Ultimate Magic

Thazar

First Post
Here is the blurb from the website. Nothing specific but I would think it would have some new magic items.

Ultimate Magic includes:
New player character options for all 14 spellcasting Pathfinder RPG base classes, including alchemist discoveries and bombs, specific bard performances, specialized uses for channel energy, expanded druid domains and rules for vermin companions, new inquisitor archetypes, ki tricks, alternative oracle curses and revelations, new sorcerer bloodlines, additional summoner eidolon abilities and eidolon templates, new witch hexes and patrons, wizardly arcane discoveries, and more!
The Magus, a brand-new 20-level base class that mixes wizardry with martial skill
Extensive overviews of new and existing magic subsystems such as condition-based magic, cooperative casting, magical organizations, unpredictable primal magic, counterspelling, binding outsiders, crafting golems, etc.
Lots of new familiars
Premade spellbooks suitable for use at all levels of play
Tons of new feats specifically designed for magic-using characters
Brand new “words of power” alternative magic system
More than 100 brand new spells!
…and much, much more!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
They mention all 14 base spellcasting classes - this isn't wrong, but you only get that high if you count the adept and the antipaladin, which aren't really suitable for PC play. I guess it's good to have more magic for those classes, though.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Well, it's Paizo so I don't have concerns that the quality will be there.

I just think they set a precedent with the Bestiary, GMG, and APG - 320 pages for $39.99.

If they want to release a 256-page product, that's fine, but I'd like to see a corresponding cut in price. 20% less content (should, IMO) = lower price.

I have to determine if it's worth it for me at that price to stay as a subscriber or if I should go the amazon route.... (Or Borders + 40% off coupon.)

Jor-El

First Post
Eh, I'm still willing to pay the higher price, just for the free pdf and the earlier shipping.

I hate waiting on Amazon to ship, and by buying directly from Paizo I get the download of the pdf as soon as it ships, and get the book about a week earlier than the stores.

I have a feeling we've probably been getting a good deal on the 320 page books at $39.99.

Remove ads