[LPF]Kobold's Keep

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury rubs at his eyes until the spots fade away and he can see normally again. He pokes at the mangled mass that is his leg and grimaces as he tears away the torn bits of his breeches. He binds up his wound. "Well, that wasn't as easily handled as I would have hoped." His eyes glitter even in the dim light and he begins looking around for and collecting bits of treasure.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena accepts the help up with a nod of thanks and moves in to try and provide some help for others of the party .

(Double move, to help flank if possible. Will take an AoO if needed)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Combat is Over] Nice job everyone. Question should I pm Fenris and see if he wishes to continue. And what should we do XP wise about those who have RL issues pop up and slow down or force them to drop?

I will assume that you search the room pretty throughly ;) But as per my proposal I really just wish for the group to find enough random stuff to give them equal gold/XP for this adventure (and then they can go shopping). So I will update tonight and give you a sackful of goodies. Hmmm... did anyone bring a sack? [/sblock]

[sblock=Edit]
Nov 8th 2010:

XP: fire bettles = 405xp divided by 4 players = 101xp each
XP: Flash bettle = 1/2CR is 50xp to each player
Total = 151XP each [/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena helps the others look about for what might be lying about before continuing on to the kobolds. "Good work everyone."

(( Zelena has a backpack! :)))

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury continues to poke about in the debris of the room tossing any interesting bits into his nearly empty backpack.

[sblock=OOC]Second Mowgli's comment. And Fury also has a backpack.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group finds a bunch of odds and ends in this once master bedroom. Silver candlesticks, a bronze coffer carved to look like a dragon, and several gem studded items that are broken but the gems themselves still vaulable.

The last thing found in this room is very old and fragile, it is a carved woodened box. Only about an inch deep with it's sides having been broken and the top split in two. But the papers it kept inside are still there although age has made it so they can;t be touched without them crumblong to dust. So the group removes the lid and reads the top paper as best they can.

It is a letter (or possibly a draft), that reads as follows.

Dear Baron Dermion,

Well it is finished my old friend, and it is a sight I wish you could see. The price for getting a group of wizards to reinforce the walls, floor and ceiling of my keep was phenominal, but worth every copper as now it will be all but impossible to tear down her walls.

Of course I have only done the main keep itself so far but givin time I shall have the outerwalls and other buildings also done over by the magic. What is strange is the way the walls look now. They seem to sparkle as if you were looking up at the sky on a cloudless night. I am in the process of plastering over the outside walls and may soon do the inside as well for footing is purcarious on the smooth magic wrought floors. The staff has started calling the manor "Starlight Keep" a name that will do for now.

These walls will hold no matter who comes to lay siege...

The missive ends there.

[sblock=OOC] If you wish to add an "item" to those found feel free to do so. Where to next? [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Interesting tale about our Dear Baron's friend. Think some daft historian would be interested in this?" He looks at the fragile papers skeptically. "Think we could get this back to Venza without it turning to dust?"

After Fury pries the last gemstone from a broken gewgaw and helps Zelena stuff it into her backpack he kicks over the biggest beetle. "That things a monster, ain't it?" He shakes his head in wonderment before giving the rest of the room one last looking over. Finally, satisfied that they've picked the room clean he hops up into the doorway leaving Mordjn or Tahn to help the shorter members of the group climb out.

Immediately upon exiting the room Fury turns to his left and approaches the doorway opposite the circular stairway. Again moving cautiously he slips up into the unexplored doorway to see what lies beyond.

[sblock=OOC]Fury will take 10 on Climb: 10+6=16. Stealth and Perception rolls attached.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fury's nose tells him what he will find on the otherside of the doorway, way before his eyes and the glowing gland in his hand.

The stench is faded but still there, and as he hops up to look inside he just nods to himself, "Yep the privy," he mutters covering his nose.

[sblock=OOC] Do you wish to search? It looks totally empty at first glance. [/sblock]

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving the map up.

lxlAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l0l
lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lel l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lfl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lMl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lgl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l lFl l l l l l l l l l l l l
lhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltltlPlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lil l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ljl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lDl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lml l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lnl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lol l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lpl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lql l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lrl l l l l l l l l l l l l lRl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lsl l l l l l l l l l l l l lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ltl l l l l l l l l l l l l lVl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lul l l l l l l l l l l l l lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l lNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key

l l = elevation zero
l l = elevation 3'-4'
l l = elevation 40'50'
l l = walls
l l = unexplored or unseeable from current location
l l l
l l l = circular stairwell (10' x 10')

Characters:

lTl = Tahn
lZl = Zelena
lFl = Fury
lMl = Mordjn
lPl = Pari
ltltl = Tagaiwi

[sblock=special rules] The floor and walls are a little slippery due to their smoothness. Which in game terms means if you want to charge or run you need to make an Acrobatics check DC 20 or fall prone. And most climb DC will be elevated because of this. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads