Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

ryryguy

First Post
ooc: Dang it, I remember checking that I turned off the invisible flag on the big guy in map tool, but apparently not. And I also didn't "break" the sblock on status last night - I just did it now, so it is now readble. Anyway, he's at L8/M9.

Also yes, that was a mistake about 39 damage, it was 29, papol should be at 10/40... I had it wrong in the status as well, I must have entered the 5 hp hit twice by mistake. Sorry. :(

LadyLaw

First Post
OOC: Unless I both stop rolling stupid, and everything else on the board is dead, I don't think Az is going to be able to get close to her oath target this turn, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Edit: Oh, new broken status block says Az is bloodied, but she is not. 25HP is correct, but that is not bloodied.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Reactions etc: OA on mud lasher 2 1d20+8=25 1d10+5=15 bloodies it as well. I will use warden's grasp on broodling 1 for what it's worth--slide it to N8, it's slowed and can't shift until end of my next turn.

Multiple Rapid Edits: Kaeysari might be able to Covering Attack Az out of the stupid mud if she goes first. Also Papolstaanas is at 4 hp (he was already down 7).

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
LadyLaw: I'd be glad to do Covering attack to move Azryah. If it works, she shift two squares for free. Let me know, and I'll give it a try, then you can move.

LadyLaw

First Post
OOC: I'm actually slowed anyway mud or no mud, come to think of it, and things are pretty jammed up, so I appreciate it, but I don't think it will really help. I've just been debating how I want to play this out since there are a couple things near dead. I'll probably post my move once I wake up a little more.

LadyLaw

First Post
OOC: Sblocks seem to be working for me again, so I used them here. If they still fail for you, let me know and I'll break them.

[sblock=last round note]I didn't notice at first, because the sblock issue made things hard to read, but Mud Lasher 1 should have at least 3 fewer HP. He should have taken 3 radiant damage from Bond of Retribution when the giant snake thing hit me with the acid spray. Not sure if that would also trigger the vulnerability thing since the Mud Lasher went after the giant snake thing.[/sblock]

Azryah pulls her feet free of the mud as the acid continues to burn her. She uses the mud to glide to the side and brings her sword to bear against the vortex. As her sword cuts through the swirling mass, the mud seems to freeze up; and when the sword breaks out the other side, the thing shatters completely.

Pivoting sharply, her rage burning as she was burned, she arcs the sword up and brings it down again upon the giant snake thing that burrows so adeptly around the field. The cold doesn't seem to affect it as harshly, but she still deals it a mighty blow, the edges of its wounds turning a pale blue as the cold runs through its veins.

[sblock=Mechanics]Start of Turn: Takes 5 Acid damage
Athletics check for starting in mud: 1d20+7=24
Move: Shift to K7
Standard: Avenging Echo on Vortex - 1d20+9=29 crit! for 15+ 1d6=4 = 19 damage
AP: Bond of Retribution on Giant Snakey Thing - 1d20+9=12 + Memory of 1000 - 1d8=8=20 vs. AC for 1d10+5+1d8=12 cold damage (used sword daily as a Free Action)
Effects: Until the end of Az's next turn...
-Any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to her or that hits or misses her takes 8 radiant damage.
-The Giant Snakey thing is slowed.
-The first time an enemy other than the Giant Snakey Thing hits or misses Az, the Giant Snakey Thing takes 3 radiant damage.
Save vs. Slow & Ongoing Acid: 1d20=13[/sblock]

[sblock=Divine Guidance Intentions]If anyone decides they want to attack Mud Lasher 1, I will trigger Divine Guidance for the first person that does so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Azryah Mini-stats]
Azryah - Female Deva Avenger (Censure: Retribution) 2
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC:19, Fort:14, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:20/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 8/9

Action Points: 0, MI Daily Uses: 0, Milestones: 0
Powers: Bond of Retribution, Radiant Vengeance, Frost Greatsword +1 Cold DMG On/Off
Oath of Enmity, Avenging Echo, Enduring Spirit, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead, Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance, Second Wind
Argent Mantle, Frost Greatsword +1 DMG&Slow

Damage Resistence: 6 vs. Necrotic & Radiant

Special: +1 to all defenses vs. attacks by bloodied creatures

Censure of Retribution: When any enemy other than my Oath of Enmity target hits me, I gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls against my Oath of Enmity target until the end of my next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

Conditions: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: has Jynxx used both of his heals or just one? Papolstaanas will fall unconscious at the beginning of his turn if he fails his font of life save.

If I'm up I'll try to move things into a nice blast pattern for Chaku.

Nice hit on the vortex!

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]LadyLaw - yeah I forgot the bond of retribution damage, sorry. Your crit made it a moot point. :)

Mewness - Jynxx has used both heals. However, I had the wrong HP total for Papol in the status block (didn't I fix it?). He has 10 hp so he's not going down even if he fails the save.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Crit was on the Vortex. It's Mud Lasher 1 that takes the BoR damage from last round. Mud Lasher 1 should be at either 19 or 14 HP, depending on if the BoR damage triggered the vulnerability caused by the earlier cold or not.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
From round 2 (in the previous thread):

[sblock=round 2]
Snake Creature
Broodlings 1 and 2 (in tunnel)
Broodlings 3, 5,
Mud Lasher 1
Mud Lasher 2
Mud Vortex
[/sblock]
Papolstaanas got hit by a minion for 6. I only hope my honesty doesn't get me killed :0

Remove ads