WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Songdragon

Explorer
HM, I think some thoughts on character generation may help so that we can see what we have to work with and see how we might come up with certain builds.

You mention that there are 2 reserves. Do you by chance know what Gruffle and WD have in mind for possible character concepts? (unless they chime in for themselves that is.)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Nice! Yes, any character gen stuff would help. Not sure which race, but any would do, according to the light reading on that WotBS link.

Fangor - Inquisitor
Dragonwriter - Sumoner or Alchemist
Songdragon - Dwarven Warrior/Rogue
Vertex - Something Divine or Rouguish
Grufflehead - ???
Walking Dad - ???

Dragonwriter

First Post
I will look into it thanks for the link may need it in character gene.

Sure thing. It was invaluable designing a couple of PF characters... Shame the games never progressed. And I may not need a summary of changes, as it seems the PFSRD will be updated with the final classes once APG is released.

Inquisitor hmm.. there are Inquisitors as bad guys game 1 need to look into it FtF

As I understand it, the Ragesian Inquisitors are a something of an extreme police force, correct? The style of the Inquisitor class is much more "divine-powered hunter." And it is easy to change a class name. ;)

Does everyone wish for me to post some character gene stuff (actually mostly by the book) or do you all wish to continue to talk characters together and get roles figured out?

HM

That would be great! I could get to work and nail down which I'm going to play...

Either one is likely to be a bit maniacal, though for different reasons. Alchemist would be "makeitgoboom!" and likely something of a pyromaniac...
[sblock=Pyro's and Explosive-Nuts' Rules of Life]
For the Pyromaniac:
Rule 1. Any problem can be solved with enough application of fire.
Rule 2. If something does not burn, see Rule 1.

And for the person crazy about Explosives...
There is no problem C4 cannot solve.
Or as Vaarsuvius says, 'as the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is capable of solving approaches zero.'

Is it wrong I like these philosophies so much? :devil:
[/sblock]

The Summoner would be a little unhinged, what with communing with an Outsider regularly, and would giggle whenever his Eidolon starts eating a bad guy... And I'm thinking the Eidolon would be something like a freaky wolf... Would you allow me to get secondary bite attacks by spending Evolution Points, HM? I've kinda got a Cerberus picture stuck in my head. I can get by without the multi-head/bite, but it never hurts to ask...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Generating A Character:

1) Determine ability scores: As I am tired of the same old same old we will use the Dice Pool method. Each character will be assigned a Dice Pool of 28 dice to divide out to their stats. You assign the number of dice for each stat BUT - I will roll for you.

Now this isn't because I don't trust anyone here, quite the opposite here in EnWorld actually. What I don't want is someone crying foul if they end up with only on stat at 16 the rest 12 and below, and someone else ends up with two 18's. I will roll and post up your stats and there will be no take backs or switching. So I will need a EDITING COMPLETE PLEASE ROLL MY STATS NOW HM, in your post and then I will roll them and send them back to you.

Make sure you have it listed coherently please:

STR: 6d6
DEX: 4d6
CON: 6d6
INT: 4d6
WIS: 5d6
CHA: 3d6

Super characters?? Maybe but you will be saving the world so you need to be above average. ;)

2) Pick your race: Easy as all are avaiable. And then add/subtract your racial modifiers to your stats.

3) Pick your class: Also easy as most of you already have. But there is a new class Commander in the Player's Guide and a few feats to allow you to multiclass freely between monk and sorcerer or monk and cleric. So have a good ideal remember no take backs or switching in your stats.

4) Pick Skills and Feats: All in CORE and the new APG avaiable along with whatever is in the Player's Guide and maybe WotBS adventures. Some may need twiking for Pathfinder I know a few of the spells will. And Vow of Healing is like Channeling Energy just weaker, but you need not be a spell caster to take it so we will see.

5) Buy Equipment: Going to be nice and have everyone start with maximum gold for their class. Only because I know their won't be alot of time to shop during or after adventures one and two. So would like people to have the equipment they wish to start like masterwork thieve's tools, a scroll or two, and best armor. And Your Welcome ;)

6) Finishing Details: And detail, detail, detail please. And not talking just about crunch here either. :p

NOTES: We will be rolling your HP every LVL after first. There will be a few Houserules added to the main rules but I will keep them as light as possible. Top of my head is "If you need a nat 20 to hit your target, then you do not get the possiblity of a crit, just be glad you rolled that 20 LOL." And other little stuff.

Is that enough for you to start if not let me know.

HM

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, I would be interested in a Alchemist or Summoner.

Alchemist

STR: 4d6
DEX: 4d6
CON: 6d6
INT: 7d6
WIS: 4d6
CHA: 3d6

Summoner

Switch Int to Cha 7d6
Cha to Str 3d6
Str to Int 4d6

So, I can keep the roles, but leave the class open :)

EDITING COMPLETE PLEASE ROLL MY STATS NOW HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Can I use this from the APG

Eye for Talent: Humans have great intuition for hidden
potential. They gain a +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks.
In addition, when they acquire an animal companion,
bonded mount, cohort, or familiar, that creature gains
a +2 bonus to one ability score of the character’s choice.
This racial trait replaces the bonus feat racial trait.

for an eidolon (only not listed creature/class feature)?

If not I will play a gnome :)

Songdragon

Explorer
I do not have the APG and not sure if I will get it anytime soon.

For the character... I will see what comes up with the rolls before I commit to a class. Considering a rogue with fighter, cleric with fighter (holy warrior thing without being a paly, but may be a play if comes up... who can say, yet), may even go ranger I have to see the results. So... roll'em, and we shall see what shall emerge from the jumble of dice! :)

Str 6d6
Dex 5d6
Con 5d6
Int 4d6
Wis 4d6
Cha 4d6

EDITING COMPLETE PLEASE ROLL MY STATS NOW HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Songdragon's rolls:
STR: 16
DEX: 13
CON: 8
INT: 15
WIS: 12
CHA: 16

Well if IC isn't the strangest thing ever the 5d6's rolled low and the 4d6's rolled high. Something to work with Songdragon I hope you play up the low CON (or could give it +2 from race) by describing some illness when you were young or something.

Sorry WD can't roll yours till I have a single set, like Songdragon you should have an ideal and then see what you get. Why don't you and Dragonwriter decide who will be the alchemist and who the summoner first then I will roll for you.

BTW grufflehead has declined his spot so anyone following there is an open place for a character.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Hi, I would be interested in a Alchemist or Summoner.

Why don't you and Dragonwriter decide who will be the alchemist and who the summoner first then I will roll for you.

Yeah, I voiced interest in those, myself. But I'm hearing the Summoner got nerfed (again, as I understand it), so I'd like to know the changes to that class between the Final Playtest and the APG. Or if HM just OK's the Final Playtest version instead...

Personally, my preference at this point would be to play the Summoner (though still awaiting APG info). I think I'd have a lot more fun with that class.

EDIT: Eidolons are the Summoner's special pet. Think Outer Planes animal companion. That gets special evolutions to become just what the Summoner wants.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases