New "Red Box" Starter Set hands-on preview

nnms

First Post
Design & Developments pt 2 on Thetomeshow.com has the 2nd half of the gencon presentation.

The Eladrin stat choices seem to be +2 Int and then Dex or Cha.

Don't know if that was brought up yet.

Stalker0

Legend
I'm actually the most excited about the cleric...they are actually putting buff effects into at-wills...I've been waiting for this for a while!

With more powers like these, attack stats don't need to be so high. You can make an older school buffing cleric. Sure hitting is great, but its not required to get that nice buff effect.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Setting aside that: 1) I don't really know if this will actually appeal to new new players or new lapsed players or the hard to get new other players. 2) I do know it smells strongly of ...zuchini...

Setting those aside, this reads pretty awsome. Now just have to wait a month.

nnms

First Post
This means the stat bonuses are in line for Fey pact warlocks. This makes me happy.

Definitely. Cunning Bards, Resourceful Warlords (any warlord, really), and basically anything a Tiefling is good at.

I'm also excited about the change for Eladrin Swordmages. The +2 Cha doesn't necessarily do anything for the class features, but it's certainly +1 to Will instead of a Dex boost that will pretty much never get used except on the odd acrobatics check.

My red box/essentials only campaign doesn't start until after the product releases and I already have a waiting list. I think this product is generating a lot of buzz.

Design & Developments pt 2 on Thetomeshow.com has the 2nd half of the gencon presentation.

The Eladrin stat choices seem to be +2 Int and then Dex or Cha.

Don't know if that was brought up yet.

thanks that was my prediction but didn't listen to the podcast... :)

Last edited:

Remove ads