[LPF]Kobold's Keep

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After Fury helps Pari up into the doorway, Zelena who had moved to the corner of the doorjam to leave room for the others, gasps out quietly, "Kobolds!"

Fury and Pari hear her but the rattling is starting and Fury quickly hoists himself up into the doorjam to keep from getting hit by flying debir.

As the kitchen once again erupts into a flurry of dishes and broken tables, the three companions look around the corner to see...

[sblock=Main Room] The doorway opens into a short hallway. To the west is the staircase that leads down to the lower level. To the east an open wide archway reveals what was probably the keeps main room. Light from a few small fires light up the large chamber and shows the group alot of kobolds. Most look young as they are even smaller than the ones fought at the farmstead, while a few others have a more feminie cast to thier apperance and demenaor. They all seem to be argiung about something, but it his hard to hear with the racket made by the kitchen. [/sblock]

_

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving the map up. And editing

lxlAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l0l
lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lel l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lfl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lXl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lgl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lil l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l
ljl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lkl lklol l l l l l l l l l l l
lll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lklol lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lml l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lkl lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lnl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lol l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lpl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lql l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lrl l l l l l l l l l l l l lRl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lsl l l l l l l l l l l l l lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
ltl l l l l l l l l l l l l lVl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lul l l l l l l l l l l l l lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l lNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key

l l = chimney
l l = elevation zero
l l = elevation 3'-4'
l l = elevation 40'50'
l l = walls
l l = unexplored or unseeable from current location
l l l
l l l = circular stairwell (10' x 10')
lol = campfire

Characters:

lTl = Tahn
lZl = Zelena
lFl = Fury
lMl = Mordjn
lPl = Pari
lkl = kobold

[sblock=Combat]

Note: The kobolds listed ar ethe "comabtants" i.e. the warrior looking ones. There are others all about but the ones shown are the ones to worry about. The group is unseen/unheard at the moment.
Code:
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][U]Character            HP   AC    In Hand/Condition[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Tahn                    5   16    punchingD&shield/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Fury                     8   16    rapier/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Zelena                10   20    l.sword&shield/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Pari                     8   14    scythe/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Mordjn                15   15    axe/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]kobold                  4   15    spear or sling/none[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/sblock]

[sblock=special rules] The floor and walls are a little slippery due to their smoothness. Which in game terms means if you want to charge or run you need to make an Acrobatics check DC 20 or fall prone. And most climb DC will be elevated because of this. [/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn stares at the strange room with its mobile crockery for several seconds once he reaches the top of the chimney. As the others spread out into the room, he remembers himself and hauls himself the rest of the way out, hangs momentarily from the lip, and drops into the room.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
As the hall's furniture, crockery, and finally, ghostly people begin moving around again Fury feels a cold chill down his back. He shivers and deliberately turns away. He stares solemnly at the young and female kobolds then finally draws his rapier as silently as possible. He shakes his head convinced it's going to be a slaughter. "It's a little different when you're killing things that fight back. But if we don't do it we'll be back next season with the same problem." He sounds as if he is trying to convince himself that it's what needs to be done.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From his perch, Pari looks sympathetically at the intense duelist and speaks quietly.

"Indeed, Fury. I'm happy enough to let the little buggers be as long as they don't harm others, but - much like rats - they do quickly multiply and become a swarm that could decimate an entire area. They must be stopped."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury glances back to see that Tahn and the others are on their way. "Right then. No point putting off the inevitable." He drops down into the room and moving quietly edges up to the corner so that he can see the entire room.

[sblock=OOC]Fury moves to square iR with the idea to get a look at the whole room.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnomish woman looks to the others almost aghast at them talking of murdering children and innocents so causally. She whispers, "I will not take part in the killing of innocents. Kobolds or no. Perhaps they can be reasoned with, they have after all only taken implements and food not killed anyone? My conscience will not let me do otherwise..." she eyes the others in a forceful but diplomatic manner. "I will talk to them, since I appear to have the only objections..."

((Yes... I will be a bard... at levle 2 :) ))

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I will need to know what you do, what spot your in excatly and what you say go ahead and roll a dipolmacy check along with all that.

To everyone else you may get a chance to stop Zelena since she announced her intentions. Let me have a grapple check if that is what you want to do.

((Yes... I will be a bard... at levle 2 :) ))
Then I would start signing, ;) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shrugs. He's not going to prevent Zelena from attempting to talk if she want to try. But, like Pari, he's going to be ready in case things get ugly. Well, go on then. We've got your back in case... you know." He grins and lets the gnomish woman pass him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases