[IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 514
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    [IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

    Gotham Squires #1

    Chapter 1 "Entering the City"

    Brick:
    Acting as East River's 'special' defense was hard enough. But it seems to get worse every week and you start to worry that your neighberhood will become undistinguishable from Bryanttow in the next two months. Gangs are starting to move in, worst are the Shades, that seem to get some support from a bigger organisation. On your evening patrol on your motorcycle, you stop and answer the cell phone. As you take it to your ear, you realize it isn't yours, but a seond one. You hear a computer modified voice on the other end of the line. "Good evening Mr O'Hare, or shall I say Brick? I got some information about a gun trade in Gotham Harbor. Are you interested? Call me Oracle."

    Dr Chaos & Crucible:
    Your plane finally lands on the Gotham International Airport. Dr Chaoes once more curses the loss of so much money on older projects, that he was forced to use a commercial line. At last his face is still widely unknown, so he is sure to avoid trouble. Next to him sits Crucible, disguised and not wearing her costume. Again she wonders why she had agreed to act as Kaltzof's bodyguard on this flight and why they worked together. At least there was the common goal to disrupt SHADOW's plans for Gotham to further their own goals. As they moved toward the exit, Dr Chaos hopes Octavia will already be waiting outside.

    Fallen Angel:
    Octavia waits in normal clothes outside the airport, next to the rented car. She traveled earlier to Gotham to collect information and to bring Dr Chaos equipment there without having to pass the airport controls. With his equipment in the trunk and the time and the address of the next SHadow activity, she feels confident that they will quickly rech their goal and are able to leave this city.

    ---

    [IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires
    [OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires
    [RG] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Thursday, 6th January, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,421
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Octavia waits for the doctor to arrive, leaning against the passenger side fender of the rental car, casually observing the people coming and going from the terminal entrances. She begins to lose a little patience after convincing the third airport security meter maid that she was innocently waiting for a friend and not loitering. The last one actually tried to flirt with her, the stupid oaf.

    Despite her inner annoyance, Octavia brushes him off politely. The little annoyance she feels is suppressed and added into that storage of rage that she keeps in reserve for those occasions when it is time take it out on worthy opponents. Chubby airport parking security guys not minding their own business are not worth her effort to punish.

    She decides to kill rest of the time doing something she observed another woman doing at one time or another. She pulls out a little bottle of some red paint-like substance and begins applying the paint to her finger nails with the brush attached to the screw top cap thinking, not sure what the deal is with this nail polish business, but it is a way to pass the time and relax a little.
    << OOC: Take 10 for Diplomacy Checks for 21>>
    Mini Stats
    Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
    Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
    Attack: Sceptre: +12 Chain: +14
    ___________________________________________

    Fallen Angel
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #3
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,830

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Brick:
    Acting as East River's 'special' defense was hard enough. But it seems to get worse every week and you start to worry that your neighberhood will become undistinguishable from Bryanttow in the next two months. Gangs are starting to move in, worst are the Shades, that seem to get some support from a bigger organisation. On your evening patrol on your motorcycle, you stop and answer the cell phone. As you take it to your ear, you realize it isn't yours, but a seond one. You hear a computer modified voice on the other end of the line. "Good evening Mr O'Hare, or shall I say Brick? I got some information about a gun trade in Gotham Harbor. Are you interested? Call me Oracle."
    "Can't say I'm keen on having things slipped in my gear without my knowing about it," Brick says, "but 'oracle,' if you can help me keep more weapons out of the war zone this place is turning into, then point the way."

  • #4
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Octavia waits for the doctor to arrive, leaning against the passenger side fender of the rental car, casually observing the people coming and going from the terminal entrances. She begins to lose a little patience after convincing the third airport security meter maid that she was innocently waiting for a friend and not loitering. The last one actually tried to flirt with her, the stupid oaf.

    Despite her inner annoyance, Octavia brushes him off politely. The little annoyance she feels is suppressed and added into that storage of rage that she keeps in reserve for those occasions when it is time take it out on worthy opponents. Chubby airport parking security guys not minding their own business are not worth her effort to punish.

    She decides to kill rest of the time doing something she observed another woman doing at one time or another. She pulls out a little bottle of some red paint-like substance and begins applying the paint to her finger nails with the brush attached to the screw top cap thinking, not sure what the deal is with this nail polish business, but it is a way to pass the time and relax a little.
    ...
    Octavia is easily able to convince the security that she is harmless. How will the others react then they hear that this very evening we will have an opportunity to cross SHADOW in Gotham Harbor? she asks herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    "Can't say I'm keen on having things slipped in my gear without my knowing about it," Brick says, "but 'oracle,' if you can help me keep more weapons out of the war zone this place is turning into, then point the way."
    "Glad to hear this Brick. How fast can you be in Gotham Harbor? Pier 7? But be careful, we think that Manheim is maybe involved. You can reach me from this cell. My number is programmed, just select 'Oracle'. Oracle out."
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #5
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,830

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Brick

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    "Glad to hear this Brick. How fast can you be in Gotham Harbor? Pier 7? But be careful, we think that Manheim is maybe involved. You can reach me from this cell. My number is programmed, just select 'Oracle'. Oracle out."
    ((OOC: I'm assuming Brick would know who Manheim is based on the way it's phrased, but I'm not sure I do.))

    Ben frowns at the mention of Manheim. "Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know when I'm done," he says as the conversation ends. He puts the phone away again and revs the engine on his bike. Then he takes off for Gotham Harbor to see how reliable his new mystery source is.

    ((OOC: Plan is to leave the bike at the entrance to the harbor, or at least far enough away that he'll be able to enter more stealthily without the roar of an engine.))

  • #6
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,421
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Octavia is easily able to convince the security that she is harmless. How will the others react then they hear that this very evening we will have an opportunity to cross SHADOW in Gotham Harbor? she asks herself.
    Octavia, unclear where this thought came from, answers herself, most likely they will look forward to some action, but they better not be jet-lagged. These buggers probably have it coming. She admires her painting and gently blows on the nails to dry them faster. She compares her close fitting black pants and halter top with other women that are bustling to and fro at the airport. The attire is not bad or trashy, and her ankle boots are trendy with their low heel. They may not be as lady-like as some of the other travelers wearing dresses, but they are functional and match the color of her wings when she has them manifested.

    Mini Stats
    Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
    Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
    Attack: Sceptre: +12 Chain: +14
    ___________________________________________

    Fallen Angel
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #7
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,968

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    "Verry well, Crrucible move fasterr, brring me those things, I'll carrry the rrest." Dr. Kalstov says to his new minion in his strongly accented english, as he gathers his belongings. He hastly walks outside the airport building, and sees Octavia, lost in her own thoughts.
    He smiles, the smile of a snake.
    "Octavia my dearr Rrussian muffin, I longed to meet you again. I see you have arrrenged trransporrtation as agrreed."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #8
    Crucible picks up the small piece of baggage holding it out at arm's length, looks at the Doctor again and thinks twice about her smart-alec remark. She picks it up while having two of her larger pieces of luggage under her other arm.

    Luckily finding a porter with a cart, she loads the luggage and accompanies the porter out behind the doctor. As he off loads the luggage, she slips him a twenty and gives him one of her stunning smiles.

    Turning back towards the dark haired woman at the car, she stops for a minute.

    OOC: due to Octavia's nature, does she radiate mystical energy?

  • #9
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,421
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Octavia, used to the Doctor's mannerisms, replies "The transportation is adequate and your possessions are in the trunk. I have managed to adequately operate this vehicle and have kept it free from attracting unwanted attention from local authorities. It is my understanding than they frown upon moving too fast and not staying within the lines painted on the road."

    OOC
    Honestly don't know the answer to the question, KT. I assume you mean to Crucible's super-senses. Her wings might radiate some divine energy when they appear or disappear. Same with her chains. The sceptre is carried and is somewhat magical in nature. Being Impervious, having some Immunities and being able to turn Invisible probably wouldn't radiate anything. But the whole point of the wings and chains disappearing is for her to appear normal.
    BTW, have Octavia and Crucible met before? I didn't ignore her, just want to be sure I post correctly when I do respond.

    Mini Stats
    Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
    Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
    Attack: Sceptre: +12 Chain: +14
    ___________________________________________

    Fallen Angel
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #10
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    OOC
    It is up to you, if they know each other. But I suggest they have at least met shortly before.

    I think Octavia's powers are magical by nature, so Crucible should be able to detect something (like Sentinels can sense mutants, even if they don't use their powers at the moment.

    I will come back to Brick, once the other 3 started their way to pier 7. Octavia only knows that there should be a SHADOW operation there, but not it's nature.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires
      By Walking Dad in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 287
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th March, 2011, 09:37 PM
    2. [RG] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires
      By Walking Dad in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th September, 2010, 10:34 AM
    3. Squires: What if your armor carried itself around?
      By Asmor in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th June, 2007, 08:47 PM
    4. Gotham is actually... Moscow?
      By Umbran in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Tuesday, 19th December, 2006, 02:38 PM
    5. Paiges and Squires?
      By Dristram in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th March, 2002, 07:23 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •