WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm at Borders and my copy is due in two weeks :(. They don't know why the hold up I was suppose to get it today.

Tome of Secerts is an outside source from paizo? Is it avaiable in stores?

Oh LOVE!! LOVE!! Shade btw. Great work.

HM

Songdragon

Explorer
So how do people feel about a paladin? It would not be the first class that the character will have, but something to multi-class into. I know a paladin can cause issues with a party so I thought I would ask. I can always go fighter instead. Right now I am thinking of a dwaven cleric of Torag (Artifice and Good are likely domains).

Are the feats/spells in the WotBS players pdf available? Gate Pass folks have some feat options.

Thanks,
Songdragon

Vertexx69

First Post
Its not published by Piazo but by Damant. The 3rd party races and classes on the PFSRD are all from "tome of secrets"

And a paladin might have a problem with Shade as time passes as she is on an "evil by necessity" kind of angle for the future.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
DW now would I do anything like that :angel:, (never thought of sundering a spell pouch thanks, :devil:) It just seems to me you have so few material spells and spells per day that it wouldn't matter.

Yes, yes I think you would do that. When you set a hydra against a party nowhere near capable of fighting it, forcing us to run and more-or-less cornering us... Yeah...

And it is precisely because I have so few spells that I need the components. Or do away with them, thanks to the feat.

Question would Augment summoning work on your SLA summoned creatures? Or is that just for the spell version?
I would think augment summoning would work on the eidolon since it uses the summon monster feature. It occurred to why players weren't choosing human to start with 2 feats to get that last night.

I'd say it depends on what you rule, HM. Personally, I see that as a strong boost to the eidolon... But I'm not sure how I would rule. Given our stat rolls, it might be a good thing to boost it.
But it should apply to my Summon Monster SLA (there are examples in 3.5 of a demon using its Summon and applying Augment Summoning), even if it doesn't apply to the eidolon.

And Songdragon, I have no problem with a Paladin. As long as he's not too preachy... And doesn't get confused when the half-orc comes up Lawful Good. :p

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yes Songdragon the players guide stuff is all avaiable but may need a little twiking to Pathfinder. Depends on what you want. And I think DW character won't have a problem with you being a paladin.

Tome of Secerts has a pdf for 10 bucks but I could get the APG pdf for that also darn. What is this occupations like Vertexx69?? Is it extras or replacement for traits? Give you more control over class skill choices?

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Wait a sec in my defense that hydra was EL5 and the average party lvl was 3rd. And it was suppose to be a way to show off Vance's abilities. :p

Not for you all to overcome just to get some shots in and have the NPC prove himself so when he decided to take on the elven army coming, you all figured he could handle his own. Besides I gave you a woods to hide in and give everyone a +2 AC and btw that hydra is still lurking in the river.

Back to character gene...

I like all the backgrounds so far and as you all start in Gate Pass you would have heard of the "Scourge" it seems the new emporess doesn't like arcane casters. :confused: And has sent her Inquistiors to the city to destory them all.

HM

Vertexx69

First Post
As its OGL I can post this example of an occupation of which the tome of secrets has 40.

Pirate
Pirates are the bandits of the seas.
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Skills: Choose 3 of the following skills as
permanent class skills. If a skill you select is
already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence
bonus on checks using that skill.
Acrobatics, Appraise, Climb, Intimidate,
Knowledge (geography), Profession (sailor),
Survival, Swim
Bonus Feat: Choose either Persuasive or Two-
Weapon Fighting
Starting Money: 2d4x10

The extra starting cash ranges from 1d4-4d4 X10gp, and the various occupations range from giving 1-3 skills from a limited list like that above, which differs for each. Half of them give a bonus feat.

I would suggest occupation instead of the +2/+2 if you decide to use the option.

@ FtF - the list looks like its almost the same as in the APG. But the fan generated ones say so in their description.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Traits will be subject to approval and if some give you a big power bonus it might balance out the average stats. Just use them as an ideal maybe even make up your own to fit background and what you wish for your character.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
I looked through most of the traits in the PFSRD... And the vast majority are fan-created.

And while I like the sound of the occupations, I don't have a single PF book and no resources to purchase one. Makes it hard for me to go along with extra rules...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases