[IC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 5

The lounge

Like don Quijote de la Mancha, Chaos risis his finger towards the portal. "To the portal, and beyond!" and he teleports next to it, before entering.
As Doc goes for the portal, Crucible launches herself at the portal also to protect Doc.
Brick sputters as his enemy's head explodes, then his own temper does the same. "What is wrong with you people?" Brick bellows. "You can't just keep killing people like you're a vil--" He seems to remember his 'cover' at the last second, amending himself: "We're never going to get any information if you keep killing interrogation sources!" Before he can get any further, Brick finally realizes Penguin's fallen inexplicably. "You and me, we're going to talk," Brick growls in Chaos' direction, but he's already leaping to check on Penguin. "Schmidt, I think we're going to need you over here..."
"I am a doctor of History, not a veterinarian", Schmidt grumbles. But nevertheless he moves quickly over to the fallen Penguin.
"Are you sure we should save him? Might save Gotham a lot of trouble later on if we just leave him be ..."
Not really waiting for a reply and hoping for the best, Schmidt casts Freya's Gentle Touch on the Penguin, his hand shimmering in a gentle golden light.
But even his magic isn't enough. These is not a mere wounded person, but a life drained corpse.

Other side...

Chaos and Crucible arrive in a windowless 12 ft high room. They can see a closed round vault door 20 ft away, the walls made of reinforced steel. There are some consoles with seats at the sides of the 40 ft x 40 ft room, revealed by the white, sterile light of neon tubes. They also notice three other persons: Someone who looks like old descriptions of Thor, but with a blond beard, darkfire and another darkclad man. [/COLOR]

Octavia lashes out at the one called Shadowgate to interrupt his shutting down the gate, I better not try this on my own. Her bolt hits and staggers Shadowgate... so he cannot sustain the portal any longer... it instantly fades away! Octavia moves silently as she can to remain mobile and harder to locate assuming that none of them can see her, while attempting to notice if any of these opponents can actually see or track her movements. The big blond man moves his head in her general direction, bu seems not able to see her. Or he is perhaps just occupied by Chaos' and Crucible's appearance.
"You again!" Darkfire snarls and sends a fiery bolt at the doctor, hitting him strongly though his force field.
Shadowgate isn't able to act, while 'Thor' seems to wait for something...

---

[sblock=ooc]
Shadowgate Toughness vs DC 21 (1d20+6=10)
Chaos Toughness vs DC 22 (1d20+9=18) actually only a 17 with his former damage, do 1 additional Bruised & Injured + stun if no HP use.

Please ad your current saves and health to your posts.

Removed dead characters

Schmidt -
Brick - +1 HP

---

Other side:

Chaos - 2 Bruised & Injured, stunned
Crucible - +1 HP
Octavia - +1HP

darkfire -
shadowy shape -
Shadowgate - 1 Bruised & Injured, staggered, stunned (not after his action)
"Thor" -

[/sblock]

ooc: Hero's turn. Schmidt or Crucible could use extra effort to try to re-open the portal, BTW.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
No longer alone, Octavia has mixed feelings about what has happened. Trying to stop Shadowgate has actually had the opposite effect, Should have let him be and went after Darkfire again. I may have trapped us all since those two followed me here. Well, I would die alone now.

Octavia shoots a divine blast again at Darkfire, Argh! Not a good shot. The fallen angel moves around silently after the shot, keeping mobile and trying to keep from being found.

[Sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Ranged Attack: Ring (1d20+12=14) Strike 5 with Deadly Aim
Move Action: Steathily (1d20+16=35) move around. [/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +20 Def: +10 (0 ff) Tough: +8 (5 Impervious)
Fort: +5 Ref: +14 Will: +13
Attack: Ring: +12 Chain: +14
Health: Picture of excellent feminine sexuality
Diplomacy: +11; Escape Artist: +18;
Notice: +17; Sense Motive: +17 Stealth: +16; [/sblock]___________________________________________

NarissaFace.png
Fallen Angel

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Mommy!I'm taking damage!" Shrieks the doctor. However his mad resolution pushes him forth.
"Kill them all! Kill them now!" he screams angrily in frustration, unable to react.

jkason

First Post
Brick

"Are you sure we should save him? Might save Gotham a lot of trouble later on if we just leave him be ..."
Not really waiting for a reply and hoping for the best, Schmidt casts Freya's Gentle Touch on the Penguin, his hand shimmering in a gentle golden light.
But even his magic isn't enough. These is not a mere wounded person, but a life drained corpse.

"This did not go well," Brick says with a grimace as it becomes clear Penguin's beyond saving, then he looks to the lounge floor just in time to see the portal fading.

"And it just got worse," he says. "I'm not sure if I'm more worried that the Chaos crew are on the other side unsupervised, or that they're on their own. Unless you have a way to track a closed portal?" he asks Schmidt.

Last edited:

knightemplar

Explorer
Interposing herself between the Dr. and the Darkfire creature, she allows the fire to take her over and blasts Darkfire with hellfire.

Hellfire Blast: 12

If Darkfire blasts at the Dr. again, I will move myself between them to take the hit since I am immune to fire.

Padreigh

First Post
Schmidt seems to stare at seemingly nothing and sweat starts to pour from his brow.

"I'll try to get that portal open. Get in there and those fools back here"

[sblock=OOC] Extra effort to get this portal open and keep it open, no matter what [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 6

The lounge

"This did not go well," Brick says with a grimace as it becomes clear Penguin's beyond saving, then he looks to the lounge floor just in time to see the portal fading. "And it just got worse," he says. "I'm not sure if I'm more worried that the Chaos crew are on the other side unsupervised, or that they're on their own. Unless you have a way to track a closed portal?" he asks Schmidt.
Schmidt seems to stare at seemingly nothing and sweat starts to pour from his brow. "I'll try to get that portal open. Get in there and those fools back here." He succeeds as sweat pours from every pore, the dark portal re-opens...

Other side...

Octavia shoots a divine blast again at Darkfire, Argh! Not a good shot. The fallen angel moves around silently after the shot, keeping mobile and trying to keep from being found. Surprised she notice that her attack was more successful than she initially thought, as he somes desoriented and more solid.
"Mommy!I'm taking damage!" Shrieks Chaos. However his mad resolution pushes him forth. "Kill them all! Kill them now!" he screams angrily in frustration, unable to react.
Interposing herself between the Dr. and the Darkfire creature, Crucible allows the fire to take her over and blasts Darkfire with magical energy.
Shadowgate uses the opportunity to flee, vanishing literally.
Behind Chaos and Crucible, suddenly a shadowy shape manifests some distance away. A tendril of black energy trying to hit the doctor draining away his life force...
'Thor' looks suddenly at Crucible. Enough of your hiding!" He bellows. To her shock, Octavia becomes visible!

---

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2747683/
Schmidt can hold open the portal as long as he wishes, but cannot use his magic power for anything else.
Darkfire Toughness vs DC 20 (1d20+6=15)
I changed Crucible's attack from Hellfire to Magic as she has seen that hell fire had no effect.
Darkfire Toughness vs DC 24 (1d20+5=22)
Chaos concentration check (1d20+4=15) failed check to sustain Shield.
Shadow attack (1d20+7=15) hits
Chaos fortitude save (1d20+5=11) failed, takes 8 Con damage!
AP for Thor. Octavaia gains 1 HP, but can no longer use invisibility.

Please ad your current saves and health to your posts.

Removed dead characters

Schmidt - fatigued
Brick - +1 HP

---

Other side:

Chaos - 2 Bruised & Injured, -8 Con
Crucible - +1 HP
Octavia - +2 HP

darkfire - 2 Bruised & Injured, stunned (no longer after this round)
shadowy shape -
Shadowgate - 1 Bruised & Injured, staggered, no longer there!
"Thor" -

[/sblock]

ooc: Hero's turn. Chaos regains each round on the shadows turn 1 Con.

jkason

First Post
Brick

"Just hold on, Schmidt. I'll drag those nutters back fast as I can!"[color] Brick says, leaping for the re-opened portal. He steps through and wastes no time in pointing out the exit point.

"Schmidt's holding this thing open, but it won't last long! Get your butts back here before you get them handed to you!" he calls to Chaos' crew.

[sblock=Saves and Health]Health: Healthy

Defense: 18

Saves: Toughness +10 (Impervious, Tradeoff: Defense) Fortitude +9 Reflex +2 Will +1[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases