height: 5'-10"
Weight: 145lbs.
Rust red hair and beard, hazel eyes
Languages: Common, Qualinesti Elf, Hill Dwarf, Camptalk [/sblock]

[sblock=Character Card]
I have wandered through forest and wilderness for five years. Through Qualinesti west of the Kharolis Mountains, through the Forests of Kith-Kanan, all the way to the sea. I found no trace of healers, not even tales of them-in my travels. Still, the gods of good must exist: their signs are everywhere. The White Stag led me on good paths, the wheeling bird foretold war, and the thunderclouds warned me of danger. These are the handiwork of the good gods. But I found no cleric to the west. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases