WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
Yeah, I voiced interest in those, myself. But I'm hearing the Summoner got nerfed (again, as I understand it), so I'd like to know the changes to that class between the Final Playtest and the APG. Or if HM just OK's the Final Playtest version instead...

Personally, my preference at this point would be to play the Summoner (though still awaiting APG info). I think I'd have a lot more fun with that class.

EDIT: Eidolons are the Summoner's special pet. Think Outer Planes animal companion. That gets special evolutions to become just what the Summoner wants.
The greatest nerfs were to the spells (no level 9 summoning with a level 6 slot, but summon as spell-like ability and you cannot have a summoned creature and your eidolon at the same time.

Would still like to play one, but the alchemist sounds more powerful...

Dragonwriter

First Post
To tell the truth, I had barely looked at the spell list. My eyes were all over the Eidolon. *drool*

The no summon-with-eidolon-active is a little painful... But I think I could live with it.

And WD, there's nothing saying we both couldn't play Summoners, if you want to play one also. As I said, they are my preference.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Generating A Character:

1) Determine ability scores: As I am tired of the same old same old we will use the Dice Pool method. Each character will be assigned a Dice Pool of 28 dice to divide out to their stats. You assign the number of dice for each stat BUT - I will roll for you.

Talk about inventive! 28 dice to assign, this will be AWESOME!

3) Pick your class: Also easy as most of you already have. But there is a new class Commander in the Player's Guide and a few feats to allow you to multiclass freely between monk and sorcerer or monk and cleric. So have a good ideal remember no take backs or switching in your stats.

Ok, I only have that Advanced Playtest PDF, not the new one that you are waiting on. I am hoping it does not have a complete workup on the Inquisitor, as I am leaning towards that. Although, I think I will wait and see what the others are choosing and if we are in dire need of a certain aspect for a decent group, then I can fill that role. Pathfinder is such a type of gaming concept that I would almost relish to play almost any class!

So, what is that Commander class? Any chance on getting a look at it?

5) Buy Equipment: Going to be nice and have everyone start with maximum gold for their class. Only because I know their won't be alot of time to shop during or after adventures one and two. So would like people to have the equipment they wish to start like masterwork thieve's tools, a scroll or two, and best armor. And Your Welcome ;)

Thank you Thank you Thank you! (Did I say thank you?)

6) Finishing Details: And detail, detail, detail please. And not talking just about crunch here either. :p

But of course!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That maybe because a commander and a warlord would be two sides of the same coin. Although 4e isn't my strong suit but I bet if you converted the class to 4e you would just be adding the same stuff.

So let's see one players stats down, any more vict... I mean takers. :p

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
To tell the truth, I had barely looked at the spell list. My eyes were all over the Eidolon. *drool*

The no summon-with-eidolon-active is a little painful... But I think I could live with it.

And WD, there's nothing saying we both couldn't play Summoners, if you want to play one also. As I said, they are my preference.
Sounds like you would prefer the summoner. No problem, I would be really happy with a gnome alchemist.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Going to quote and borrow FtF's post to keep everyone up to date on where the party is at.

Fangor - Inquisitor
Dragonwriter - Summoner
Songdragon - Warrior/Cleric or something Paladinish (real word??)
Vertex - Something Divine or Rouguish
Walking Dad - gnomish alchemist

It might be a good ideal to have an a race figured into your assigning of stats so you can allocate a couple extra dice to their weakest one just in case. Songdragon could play a dwarven warrior/cleric and still have great stats, he would just need to RP why he isn't as healthy as "normal dwarves". Which btw would earn bonus XP ;)

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, settled. You get Alchemist, I take Summoner. Sounds good to me. :D

And for my Dice Pool assignment, here goes:

STR: 6d6
DEX: 4d6
CON: 5d6
INT: 4d6
WIS: 3d6
CHA: 6d6

EDITING COMPLETE PLEASE ROLL MY STATS NOW HM

I am thinking about playing Half-Orc with this... I like the idea of a half-orc turning to a true Outsider for a connection...

And the "mage" pulling out a falchion and chopping a foe's head off...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases