[IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Walking Dad

First Post
Once he catches sight of the contact, Brick makes a powered leap to the roof.

"Oracle sent you?" he asks.

[sblock=OOC]I recognize him as Nightwing, but not sure if Brick would? A fair number of the Bat characters keep even their hero identity a bit secret.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]As a Gotham citizen, I think you will recognize him. But you only know that he works with the Batman, not their relation of his former identity.[/sblock]

"Yes. We want to see you in action first and also take a look at the newcomers who arrived here, too. These people have dubious backgrounds, but I cannot deny that we share the same goal. Tell them to be at the roof of the Gotham Police Department at tomorrow midnight. We have some information for them and we want to make their help 'official'. I trust you to come also and have an eye on them. We know you are one of the good guys.

You can call me Nightwing, by the way."

Nightwing looks at Brick, waiting if the massive man has further questions.

OOC: I think Kaltzov can take 10 with some of these skills and make something up of the machine Shadow was protecting.
Computers: +16
Investigate +15
Knowledge Tech: +15
Craft Tech: +20
Search: +12

Dr Chaos quickly concludes that SHADOW seemingly wanted to buy some advanced weapons. He cannot say why, as SHADOW's standard arsenal is even more advanced. The machine was only a fancy communication device, so Mannheim hasn't to be present physically at weapon deals.

[sblock=OOC]
Notice (1d20+11=13)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia listens as Nightwing explains and ponders, Definitely one of those vigilante heroes. But they appear to need us in the servitude of the authorities. And this Brick character is a trusted member of their guild. Interesting.

Remaining invisible, the angel silently continues to eavesdrop with some curiosity as the two appear to be discussing her and her dubious background.

<<Taking 10's: Stealth for 26>>
[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
Attack: Ring: +12 Chain: +14[/sblock]___________________________________________

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

jkason

First Post
Brick

"Yes. We want to see you in action first and also take a look at the newcomers who arrived here, too. These people have dubious backgrounds, but I cannot deny that we share the same goal. Tell them to be at the roof of the Gotham Police Department at tomorrow midnight. We have some information for them and we want to make their help 'official'. I trust you to come also and have an eye on them. We know you are one of the good guys.

You can call me Nightwing, by the way."

Nightwing looks at Brick, waiting if the massive man has further questions.

"It's an honor to meet you, Nightwing," Brick says. "Been a fan of your work for a while now. I don't have nearly the finesse of a guy like you.

"Official? You mean, like I won't have to dodge the cops when I help 'em do their jobs? I can definitely do with some of that. I'll pass the message along, and trust me, I want to keep an eye on 'em, too. Although one of 'em can turn invisible, so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do that all the time."
He looks around as he says the last, though doesn't appear to notice anything out of the ordinary.

[sblock=OOC]No real questions for Nightwing.

Also, not trying to step on invisible toes or use OOC knowledge with Octavia. Brick doesn't have the abilities to detect her, but she turned invisible in front of him more than once, the last time being with the apparent intent to check out the roof. So, seemed logical he'd be suspicious that she might be eavesdropping even if he has no way of knowing one way or another.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Having made his extraordinary discovery, Chaos goes up the roof followed by Crucible, and sees Nightwing.
"But what do we have herre? A costumed herro, such an honourr. I'm Doctorr Chaos, what can I do forr you lad?"
he says smiling, making his beard looks funny.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After hearing Brick reveal her invisibility, Octavia chastises herself, Well, perhaps I should have been more careful around this one. He might try to bell the cat if I am not careful.

Remaining invisible and eavesdropping.

<<OOC: No worries, jkason. Your reasoning is perfectly fine by me.>>
Attack: Ring: +12 Chain: +14[/sblock]___________________________________________

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
... Although one of 'em can turn invisible, so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do that all the time." He looks around as he says the last, though doesn't appear to notice anything out of the ordinary. ...
"Don't worry, we have a pretty good knowldege what they are capable of. You cannot have many secrets if you come to gotham with a plane and we have the world best information broker on our side. But remember, they are not the enemy. They are the enemy of the enemy. And that makes us all kind of allies."

Having made his extraordinary discovery, Chaos goes up the roof followed by Crucible, and sees Nightwing.
"But what do we have herre? A costumed herro, such an honourr. I'm Doctorr Chaos, what can I do forr you lad?"
he says smiling, making his beard looks funny.

"Dr Chaos, Crucble, I'm called Nightwing. I have already heard from your 'exploits' in other cities. These are dire circumstances, with SHADOW at Gotham's frontdoor, so we offer you and your group a deal. You will work with us and the law and we will not try to catch or hinder you, but give you access to information. Brick knows where the next meeting is. Anything else you need to know now?"
Night wing asks Dr Chaos and Crucible after they arrive.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I believe not, such deal strrikes me as most opporrtune." agrees Chaos, nodding to himself, as he plots in his head the wickedest way to kill this particular hero once SHADOW is dealt with. "Tell me what kind of inforrmation will you lend us? Orr will we know at this... meeting?" asks Dr. Kaltzov

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Octavia wonders about the information this Nightwing and his friends might know, Perhaps we have met some of them in battle before... Ahh, speaking of transportation, methinks we are now one wheeled vehicle short. Perhaps the walking Brick actually has a vehicle for the Doctor to ride in.

Remaining invisible and eavesdropping.

<<I assume the car we came in is totaled and no longer usable.>>

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Walking Dad

First Post
"I believe not, such deal strrikes me as most opporrtune." agrees Chaos, nodding to himself, as he plots in his head the wickedest way to kill this particular hero once SHADOW is dealt with. "Tell me what kind of inforrmation will you lend us? Orr will we know at this... meeting?" asks Dr. Kaltzov
"You will get information regarding known SHADOW operations in this area as well as activities of the local crime scene. Also you will gain access to some buildings that require special permission. And Chaos, I don't trust you. If someone else would have made the calls and if we wouldn't a bit short of manpower, I wouldn't give you the chance." Nightwing says before firing his grappling hook and disappearing into the night...

<<I assume the car we came in is totaled and no longer usable.>>
ooc: Yes, the car is wrecked. You also start to hear still distant police horns.

Remove ads