D&D 4E 4e Is Excellent - now give us som fully edited Handbooks please!

Istar

First Post
Okay so after 25 years of 2nd Edition we are playing 4e, we love the new rules and how the game works, the game system is superb.

Besides the little thing of fights taking a while, which we are solving.

The only problem is all our books have been errated to hell and back.

More essential than spewing out essentials is getting the freakin existing basics right.

The errata's seem to be coming to an end as the get smaller and smaller.

Certainly we arent seeing much from the earlier books anymore.

Why dont they reprint all the earlier books including the errata and call them the new edited official versions.

And we can buy books that are real and we can trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeGKushner

First Post
The errata isn't getting smaller and smaller. It's just gone quarterly. I suspect that the last round included so much because they were linning it up with the Essentials.

I wouldn't be surprised if when the next reprint hits, they do like they did in 2e. Never covers and reorganization with incorporated errata, which will lead to other mistakes and need new errata (ala L5R 3rd edition.)

josha

First Post
Okay so after 25 years of 2nd Edition we are playing 4e, we love the new rules and how the game works, the game system is superb.

Besides the little thing of fights taking a while, which we are solving.

The only problem is all our books have been errated to hell and back.

More essential than spewing out essentials is getting the freakin existing basics right.

The errata's seem to be coming to an end as the get smaller and smaller.

Certainly we arent seeing much from the earlier books anymore.

Why dont they reprint all the earlier books including the errata and call them the new edited official versions.

And we can buy books that are real and we can trust.

They are, it's called Essentials.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Would reprinted books with eratta sell? Maybe? Will there be no more changes to them at all. Definitely not. So why bother?

I am a person who uses books almost exclusively, and I see no need for (nor would I buy) a PHBI or MMI with errata, unless htey basically redid the classes and monsters ala PHBII and III or MMIII.

I would like to see both of the books updated, with some classes getting a power-up, but simply changing erata is not worth buying a pair of new books.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I would buy them 3 sets ...why? I dont want my nieces and nephews to be fed the retro experience that essentials looks to be selling.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
From the WotC is Listening thread linking the Critical_Hits coverage of the Gen Con 2010 D&D New Products Seminar:

• The Rules Compendium is not an alternative to the core three books (PHB, DMG, MM,) They will reprint the core books when the time is right, but for now, they have plenty of copies of them in the warehouse so they don’t need to reprint them. They may also reprint them with errata.

B-):hmm:

I would buy PHB1 and 2 and MM1 and 2 and DMG 1 errata'd upto to current standards and settings. But I dunno how many others would. The rules compendium looks good, maybe worth buying for one per participant.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases