lPl = Pari
ltl = Tagaiwi
lal = farm animal
lkl = kobold
lxl = kobold killed by javelin

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The animals move and cry out as the combat errupts about them. Bards who could witness this daring battle would sing of it with words like, audacious-daring (Fury), bold-confidence (Mordjn), dauntless-bravery(Tahn), and even the gnomes would be described as "lionhearted", as they to try and stop these demons.

Fury's move astounds the creature that had first attacked him so much so it misses with a wide swipe of it's spear. When Zelena wades over to it, sword at the ready, she gives a swing that she has to stop short. A goat in the pen moved right in her path and had she continued it would have been that poor creature's head to roll instead of the evil kobolds. (tree bonus :))

Mordjn makes short work of these feeble reptilians as Pari has more trouble almost up to his neck in a sea of sheep. Tahn lands beside the gnome and instantly reaches for the kobold in front of the two companions. He simply touches the creatures forearm and is suddenly alot more aware of these creatures. The koblold shakes of the touch and tries to spear the half-elf, but Tahn picks off the attack with his shield easily.

Tagaiwi makes short work of his "opponent", shaking the thing by the neck like a dead rat, before dropping it to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Seems I switched the kobolds AC, HP in the stats :eek: fixed, and added "tree bonus". [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character           HP   AC   In Hand/Condition[/U]
Pari                 10   14    scythe/none
Tahn                  9   16    javelin&shield/none
Fury                  [COLOR=orange]9[/COLOR]   16    rapier&dagger/none
Tagaiwi              [COLOR=orange]16[/COLOR]   [COLOR=orange]12[/COLOR]    na/none
Mordjn               15   15    axe/none
Zelena               10   20    l.sword&shield/none
kobold                4   [COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR]    spear or sling/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes] I am having a SLA debate in my WotBS campaign so I hope I rule this right here.
Code:
[U]Lore Keeper:[/U] (Sp) - You can touch a creature to learn about its abilities and
                            weakness. With a successful touch attack, you gain
                            information as if you made the appropriate Knowledge 
                            skill check with a result equal to 15 + your cleric 
                            level + your Wisdom modifier. No Use Limit - Check 
                            Result as if rolling a 19 in appropriate knowledge 
                            skill.

1) Is a touch attack from a spell-like ability so follows the rules on pg. 185 Touch Spells in Combat (i.e. no AoO, is a free action, hold the charge)
2) It is a standard action to use the ability. That does not provoke an AoO, needs no components, can not be used to counterspell, can be negated or dispelled... and now the contention-

Spell-like abilities can or can not be countered? Which doesn't apply here but page 221 says on thing and 554 says another. And don't even get me started about a persons ability to use SLA's while paralyzed, :p

INFO gained from Lore Keeper:

a) These creatures are kobolds and usually found in underground dwellings or very dark forest.
b) They have darkvision.
c) And light sensitivety, meaning in the day the only place you will probably find them is underground. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari watches in awe as Fury steps across the sheeps' backs as easily as if he were skipping across a rock filled stream. Then he sees that two of the creatures have his new friend flanked.

A sharp whistle splits the air as he catches his companion's attention; once the big cat is attending he points at Fury. "Tagaiwi . . . mantanggol!"

The nature priest then turns his attention back to the monster in front of him. He swings his scythe with a little more care this time and connects with the foe, but is again jostled by the thrice damned stupid sheep and his blow is feeble.

Tagaiwi does his best to heed his friend's request, scrambling pell-mell toward the kobold remaining outside the wall. But the young tiger is over eager; claws extend but fail to find purchase in the loose soil and his back legs come out from under him as he rounds the corner. Flustered, his teeth fail to find purchase this time.

[sblock=Actions]Handle Animal (1d20+5=21): Command Tagaiwi to defend Fury.
(HM, Tagaiwi is size M but occupies a 10' space).

Attack Kobold (Ps): To Hit (1d20+1=17) for Damage (1d6=1)

Tagaiwi moves to (Px) and attacks kobold (Ox) - swing and a miss.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
[sblock=Notes] I am having a SLA debate in my WotBS campaign so I hope I rule this right here.
Code:
[U]Lore Keeper:[/U] (Sp) - You can touch a creature to learn about its abilities and
                            weakness. With a successful touch attack, you gain
                            information as if you made the appropriate Knowledge 
                            skill check with a result equal to 15 + your cleric 
                            level + your Wisdom modifier. No Use Limit - Check 
                            Result as if rolling a 19 in appropriate knowledge 
                            skill.

1) Is a touch attack from a spell-like ability so follows the rules on pg. 185 Touch Spells in Combat (i.e. no AoO, is a free action, hold the charge)
2) It is a standard action to use the ability. That does not provoke an AoO, needs no components, can not be used to counterspell, can be negated or dispelled... and now the contention-

Spell-like abilities can or can not be countered? Which doesn't apply here but page 221 says on thing and 554 says another. And don't even get me started about a persons ability to use SLA's while paralyzed, :p

INFO gained from Lore Keeper:

a) These creatures are kobolds and usually found in underground dwellings or very dark forest.
b) They have darkvision.
c) And light sensitivety, meaning in the day the only place you will probably find them is underground. [/sblock]
OOC
[SBLOCK]
That might be something worth posting on the Paizo board that they might edit in if they ever revise the books.
My take on it is this: If there is no outward indicator of what the spell-like ability is, how do you dispel it? With counterspell you have to be able to determine what the spell is as it is being cast and use the same spell to counter it. However, it is subject to dispel magic, so if you were countering with a dispel magic spell I would say yes it would counter it without you having to know what it is.

The last sentence on pg 554 says "Spell-like abilities can be dispelled and counterspelled as normal." which makes me think the author was thinking of dispel magic at the time.

House Rule
If you were encountering the same creature over and over and knew it was going to use the same SLA, then I would allow my players to use a spell as a counter spell because they know what is coming. Otherwise I would stick with page 221 ruling.
[/SBLOCK]

Tahn grins in triumph as the stolen knowledge fills his mind. The creatures are now known to him, and he knows how to kill them. He calls out over the din of bawling animals, "They're not demons! They're kobolds! They hate the light." and with that he turns to deal with the nearest creature. "I think I'll take this one alive..." he mutters to himself as he tosses his javelin onto the stone wall and draws a weighted length of black cloth. He swings the sap hard at the beasts head. A satisfying *thwop* sound comes from the meeting of padded metal and melon.

OOC:
Tahn Sap Attack and Non-Lethal Damage (1d20+2=20, 1d6+2=8)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Tahn's voice barely penetrates Fury's intense focus. When it does Fury looks towards the enigmatic man and blinks as if in a daze. He nods to himself and smiles. "Kobolds? They'll die then." Trying to get a clean strike at the kobold Fury steps southward, still on the wall. At just the right moment he lunges forward and the blade of his rapier easily pierces the kobold's shoulder and through the heart. The beastie falls and Fury wrenches his blade from its body.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Attack with rapier Rapier attack: (1d20+2=21). Possible crit!
Confirmation: Crit Confirmation: (1d20+2=13). Not a critical.
Damage: 3 pts. Damage: (1d6+2=3)

EDIT: I realized I made an error in judgement by not moving for flanking. If you allow it, HM, then I would like to modify my action to take a 5 foot step before my attack. This would give me flanking and sneak attack damage of SA damage: (1d6=5)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I will allow it you could have edited your post and said you moved and then told me you forgot to add the +2 bonus to your attack, so for being honest sure go ahead. Please edit your post, Oh and you would have also gotten a +1 to hit from being "on higher ground" btw

That kills all the kobolds but one, (which is unconsious) the "X" spot is an already dead kobold just trying to give SelcSilverhand an ideal of where it was. So combat is over you have dead kobolds, frightened animals, a prisoner, and sheep dung all over your boots :] LOL (Except for Fury & Tagaiwi' paws).

Experience = 600xp divided by 5 players = 120xp each [/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As the battle finishes the gnomish lass sheathes her blade and climbs out of the pen. Looking down at herself she makes a face, but not before she takes the time and calls forth her gnomish ability... As she weaves her cantrip the dirt, grime, and other forms of mess seem to vanish. She looks to the others and smiles, and will move to each of them and touch them and they too become clean once again. "I hope that helps you all out, a wee bit." And she laughs a gnomish laugh and then back at the captive. "Time for some answers I think!" She casts create water to have enough to splash over the creatures face but now drown him.

Fenris

Adventurer
Mordjn grins as the gnome cleans him up. "Neat trick, I don't mind the sheep smell too much but much obliged" says Mordjn.

As Zelena goes to wake up the kobold, Mordjn pauses her, "Let me help here" he says as he applies a boot to the throat of the kobold so when it wakes it cannot run away.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari nods his thanks to Zelena, and his ready grin answers hers in response to her Gnomish quip.

He breathes deeply, enjoying the smell fo nature at its finest . . .

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn leans against the stone wall of the pen and slips the weighted sack back onto his belt out of sight beneath his cloak. He smiles gratefully at Zelena as her magics remove the worst of the muck coating his feet and legs. "Quite refreshing, I thank you." Unslinging his shield, he puts his javelin through the straps and sets it nearby. Thus relaxed, he listens with quiet amusement in while the others prepare their interrogation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases