[LPF]Kobold's Keep - Page 2




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 314
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,350

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Fury is quiet for a short bit after Mordjn's question. "I earned it, after my father's death. That was the past. I was Orlando before then, and Fury after. Maybe I'm ready for a new name, eh?

    Oh, and pleased to meet you all."
    "Well, Fury or Orlando or whatever. You can be called whatever you like if you are handy with a blade. If you have earned it, then wear your name with pride and continue to be worthy of the name." says Mordjn simply.

    Mordjn grins down at Pari. "That I am indeed master gnome"

 

  • #12
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    *ah hrmp*

    The bureaucrat clears his throat as he takes several sheets of parchment and sets them on a small writing table. "And for those who do not know I am Fallson Hev, and this is Farmer Jezz." he says with a nod towards the portly little farmer.

    "You have all shown interest in investigating the troubles plaguing Farmer Jezz's home and lands. And as compensation for this I can, right now, offer you the amount we were going to pay Guardsman Shieldheart. Two hundred marks gold to be split between the five of you, I can offer now without need to speak with my superiors."

    He looks at the group and finishes with his eyes on Zelena. "This way we can hurry to the farm before the demons can attack again."

    Skill Challenge

    First thing in this adventure is to try and get as much gold out of this penny pincher as you can.

    Part 1: It really doesn't matter to me...

    Fallson's starting attitude is indifferent (DC16) and you need to see if you can get it down. Improving his attitude will help with the next part of the challenge, and decreasing his attitude will hinder you.

    Diplomacy checks:
    Please chose one person to be the "Faceman" and two helper's to use aid another. Please roll your skill checks (no modifiers) and use the campaign - (LPF-KK) at IC. Then post up what your character says and I will give bonuses (or penalities) based on your posts. Those who aren't a part of the actual challenge should still post up whatever they wish. And they will be first to try Part 2.


    OOC
    I know this wasn't a part of my orginal concept that was approved but I need to slow things down a little and this should help. And be fun.

    Note: Money names I don't think we should call them gold pieces or copper but something different.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #13
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    "While I do have the call to my duties for the good Famer Jezz, I do suppose I would be remiss, if I did not consider the others who do not have motives such as myself. Mr. Hev, I am sure others like myself see you offer of 40 Crowns as reasonable, I am quite sure others may not. For now, I am sure we can all agree that it is a more than fair as a form of goodwill. While we are out risking ourselves, you might wish to talk with your superiors of fair compensation. Perhaps not all in coin. With such a representation of all the The Land Owners and Cultivator's Guild, they might have other goods that might satisfy others for their work." Zelena says all diplomatic like.

    ((ooc: Zelena has a diplomacy of +6))


    OOC Coins
    I once made names up for coins in a campaign of my own that you may use if you like.
    Copper Boars (Called Boars by the common folks)
    Silver Rams (called Rams)
    Golden Crowns (Crowns)
    Dragons (which were the equivalent to platinum I usually had a gold piece with a semi-precious gem within it)

  • #14
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Nodding along with Zelena's words, Tahn speaks up as well. "Jobs such as these are rarely simple. If these are indeed otherworldly creatures, we may have to supply additional materials simply to banish them permanently." He holds up a hand and ticks off items "Alchemical silver, Holy Water, Cold Iron, Consecrations, Bindings. We might be able to rely on the generosity of local churches, but this is a job best not left up to chance. The last thing you need are stories of demons reaching more farmers. They would be focused more on watching their stocks than bringing in the wheat or" He looks pointedly at the clerk. " paying their dues to the local guild if they don't feel they are receiving adequate protection. It would be better to pay for a fully funded team than cut corners and risk failure."

    OOC:
    Spoiler:

    Tahn has a +9 and will use Aid Another on whoever our faceman is. I'd say Zelena since she spoke up first.
    Tahn Staful Diplomacy Check (1d20+9=21)

  • #15
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    bump

    I will be moving on coming tomorrow afternoon (EST) If no one else wishes to aid I will make the diplomacy check for Zelena aided by Tahn. Who btw would have made the check and by more than 5 increasing Fallson's attitude by two levels.

    If someone else wishes to be the faceman post up and give me a roll and I will roll Zelena's aid another check. Either way we move on tomorrow
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #16
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    (( With a +9, Than is more of the face than Zelena. But, since I started this, I will roll for the check. I was hoping that there might have been others who wanted to say something...))

    Diplomacy 1d20+6=18

  • #17
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Fury has a keen eye for the proceedings but he is more than happy to allow Tahn and Zelena do the bargaining. He is well aware of his failings in the diplomatic arena and since he has taken a vague dislike to Master Hev, well, it's just best he doesn't involve himself in their bargaining.

    Instead, he leans against the wall and absent-mindedly taps a little rhythm out on his rapier hilt with the nail of his index finger. When he becomes aware of what he is doing he stops but when his attention flags his hand slips back towards his weaponry and he again taps out whatever rhythm occupies his subconscious. He was never good at the waiting.

    Finally, he sighs loudly, draws away from the wall to stand up straight and addresses Fallson Hev. "The day is fading quickly, sir. Even now these demons could be making their way towards Farmer Jezz' or some other's holdings. It will take time to reach the mainland and still more to travel to the good farmer's lands. I suggest you do what is necessary to expedite this process. The damage these demons could do, to property and the Guild's reputation..." He shakes his head. "Our services would be much less costly than the alternative, to be sure."


  • #18
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,350

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Mordjn leans against the wall with Fury. He had little skill with words. he could scare people sometimes, but Mordjn felt that that would be a bad idea for future employment. He looks down at Fury tapping and playing with his blade. Mordjn grunts in agreement, he too was eager to move, to fight. Standing here was tiresome. He stretches his muscular arms, raising them up and bending his fingers against the ceiling.

    At Fury's words though Mordjn smiles. "Yeah imagine what would happen if many farmer lost their crops. Without those crops to sell here in town, well that would shake the faith in the Guild and threaten the stability of the whole town now wouldn't it." offers the large barbarian.

  • #19
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,288

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Pari stands quietly, listening to everything but saying nothing as he sizes up the abilities of his new acquaintances. Some smooth talkers here, some folks that seem to know which end of a blade to point at the bad guys. I just hope we can tie this up quickly and get to the farmer's place.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #20
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OOC
    Well let's see no need for part 2 as you have successfully gotten Fallson from indifferent to helpful. Check = 18 +2 +2 = 22, 6 points above DC. Great work.


    "Yes, yes you are all correct," Fallson says starting to write. "I think I can get you double the offer that was to be made to Guardsman Shieldheart, will that be enough."

    Still writing fervertly he adds, "I will see you are loaned out some horses to get you to the farm even quicker," he says taking a second sheet and dippping his pen again. After finishing he sprinkles some fine sand on the ink and picks up the paper to blow on it.

    "Here," he says to handing the parchment to Tahn. And then heads to a strong box pulling a key from the folds of his robe. Unlocking the retangular box Fallson pulls out a small sack (about the size of a man's head), causing what's in it to click as he moves to the desk.

    "I can give you half of your payment now, and the rest when you return. Successful or not, but I hope for the former. Please come up here and sign this agreement and I will give you your forty marks gold."

    {{Assuming everyone signs and moving on. }}

    The paper you signed is a straight forward saying that you agree to look into the troubles plaguing the farmer's home. And the guild agrees to pay you the sum of 80 gold marks each, half already given out.

    "You can stop at 'Remmy's Shop for Wanderers' it is across the road from the stables listed on that parchment." Fallson says smiling and pointing to the parchment in Tahn's hand. "I hope he has some of the things you need. Any questions?"

    {{Can be answered in OOC moving on. }}

    The group not sure if it got a great deal, but quite sure there is little time to haggle with the man leave for the stables with 40 gold marks in each of their pockets. Retrieveing the horses proves no trouble, and the shop was close, so picking up a few things the group believed they needed took very little time. Before anyone is truly aware they are mounted, about a mile from the city, and due to reach the farm about an hour before sunset.

    OOC
    Sorry for the rush but I get the feeling some of you wish to jump right into this. And the skill challenge wasn't suppose to be part of the adventure. Just needed a reason to pay you so much.

    Please post up a little RP while on the trip, any questions you would have had for Fallson, and anything you want to get from the shop. Everything in the core book avaiable. And then maybe we will start Kobold bashing.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions
      By Green Knight in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2008, 06:05 PM
    2. Kobold
      By Seeten in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th March, 2007, 12:45 PM
    3. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Friday, 8th September, 2006, 02:49 AM
    4. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 28th August, 2006, 02:19 PM
    5. Kobold HP
      By DM with a vengence in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 09:00 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •