[LPF]Kobold's Keep

Songdragon

Explorer
"Good to see that you are not too bad off. Had me worried there." she says with a smile and gather herself up. She looks about in the eerie glow of an insect gland and waits for those check, to check for more traps.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari looks on as his new friend makes light work of Tahn's grievous wounds. "Nice trick! Remind me to make sure I've got you around the next time I decide to take a nap under a falling door!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Checking the inside of the room the party finds it mostly buried in dirt, as it looks like the chimney in this room (which is on the ceiling) showered the room in debir.

A search finds that most of the furniture including the bed have been buried under. They do find a few other "artifacts" made of silver to add to their loot.

Once the room is deemed searched the party regroups at the cross section of the hallway with only the westward area needing explored.

[sblock=OOC] I think for every adventure there will have to be "trinkets" to make up the gp for the time award. I need to update XP and after I do I will need someone to check my numbers please. (and thank you) [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving the map up.

lxlAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l0l
lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lel l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lfl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lgl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lFl lMl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lPlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lil l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ljl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lml l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lnl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lol l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lpl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lql l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lrl l l l l l l l l l l l l lRl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lsl l l l l l l l l l l l l lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ltl l l l l l l l l l l l l lVl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lul l l l l l l l l l l l l lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l lNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key

l l = elevation zero
l l = elevation 3'-4'
l l = elevation 40'50'
l l = walls
l l = unexplored or unseeable from current location
l l l
l l l = circular stairwell (10' x 10')

Characters:

lTl = Tahn
lZl = Zelena
lFl = Fury
lMl = Mordjn
lPl = Pari
ltltl = Tagaiwi

[sblock=special rules] The floor and walls are a little slippery due to their smoothness. Which in game terms means if you want to charge or run you need to make an Acrobatics check DC 20 or fall prone. And most climb DC will be elevated because of this. [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"One more doorway and then the stairs." Fury will vault up onto the raised entrance to the last room that they know about and move forward to quietly peer into the room. If it is clear of living things he'll drop down and do a cursory search.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Fury searches the remaining room the others wait by the doorway near the stairs. There they make a startling discovery. The stairs being also inverted is more like a slide than a way up, the smooth glittering ramp gives no room for purchase or footing. The stairs now above their heads mock them at being right there but being of no use.

The room is devoid of life but not of rubbish. Broken furniture and old clothes that once must have been in the now broken wardrobe that lies on it's side smashed into two pieces. The rug that was once on the floor is flopped over most of the debir and it too has seen better days.

[sblock=OOC] Perception check from Fury please. Everyone else wish to try and climb DC 30. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury lifts up the rug to poke through the broken furniture. He's an old hand at salvaging other people's trash and he gets a little bit lost in looking for something he can sell to a refurbisher. He'll pay particular attention to the wardrobe (nobles are notorious for liking to hide goodies in secret compartments, he thinks).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sorry I didn't make the Perception check clear it was for hearing. But with the great post I think I will add something. [/sblock]

Fury's diligence pays off as he notices a concealed compartment (which is hard to conceal with the wardrobe in pieces it's insides exposed to all), in the walls of the wardrobe. As he works the front off he pulls out the small padded drawer to reveal a small brooch inside.

While standing and looking at the brooch in the light of the glowing gland Fury hears a noise behind (and above him). He turns and looks to see the fireplace on the ceiling like in all the other rooms. He doesn't move and hardly breathes and then hears it again moments later.

It sounds like pots and pans being tossed around, and it is coming from inside the fireplace.

[sblock=brooch]
08171-4189.p00.jpg

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Hey, no problem. I dislike posting nothing but a skill check so I added some general searching fluff based on your description of the room (not thinking that that would require an active Perception check). I figured if I sensed something you'd fill me in. Nice image by the way. I find that the use of images like you and InVinoVeritas have been doing enhances the game a lot more than I would have expected. I'd give you an xp for it but I've got to spread some around a little first. :([/sblock]

Fury quickly pulls himself up into the entrance of the room and whispers out to the others. "Something in here making quite a racket..." He tosses the brooch to Zelena to store with the rest of the loot before dropping back into the room. He draws his rapier and moves slowly towards the fireplace keeping his eye on it and continuing to listen for more of the noise. Once he gets directly below the fireplace he places one hand on the slick wall and contemplates the likelihood of climbing the unnatural surface. Since it's a lot different than a rough stone or wood wall Fury looks at the busted up furniture with an eye to finding a piece that might help boost him up so he can reach the mantle.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn begins rummaging through his belongings to retrieve the grappling hook and rope. He eyes the inverted stairway and wonders if he will be able to hook anything considering the smoothness of the surfaces. He hopes there is a door frame or other protuberance it may catch on.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases