WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As this seems to be the one everyone is waiting for I will post this up for interest checks. But really not going to go through any character gene rules or house rules or anything like that just yet.

The day after I get my copy of the Advanced Players Guide, we will start with some character gene. For now just want to know who is interested and what you think you would like to play. Please page through the Player's Guide PDF. This will be a start at 1st lvl and climb up the ladder all the way to 20+ so lot's of fun to be had.

And I know it looks like I'm starting way to many games, it is all ok as more than half are modules so more than 2/3 the work already done for me. :p Just need that HM touch LOL.

Thread is all yours EnWorlders

HM

EDIT: Houserule
I have seen where DM's have stated that they will wait a few days for a post before saying a character is delaying. It looks like a good way to keep combat flowing, so I will implement it in most of my games.

Since this is a medium speed game, I will say everyone has 4 days after I post up a recap to get their actions posted. It should be enough time and if you think you can't for an upcoming round go ahead and post some upcoming alternate actions I could use. If you post nothing then you will be delaying till you re-post.
LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...ky-campaign-saga-rg-pathfinder-converted.html
Deities post so I don't lose it.

[sblock=Notes] Tracking Scribe kit: starts at 100gp
WD makes a scroll of mage armor here
Stand the Heat[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry ML it is not it is the free campaign you see to your right----->

War of the Burning Sky.

The Wheel of Time campaign is something for the end of the year as I am making a whole Homebrewed system and so far

3.5 Base
Races human only

Nationalities instead of classes so you could be an Andorman, Shienaran, or Aiel and you get prof, skills, and such from that.

Magic is the big one I'm thinking of using a spell point system to represent power lvls and you can pump as many points into a spell to make it as strong as you wish. But when your out your drained of your ability to reach the source. an'greal well multiply your number of points or allow casting without using yours, (Wells with reserve points) just thoughts for now and notes I have everywhere LOL

Sorry again ML probably not till the end of the year.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ooooh... I have been interested in this campaign for a while...

I'd definitely like to get in, though I only have PF access through the PFSRD. I'll have a look-see at that and the WotBS Player's Guide and get back to you.

Myth and Legend

First Post
HM I shall provide you with all the necessary books, best look at the prestige classes and weaves (spells) and not rediscover hot water, but rather convert the stuff to 3.5 (from d20) and houserule some stuff like Angreal and SaAngreal being arguably useless. A Channeler with access to the Choedan Kal should be able to destroy a country, but in the book it adds a numerical advantage equal to adding +10 to a base of 10, instead of multiplying it x 10 which is closer to what is in the books.

Some of the classes like Blademaster are really well written though, and the are also rules for Dreamers, Sniffers, madness (due to the Taint or being a Wolfbrother) etc.

Songdragon

Explorer
Heya HM, I am interested in playing WotBS. Not too sure what I would want to play just yet. But dwarven something, perhaps warrior or rogue. Maybe a combo of the two. Always wanted to mix those two, but any game I have been in just never came to fruition. I could always be convinced to play a clerical type as well. Yes, right now character concept is really wishy washy. Looking over the Player's Guide for WotBS, a character from Gate Pass looks to be the option I would want to start with.

Vertexx69

First Post
So WotBS is a 4ED campaign that you're converting to a home brew pathfinder hybrid system? That's quite ambitious. As long as its on a fast posting schedule I wouldn't mind playing something divine or roguely depending on the allowed sources.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, after looking at the PFSRD, I am really interested in playing either the Summoner or Alchemist. They look fun. :D
Of course, those are the Final Playtest versions, so I do not know how they are in the actual APG. If you could fill me in on the changes from this place, that would help immensely.

@Vertexx - WotBS was 3.5 before being published for 4E, too. And that homebrew stuff discussed above is for a game later this year, I believe. One mentioned in HM's recent "on the mind" post, concerning a Wheel of Time game.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Very interested in this game! When talking of Pathfinder, you are sticking straight to Pathfinder classes and such, nothing from the Complete Scoundrel/Warrior/Divine/etc Series right? If so, count me in! I am liking this Pathfinder Gaming and it suits my playing.

If possible, I would like to try out the Inquisitor character. It is listed on the Advanced Players Guide alongside the Alchemist, and sounds like something worth using for this type of campaign. PLEASE let there be a slot for me!!!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
HM I shall provide you with all the necessary books, best look at the prestige classes and weaves (spells) and not rediscover hot water, but rather convert the stuff to 3.5 (from d20) and houserule some stuff like Angreal and SaAngreal being arguably useless. A Channeler with access to the Choedan Kal should be able to destroy a country, but in the book it adds a numerical advantage equal to adding +10 to a base of 10, instead of multiplying it x 10 which is closer to what is in the books.

Some of the classes like Blademaster are really well written though, and the are also rules for Dreamers, Sniffers, madness (due to the Taint or being a Wolfbrother) etc.

I am looking into getting the adventure book that came out (Amazon loves me LOL) so will see what it is like. Thanks

Heya HM, I am interested in playing WotBS. Not too sure what I would want to play just yet. But dwarven something, perhaps warrior or rogue. Maybe a combo of the two. Always wanted to mix those two, but any game I have been in just never came to fruition. I could always be convinced to play a clerical type as well. Yes, right now character concept is really wishy washy. Looking over the Player's Guide for WotBS, a character from Gate Pass looks to be the option I would want to start with.

Sounds good I play a halfling druid/cleric right now (in the second installment, I missed the first :(). And they have something simpler to the channel energy ability called Vow of Healing, pretty kool don't know how to change that to PF. We are starting at 1st lvl (sorry Vertexx69) and I plan to take it all the way to the end lvl 20+ so whatever you chose to play we will have fun.

So WotBS is a 4ED campaign that you're converting to a home brew pathfinder hybrid system? That's quite ambitious. As long as its on a fast posting schedule I wouldn't mind playing something divine or roguely depending on the allowed sources.

See below about system.. And posting is up to all of you I am about everyday. Just ran a 6 round combat in a week over in my Forge of Fury game. That is fast for pbp :p And this is a module I will have possiblities "mapped out" you all tell me what you wish to do and I will post up NP.

Okay, after looking at the PFSRD, I am really interested in playing either the Summoner or Alchemist. They look fun. :D
Of course, those are the Final Playtest versions, so I do not know how they are in the actual APG. If you could fill me in on the changes from this place, that would help immensely.

@Vertexx - WotBS was 3.5 before being published for 4E, too. And that homebrew stuff discussed above is for a game later this year, I believe. One mentioned in HM's recent "on the mind" post, concerning a Wheel of Time game.

I will look into it thanks for the link may need it in character gene. I will let you know any changes to the classes NP. And thanks for the heads up to Vertexx69.

Very interested in this game! When talking of Pathfinder, you are sticking straight to Pathfinder classes and such, nothing from the Complete Scoundrel/Warrior/Divine/etc Series right? If so, count me in! I am liking this Pathfinder Gaming and it suits my playing.

If possible, I would like to try out the Inquisitor character. It is listed on the Advanced Players Guide alongside the Alchemist, and sounds like something worth using for this type of campaign. PLEASE let there be a slot for me!!!

Well I don't know... :p j/k

Yes only sources will be Core and APG, no stuff from other works or modules, etc. Should be enough there.

Inquisitor hmm.. there are Inquisitors as bad guys game 1 need to look into it FtF

This was suppose to be an interest check and I see alot of that. Game will be six players (I know alot but needed trust me.) I have reserves for grufflehead and Walking Dad and the four of you. That makes six.

Does everyone wish for me to post some character gene stuff (actually mostly by the book) or do you all wish to continue to talk characters together and get roles figured out?

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases