[IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia realizes talking is not going to accomplish anything if her companions are not going to cooperate. She makes a heroic effort to try and slow the god down until Brick can make the call. She lets him have it with her ring and then ducks behind cover against any return blasts.

[sblock=Actions]Spend Hero Point: Alter Ring's Blast to be Paralyzing
Standard Action: Touch Attack on Ragnarak; Divine Ring (1d20+12=26) with Paralyze 5
Move Action: Move up to Ragnarak and then away to take cover.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
Attack: Ring: +12 Chain: +14
Health: Picture of excellent feminine sexuality
Diplomacy: +11; Escape Artist: +18;
Notice: +17; Sense Motive: +17 Stealth: +16; [/sblock]___________________________________________

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 3

As soon as he makes it to the other side, Brick pulls out the special cell and hits the speed dial Oracle gave him. He's not about to trust in a parley...
Schmidt responds one last time through the comm-link (sending through the portal): "I will close it know. The armored soldiers are trying to follow you!"
Perrhaps we could decide this overr a game of pokerr and a few vodka shots?” says Kaltzov grining as well. "Fly my little rrag dolls, FLY!" With this, he inverts the gravity, lifting the God, shadowgate and the minions, sending them crashing to the ceiling.
Crucible starts moving her hands and speaking the infernal tongue as she magically snares Shadowgate.
Octavia realizes talking is not going to accomplish anything if her companions are not going to cooperate. She makes a heroic effort to try and slow the god down until Brick can make the call. She lets him have it with her ring and then ducks behind cover against any return blasts.
The near-divine being resists the rings magic.

Shadowgate teleports away, taking the restraining magic with him.
The power armored goons fire back, but only Crucible is hit meaningfully.
Ragnarok flies at Octavia just hitting her, but she withstands the attack. and barely avoids the grapple.

[sblock=ooc]

Please add your current saves and health to your posts.

Ragnarok will save (DC 15) (1d20+9=21)
PA attacks (Brick (18), Chaos (19), Crucible (14), Octavia (20)) (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=11); forgot the -2 for being on the ceiling
Chaos toughness save (DC 22) (1d20+9=27)
Crucible toughness save (DC 29) (1d20+7=19)
Crucible is staggered and stunned, if she doesn't use a HP
Ragnarok attack (1d20+15=20)
Octavia toughness (DC 26) (1d20+8=27)
Octavia Grapple check (1d20=20) auto success

Other side:

Octavia - +2 HP
Brick - +2 HP
Chaos - +1
Crucible - +2 HP; hit 1, stunned, staggered

Shadowgate - bound, away.
Ragnarok - flying
8 / 8 Powerarmored minions - on ceiling
Anti-Invisibity field - ON

[/sblock]

ooc: PCs turn.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brick

Brick swears under his breath as he gets no signal in the room. As the others work to take on the opposition, Brick jumps for the closest exit.

OOC: My initial thought was to just have him barrel through a door or wall, but I'm going to admit that the object damage rules have me flummoxed. It seems pretty standard for a character like Brick to bust down a door or crack through a wall, but I'm not sure it's possible mechanically? Anyway, thus my vague description. I figure at the very least Brick's Leaping ability should help him vault over folks without taking AoO.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chaos shuts down the gravity field, letting the goons fall from the ceiling (Hoping to take them all out with falling damage). He points his hands towards Ragnarok, and starts gathering gravitic energy.

Minor: Shut down gravitic Field
Stdr: Aim Ragnarock with the Chaos Bender (With improved aim I think Kaltzov gets a +4 or +6 to his next attack)
Move: Move away!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia is chagrined and realizes she was really lucky just now. Not really sure what to do against the god or how to help Brick, she goes totally defensive and tries to cover Brick from attack to buy him time.

[sblock=Actions]Spend Hero Point: To not be fatigued if I need to
Standard Action: Total Defense +4 Dodge AC
Move Action: Move to cover Brick adn hopefully put something between herself and Ragnarak.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
Attack: Ring: +12 Chain: +14
Health: Picture of excellent feminine sexuality
Diplomacy: +11; Escape Artist: +18;
Notice: +17; Sense Motive: +17 Stealth: +16; [/sblock]___________________________________________

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

knightemplar

Explorer
Crucible takes a second to refocus her concentration after the bullets hit her. (OOC: Using the Hero Point).

She then launches a fiery blast at the mortal who dared to hurt her. Her concentration must still be lacking or the fury within her is messing with her aim for a 13.

[sblock=Stats]
PL: 9 (135pp)

Abilities: STR: 16 (+3) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 10 (+0) WIS: 10 (+0) CHA: 18 (+4)

Skills: Bluff 4 (+13 w/attractive), Intimidate 4 (+8), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 8 (+8), Knowledge: Business 4 (+4); Knowledge: Theology & Philosophy 4 (+4), Notice 4 (+4), Sense Motive 4 (+4),

Feats: Attractive, Diehard, Fearsome Presence 5 (25 ft DC 15), Lionheart, Precise Shot,

Powers:
Demonic Speech & Comprehension: Comprehend 3 (speak and understand all human languages, anyone understands no matter the language). Total cost: 5 (2 points per rank and -1 point for broad type human only).
Demonic Flight: Flight 3 (2,500 mph Power Loss when wings are bound). Total Cost: 3 (2 points per rank -1 points per rank for power loss)
Demonic Fire: Hellfire Control 9 (Hellfire Flames Blast 9) /Alternate Power Hellfire Sword - Strike 9. Total Cost 19 (2 points per rank + 1 point for Alternate Power)
Demonic Resistance: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Fire); Total Cost 10
Demonic Warping: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal - flaw Tiring, Mental & Magic still affect her in Insubstantial)/Alternate Power: Teleport 6 (20 miles, extra accurate - flaw tiring); Total Cost 17 (Insubstantial 5 points per rank, -1 for Tiring flaw so 4 points per rank +1 point for Alternate Power)
Demonic Skin: Protection 7 (Impervious). Total Cost: 14 (1 point per rank +1 per rank for Impervious).
Mystic Senses: Supersenses (Mystical Awareness); Total Cost 1 point.
Witchcraft: Magic 9 (flaw Power Loss if unable to freely speak and gesture)/Alternate Power: Mystic Bindings - Snare 9/Alternate Power: Mystic Fog - Obscure 9/Alternate Power: Mystic Blast - Blast 9 Total Cost 11 ( 2 points per rank -1 per rank for power loss +2 Alternate Powers)

Combat: Attack +6 Defense 14 Init +0

Saves: Toughness +7 (7 Impervious) Fortitude +8 Reflex +2 Will +0
Drawbacks: Power Loss (Holy Sites, Uncommon/Major) -3, Vulnerable (vs. Holy, Uncommon/Major) -3,

Abilities 24 + Skills 8 (32 Ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 80 + Combat 20 + Saves 0 – Drawbacks -6 = 135pp
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=56260]knightemplar[/MENTION] : Can you confirm that you are not using 1 of your HP? Avoiding a bad save result (staggered is the second worst) is a very good use of them. I don't want to play your character, I just want to be sure you know of the option. My save rolls are not final until the next player post.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC:
OOC: I am using one of the HP. The second statement was just dramatic for the lousy roll.
Sorry, missed the brackets.
Everyone: Please roll your 'HP saves' yourself. I only roll the regular ones to speed up the game a bit, but prefer players to do their own rolls in general. I always feel bad for rolling low for you.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 4

Brick swears under his breath as he gets no signal in the room. As the others work to take on the opposition, Brick jumps for the closest exit and smashes into the vault door. It budges a bit, but holds.
Chaos shuts down the gravity field, letting the goons fall from the ceiling (Hoping to take them all out with falling damage). He points his hands towards Ragnarok, and starts gathering gravitic energy.
Octavia is chagrined and realizes she was really lucky just now. Not really sure what to do against the god or how to help Brick, she goes totally defensive and tries to cover Brick from attack to buy him time.
Crucible takes a second to refocus her concentration after the bullets hit her. She then launches a fiery blast at the mortal who dared to hurt her. Her concentration must still be lacking or the fury within her is messing with her aim.

"Impressive."
Ragnarok says, following Octavia to the vault door. She successfully dodges his next blow.
The armored goons fall to the ground, but quickly stand up, focusing their attacks at Chaos, but his forcefiels withstands their blasts.

[sblock=ooc]

Please add your current saves and health to your posts.

Crucible toughness (HP) (DC 29) (1d20+7=24)
Technically, Crucible is still stunned, but I allow her missing with her power this round.
Ragnarok attack (PA 5) (1d20+10=18)
Goon attacks (Chaos (19)) (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=18, 1d20+5=7)
Chaos toughness save (DC 29) (1d20+9=29) ;)

Octavia - +1 HP
Brick - +2 HP
Chaos - +1
Crucible - +1 HP; Bruised 1

Ragnarok - flying
8 / 8 Powerarmored minions - on ceiling
Anti-Invisibity field - ON
Vault door - damage 1

[/sblock]

ooc: PCs turn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper