[LPF]Kobold's Keep


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 314

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    [LPF]Kobold's Keep

    The following is the second adventure in the new Living Pathfinder world. All those interested please join us at the Social Group below in my signature.

    DM- HolyMan
    Characters:
    Pari & Tagaiwi - played by Mowgli
    Zelena Adu - played by Songdragon
    Orlando Furioso "Fury" - played by GlassEye
    Mordjn - played by Fenris
    Tahn Staful - played by SelcSilverhand

    Rewards

    Experience:
    120 xp each - first kobold encounter
    101 xp each - first fire beetles encounter*
    151 xp each - second fire beetles encounter*
    100 xp each - pit trap*
    177 xp each - second kobold encounter**

    * Mordjn not given XP for this encounter.
    ** Mordjn treated as an NPC for this encounter (total was divided by 4.5)

    Time Experience:

    Date Started: April 11th, 2010
    Date Completed: November 26th, 2010
    Total Days: 107

    Time XP = 749 XP each***

    *** NOTE: Fenris last post on Sept. 22, 2010 Total time playing 42 days (XP = 294)





    Treasure

    40gp - half of payment for taking this job
    treasure from room #1 -small jewerly coffer (made of brass and silver inlay - 150gp) and an ivory comb with a small green gem set in it (value unknown) - both accounted for in encounter gp
    misc treasure - from master bedroom
    brooch value unknown - accounted for in encounter gp
    40gp - rest of payment for taking job

    Time GP = total days played 107 x 6gp/day = 642gp each

    Encounter rewards:
    1st kobold encounter (CR 2)- 800gp divided by 5 characters = 160gp each
    1st fire beetle encounter (CR 1) - 400gp divided by 4 characters = 100gp each
    2nd fire beetle encounter (CR 2) - 800gp divided by 4 characters = 200gp each
    trap (CR 1) - No Treasure
    2nd kobold encounter (CR 3) - 1,200gp divided by 4 characters = 300gp each

    Characters:
    Pari - 1,502gp
    Zelena Adu - 1,502gp
    Orlando Furioso "Fury" - 1,502gp
    Tahn Staful - 1,502gp
    Mordjn - 412gp

    Broken down that is 780gp (encounters) + 642gp (time) + 80gp (service fee) for everyone but Mordjn
    Mordjn = 80gp (encounter) + 252gp (time) + 80gp (service fee)


    Notes

    Introduced Location: Land Owner's and Cultivators Guild -guildhall
    Introduced NPC - Fallson (bueracrat)
    Introduced NPC - Farmer Jezz (farmer)
    Introduced Location: Remmy's Shop for Wanderers - general store
    Introduced Location: Farmer Jezz's farm - farmstead
    Introduced Location: Starlight Keep - dungeon
    Introduced Persona: Baron Dermion - status: unknown location: unknown


    LINKS:
    None yet.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 26th January, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  2. #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Following Fallson out the landside door of the Dunn Wright the group doesn't have far to walk before reaching the offices of The Land Owners and Cultivator's Guild (know as the L.O.C.G.).

    Fallon leads them to a two store building that looks like any other in Venza. It's stoned first floor topped by a white and brown second story made of wood, doesn't look like a guild house at all but more like a barn.

    Walking through the double doors and into a narrow hallway the thin man nods to a few fellow memebers as he passes them. They in turn give Fallson a smile and the group a large frown. When he reaches the door to the back he enters without knocking and bids you all to find a spot to sit while he goes to a cabinet.

    There are two chairs in the center of the room and two benches along the left and right walls.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  3. #3
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Pari plants a javelin in the ground outside the Guildhall (well away from any entrances and a bit off the street to prevent any 'misunderstandings) and drops Tagaiwi's reins loosely over it. "Guard," he says, indicating the javelin.

    OOC
    Tagaiwi's currently in a (small) amount of flux - I need to know if Animal Companions act on their "owner's" initiative. If so I'll be changing his feat away from Improved Initiative.

    About to go ask the question in the Social Group, but if anyone knows an official rule regarding this I can go ahead and make the change.

    EDIT: Went with Toughness rather than Improved Initiative.
    Last edited by Mowgli; Thursday, 12th August, 2010 at 01:13 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelena follows along with the others. As Fallson enters the guildhouse she comments, "I do hope that there is enough time to reach Mr. Jezz's farmstead before nightfall, when the beasties are to return. I am sure some amicable monetary arrangement cane be worked out, afterward."

    She ignores the frowns of those who think they are the groups betters.

  5. #5
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,758
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Fury follows along into an area of the city that he is less familiar with. As he goes he speaks to his companions. "I'm Orlando Furioso, to those of you whom I haven't met before, but call me 'Fury'."

    At the guildhouse he doesn't sit but remains standing near the door patiently (or not) waiting for the guildsman to address them.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,390
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Fury follows along into an area of the city that he is less familiar with. As he goes he speaks to his companions. "I'm Orlando Furioso, to those of you whom I haven't met before, but call me 'Fury'."

    At the guildhouse he doesn't sit but remains standing near the door patiently (or not) waiting for the guildsman to address them.
    "Is Fury merely an diminutive from your surname, or have you earned that name somehow?" Mordjn asks.

    "Mordjn." the tall and muscular man introduces himself as simply.

  7. #7
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,758
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    "Is Fury merely an diminutive from your surname, or have you earned that name somehow?" Mordjn asks.
    Fury is quiet for a short bit after Mordjn's question. "I earned it, after my father's death. That was the past. I was Orlando before then, and Fury after. Maybe I'm ready for a new name, eh?

    Oh, and pleased to meet you all."

  8. #8
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    "Hsssst. Heel, Tagaiwi." Pari sinks low and begins creeping toward the sheep pen, giving a hand signal along with his whispered command to Tagaiwi.

    The tiger crouches and slinks along to the side - somewhat more silently than Pari, as his bloody great scythe keeps getting tangled in his cloak.

    Actions
    Pari and Tagaiwi attempt to sneak up on the pen. Pari's not so quiet, but Tagaiwi's a bit better at hunting . . .

    Handle Animal, Stealth (Pari), Stealth (Tagaiwi) (1d20+7=17, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+7=16)

    HM, I'm not sure how far away we are from the pen.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The gnomish woman follows after the druid and the big kitty, sword at the ready, towards the pen.

    Action

    Stealth 1d20=3 Yes, be afraid of the clanking tin can walking towards you!

    For when we start... Initiative 1d20+2=11

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,390
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Too often growing up had Mordjn heard the sound of animals in distress like that. As the gnomes creep stealthily forward, Mordjn casts subtely to the wind. Drawing his axe he races towards the sheep pen. His long legs carry him quickly over the farm. His battle cry is poised in his thoat awaiting the first sign of his opponents. A thought flashed through his mind, wondering if the red mist of battle would overtake him in this fight. He did not always enjoy it, for he forgot what he did, though he knew he would be a terror.

    Actions

    Moving like a freight train
    Depending on how far it is, either double move -80' or he'll flat out run. But he'll get near that sheep pen as fast as he can and he moves 40'


+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions
    By Green Knight in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2008, 07:05 PM
  2. Kobold
    By Seeten in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Saturday, 17th March, 2007, 01:45 PM
  3. Want to try the Kobold
    By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Friday, 8th September, 2006, 03:49 AM
  4. Want to try the Kobold
    By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Monday, 28th August, 2006, 03:19 PM
  5. Kobold HP
    By DM with a vengence in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •