Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g) - Page 11


What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    "Unfortunately it appears we do have someone waiting for us. And it would appear that they are ready to travel..."

 

  • #102
    "Perhaps there's another way out of here?" Azryah suggests quietly. "We don't really have time for further delays."


  • #103
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    "What on earth could that mule be loaded with?" Papolstaanas wonders. "Still, it doesn't exactly look like an ambush party, does it. Maybe I can find out..."

    Unless someone stops him, Papolstaanas selects and opportune moment to sneak closer in order to find out what they're carrying on the mule. Figuring that he can pretend it's all some sort of harmless prank if he gets caught, he doesn't have his weapon out.

    OOC: Putting stealth check in a spoiler block so people can decide whether or not to stop Papolstaanas before looking at it

    stealth
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #104
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Jynxx begins to protest the kobolds decision, but falls short.
    telepathy to Palp
    "If you get caught, relay the messages to me. I will help if I am able."
    With a shrug, Jynxx moves to a better vantage point... someplace high.

    ooc


    It possible to get Jynxx on a roof somewhere? Preferably by a chimney close enough to use telepathy with Palp, but stay hidden.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    OOC: (Fancy new OOC and GM tags - thumbs up or thumbs down?)

    Sorry, my description was unclear. You do not have to pass the gate to return the way you came. The fort is set across the road a little bit further past the main part of the town (there are a few town buildings alongside the fort wall on one side). To return to Fulcrum you'd be heading away from it, and so far, you haven't had to approach very close to it.

    (It may seem a little curious that the Jade people appear to more concerned with controlling the road than protecting the town... but it seems like that's how their priorities lie.)

    It also may have been unclear that the group was entering the fort, not leaving it. So basically, if you just leave them alone and wait for a minute, the coast will be clear.


    GM: I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon before resolving Papolstanaas' and Jynxx' action to give the other PCs a chance to react.

    Jynxx, there are some roofs you could climb on adjacent to the road, but you'd need to make Athletics to climb and still need Stealth checks to remain unseen. I'd give you a small bonus to the Stealth check against observers on the ground but you have also seen some patrolling dragonborn soldiers on the fort walls... and if you are seen on a roof, you'd be very conspicuous/suspicious. You'd probably be better off trying to stay behind the buildings which is what I imagine Papolstaanas is doing. Also, there are about 50 feet of completely open space around the gate - all indications are that the people who set up this fort knew what they were doing. Still, you could get quite a bit closer than your present position (about 150 feet away) for a better look.
    Last edited by ryryguy; Tuesday, 14th September, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #106
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    ooc
    I kind of like the GM-in-a-box but kind of don't like the OOC tags and die-roller, which I find too prominent and distracting.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #107
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    ooc
    I kind of like the GM-in-a-box but kind of don't like the OOC tags and die-roller, which I find too prominent and distracting.
    ooc
    I think I agree... I'd rather the OOC be more subdued. I do like the indentation though. And there's a die roller too? Which is that?

    Anyway...

    It seemed like Jynxx's intention was not to take a risk here, but just stay close to Papolstaanas. So I'm going to assume he stays behind buildings such that he cannot be seen from the gate, but neither can he see the gate. He can see Papol though and thus stay in telepathic contact.


    Papolstaanas moves towards the gate, staying in the shadow of the buildings along the road at the edge of town. He moves quite stealthily and does not draw attention. He manages to get close enough for a better look. The mule is not too heavily laden; it's carrying a couple of earthen jars, and a large wooden crate is lashed to its back.

    GM: Only Papolstaanas is close enough to make the following checks... Jynxx can break cover to make them, but that will also require him to make a Stealth check to avoid notice. (Perhaps Papolstaanas should roll first and call Jynxx over only if he doesn't succeed. )

    Perception DC 15 (active)
    The jars' lids are sealed in wax, and large black disks of wood are pressed into the wax.
    History DC 12 (active or passive)
    They are seals from the Daunton Customs Office, indicating that the jars were shipped in from Daunton.
    Perception DC 19 (same roll)
    The crate has a small mark painted on it: a red trident inside a circle.

    Insight DC 15 (active)
    The dragonborn soldiers who guard the gate are watching the Bacarte mercs quite carefully. There is a hint of disdain on their faces.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #108
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    ooc
    Dice with the new roller! (I'll switch back to Coco on subsequent rolls, though.)


    Papolstaanas sighs. He can see symbols pressed into the seals on the jars but he can't quite recall what they mean. Papolstaanas concentrates.

    thinking to Jynxx
    Jynxx? Am I doing this right? It's sort of weird to... Well, never mind. There are some sealed jars in the bag with two black wooden disks pressed into each seal. It seems sort of familiar but I don't know what... And the crate on the mule's back has a red trident in a circle. I suppose I had better come back. Should I?
    Last edited by Mewness; Wednesday, 15th September, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #109
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    GM: Anyone else that Papolstaanas describes the jar seals to can make that History check in my previous post. (so somebody ought to make it!)
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #110
    Azryah presses her back to the nearest building, attempting to hide in an alley.

    ooc
    I prefer ooc in SBlocks as well, but I'd rather use the ooc tags than just have people typing "OOC: blah blah" in another color.

    As for the history check, what history check? Is it inside one of the other checks? Not that Az can make it at this point, but I'm afraid I don't see what you're talking about.


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    3. Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)
      By ryryguy in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th August, 2010, 08:39 AM
    4. Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 276
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 09:16 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •