[LPF]Kobold's Keep

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The tracking is almost to easy for the group as they head deeper into the forest. Whenever they loose the kobold's trail heading back to this compound, they find the trail of the group that had come from it to attack the farm.

It tales only a little over an hour and the group comes to something rather signifigant. They exit the forest into a hilly area that seems to strecth for miles. The moonlight shows a path going off but after following it for a ways the group determines that the kobolds didn't use this path.

So it is somewhere here in this hilly country, somewhere close is where this outpost must lay.

[sblock=OOC] Going to further update tommorrow. Get you to the entrance and all but I forget what is the baronies that lay southeast of Venza. I forget their name but you are on what could be called the extreme border to those lands. Whether your characters know this or not is up to you. [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Spreading out in small groups it doesn't take to long to find the entrance to the kobold's outpost.

A long ravine made up between two hills has the tell-tale signs of someone traveling about. Besides tracks their is pieces of old leather straps that were disregarded, the remains of a small fire in an alcove, and other signs of activity. The ravine on one end tappers up to join the hills but on the other side it ends in what looks like a flat wall.

Stonework can be seen under cracked plaster and an opening is plainly the only way in. But the strangest things are, it looks like the hills around the arrea have buried the "wall" and whatever is on the otherside of the entrance. A quick search and the party finds no other stonework showing anywhere. And the entrance stands about three feet from the ground and looks like an upside down arched window. After carefully looking around the entrance the group finds out that that is excatly what it is.

They stand before the entrance ready to enter Kobold's Keep.

Attachments

• Entrance.jpg
    Entrance.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 70

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Well, that's rather odd," says Fury. "Like a keep tossed over on its head, perhaps. Well, I don't trust those little buggers. How 'bout I take a little closer look before we go trouping inside? I'll need a bit of light, if you please."

Fury cautiously moves closer. He doesn't know what to expect but he's going to check out the entrance before they step through.

OOC: Oops. Accidentally added a second Disable Device roll while checking out how the new dice roller works. Please, disregard one of them (or both, if they aren't needed). Wish I could stick those rolls in an sblock...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] and why did you even roll a disable you think that perception would have found anything LOL. Remember the DM rolls perceptions to locate traps. To save time you could roll your disables so if you do find anything I can just post through. And soon the die roller should either auto sblock or not be so big, Morrus says he is working on it.

So to update, no locate, with a roll of eight. :p [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
and why did you even roll a disable you think that perception would have found anything LOL. Remember the DM rolls perceptions to locate traps. To save time you could roll your disables so if you do find anything I can just post through. And soon the die roller should either auto sblock or not be so big, Morrus says he is working on it.

So to update, no locate, with a roll of eight. :p
I make my all my rolls at the same time (I didn't even see the perception roll before making the disable device roll) because it's quicker than making a roll then waiting for you to tell me that I need to make another and then making the second roll. What could possibly take three days is condensed down to the time it takes for me to make one post. That's why. I did the same thing with my attacks and damages earlier in the thread.

If you want to roll my passive perception checks that's fine. I figured I'd roll the active check. If you want to roll those, too, I'm ok with that.[/sblock]
Fury shrugs. "Well, I don't see anything." He steps back from the upside-down window.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Just need for you to tell me you are looking for traps and if your not taking 10 or what not, then I will roll it. That way you don't know if you might have missed anything or not. Do go ahead and roll a disable whenever you want to search an area or item. That will save time.

OK then whose is first in? :devil: [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury isn't one for waiting and when no one immediately steps up he shrugs and slips through the inverted window paying careful attention to his footing since the ceiling-cum-floor may very well fall away into some sort of dome or vaulted ceiling. Err...floor.

Fenris

Adventurer
Mordjn stands by the window to help the gnomes into the window since it stands taller than them. Mordjn looks a little skeptically at the window, wondering how he will get his large frame through it. Mordjn waits to make sure everyone gets in before he too climbs through.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari steps lightly into the brace offered by Mordjn and vaults through the window. "Thanks," he whispers on his way through. Tagaiwi leaps through gracefully, landing on the other side without a sound.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases