WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Vertexx69

First Post
IC officially hates everyone on this site. I just rolled 4 1s in 7 attacks in the living pathfinder game over the last 24 hours.

The APG says 2 traits is standard but the DM may want to adjust that up or down depending on the challenge of the adventure. With the crappy stat blocks we got out of IC for that very generous Chargen rule I don't know what you'd like to do.

The occupation feature from tome of secrets could help people flush out backgrounds as well. I like it as it makes characters a bit more survivable right out of the gate, with a couple options that aren't tied to race or class.

I used the living pathfinder wiki sheet to build "Shade" the elven rogue. She's got a very tragic background. :p Where should we post the sheets?

I would totally suicide that set of garbage you just rolled for WD

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It's not garabage it's.... um character LOL.

I think in 28 d6 rolls for WD not a one of them was a 6. Sorry WD :(

I was thinking of more traits and maybe a free +2/+2 feat at first lvl (an old houserule of mine) to help flush out the characters. I will look into the occupations then, anything to help with background and RP is worth looking into.

I'm watching the Frog Hunt thread btw ;) What does WD's character Ta have against Boon that he keeps attacking the poor cat LOL.

Attack BN opps no BG :p

EDIT: opps here's this http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...ky-campaign-saga-rg-pathfinder-converted.html

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Walking Dad's stat rolls:

STR: 10
DEX: 11
CON: 10
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 12

And there you go WD and probably not what you hoped for like everyone else sorry but I think if you chose a race to give you a +2 INT you would have a decent alchemist.

It is under standard point buy. It is low fantasy

10 0
11 1
10 0
14 5
12 2
12 2

The creature's ability scores are listed here. Unless otherwise indicated, a creature's ability scores represent the baseline of its racial modifiers applied to scores of 10 or 11. Creatures with NPC class levels have stats in the standard array (13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8), while creatures with character class levels have the elite array (15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 8); in both cases, the creature's ability score modifiers are listed at the end of its description.
15 7
14 5
12 2
11 1
10 0
8 -2

So most humanoid monsters have a better array.

May I at least choose another class to save my concept for a hero character :( Maybe an adept or an expert.

Sorry HM, 28d sounds like an innovation, but IC shows once again, why I prefer point buy.

Wasn't there a rule for hopeless characters?

Vertexx69

First Post
I vote you reroll WDs block as that is truly pathetic. The point of a game is to have fun...and thats not fun :rant:

I got your back WD!!!

I've posted the link to Shade in the RG.

Whats a +2/+2 feat? like alertness with +2 to 2 skills?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Have you thought of something to go with your stats first. A human alchemist would work, look at his physical abilities. He looks like an overweight mage always with his nose in a book or behind his chemistry set and never getting out.

If we would have done a 15 point buy you would have what? Taken one of those 10's and made it 14 and drop your cha down to raise your dex?

Don't want to rant but that is how everyone makes a character, so far there have been some great ideals from these "bad rolls" and the ideal isn't to have the great hero save the world it is to have the guy you wouldn't think could do it at all accomplish such a feat. Your character WD play what you think is best with what you were dealt but I think there is possiblity in those for a good character.

@Vertexx yes a +2/+2 feat is a feat that gives you +2/+2 to two skills I give them for free to a) help describe the character a little more, and b) because if I didn't they wouldn't really get used.

@DW why did you take Eschew Materials? A spell component pouch would take care of the two materials you need for spells (powdered iron and a focus crystal). are you looking ahead at something??

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Don't want to rant but that is how everyone makes a character, so far there have been some great ideals from these "bad rolls" and the ideal isn't to have the great hero save the world it is to have the guy you wouldn't think could do it at all accomplish such a feat. Your character WD play what you think is best with what you were dealt but I think there is possiblity in those for a good character.

Part of it, I believe, is you like playing what you're dealt, HM. You seem to prefer the random drawbacks, which is OK for some. Others prefer to create the drawback for their character, and that style is supported by point-buy. I fall into the latter category, as point-buy lets me build what I want, rather than building around arbitrary rolls. I think that is a major part of why everyone has been angry about the rolls, as we already had character concepts, and these sup-par rolls have messed with our preconceived characters.

@DW why did you take Eschew Materials? A spell component pouch would take care of the two materials you need for spells (powdered iron and a focus crystal). are you looking ahead at something??

HM

I took Eschew Materials because I didn't want to spend 5 GP. :p
And in case we ever get taken prisoner, tied up or have stuff stolen, I won't be doomed for it. An easy way to mess with a caster is to deprive them of their material components and/or spellbook. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the latter at all.

If you look at the spells covered by the spell component pouch, it is most spells. And without a pouch (say, through Disarm or Sunder), that fireball-casting Wizard suddenly isn't so dangerous. But if he has Eschew Materials, he's still fine and blasting away. Eschew Materials protects me from that. It might be a bit of paranoia, but such a thing never hurts. Especially in this game.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
So, two traits, or three? And just ton confirm, we are getting the +2/+2 feat for free, right? Just wanted to clarify, as I am updating character sheet right now. Also, what traits are available to take? I know the original traits from the pdf they give out, which have the Combat, Faith, Magic and Social traits, but I was wondering if there were any more that were available, before I make a selection.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
DW now would I do anything like that :angel:, (never thought of sundering a spell pouch thanks, :devil:) It just seems to me you have so few material spells and spells per day that it wouldn't matter. Question would Augment summoning work on your SLA summoned creatures? Or is that just for the spell version?

And...

Let's start with two traits from here

And yes go ahead and pick a free +2/+2 feat.

And try and use the character sheet in the RG please.

HM

Vertexx69

First Post
I would think augment summoning would work on the eidolon since it uses the summon monster feature. It occurred to why players weren't choosing human to start with 2 feats to get that last night.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases