[LPF]Kobold's Keep - Page 4




+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 314
  1. #31
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    The group continues at a good pace, much to Farmer Jeez's discomfort, and reach the farmstead about a half an hour before dark. But that doesn't give the group as much time as they would like, as by the time they shelter the horses behind the house and get a look at the hacked up barn door twilight has set in and full dark is only minutes away.

    All the farm animals are penned up in a small over crowed pen. It's low (3')stone wall keeps them boxed in, and they seem to dislike the arrangement from all the noise they are making. The barn is empty as Farmer Jeez has takin the remaining equipment into his home for safe-keeping.

    The farmhouse is a typical two story building. Made totally of wood and having a thatched roof. The home houses the famer, his wife, and four children. When it gets dark the farmer's wife takes all the children up stairs and bolts themselves in the master bedroom.

    "Well," Farmer Jeez sighs "this is my home. Do you believe you can defend it from those demons?"
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #32
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,023

    Ignore GlassEye
    Fury pokes around outside the house and barn looking for any sign of supernatural marauders (not that he would know what to look for) and also for hiding places he might use. He doesn't really find much but he nods his head and rubs his chin. "Hmmm. Likely so, Jezz, but I don't see any demon-sign. How about you, Mordjn?" He lifts his eyes to the rest of the gathered investigators. "Anyone?"


  • #33
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,156

    Ignore Fenris
    "I'll take a look around Fury, see what the ground can still tell us. Unless of course these demon things fly. Did they fly Farmer Jeex? In any case I am sure we can help, but I'd put those animal in the lower floor of the house tonight if I were you." suggests Mordjn as his shaggy heads goes back and forth over the ground looking for tell-tale signs.

    OOC

    Survival roll to find tracks
    1d20+4=17

  • #34
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,939

    Ignore Mowgli
    Pari joins Fury and Mordjn in their scout, confining his search to the perimeter of the farm, at the edge of the cleared area. Tagaiwi shadows his friend closely, but keeps himself in the undergrowth and trees.



    Spells Prepared
    Code:
    Level 0                Level 1
    Detect Magic           Longstrider
    Guidance               Produce Flame
    Resistance
    Last edited by Mowgli; Friday, 20th August, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #35
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    As the others looks about the farmstead as darkness settles Zelena attempts to reassure Farmer Jeez, "We will do all we can. I will defend you and your family to my last breath. But, as they have not attacked you and yours just yet, I do not think it will come to that. We do all we can to protect the animals and what remains outside. You should go in this eve and get some sleep. I am sure you can use the rest after these last few days."

    After the farmer goes into his home Zelena will join the others, the fading light not concerning her. She peers about for any sign of anything of interest.
    OOC
    Low Light Vision, Perception 1d20+5=10

    Spells:
    O-level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize.
    1st level: Bless, Command, Longstrider (D)
    Last edited by Songdragon; Friday, 20th August, 2010 at 07:53 PM.

  • #36
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    OOC
    May I get spells for the day edited into the above posts please. Will update your findings tonight after work.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #37
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Tahn Staful meanders seemingly without purpose across the farm from one side to the other. His eyes are not on the ground, but rather on the buildings, fences, and the trees. His eyes alight on the barn roof and he rubs his chin thoughtfully. Slipping a length of silk rope from his pack he expertly unwinds it and knots it in a few places. To one end he ties a four barbed hook and starts to twirl it. Faster and faster it spins until he lets it fly, arching it up and over to the peak of the roof. It takes him a few tries but he finally manages to catch it and get it to support his weight. He takes his time climbing up the rope to the top of the roof. Upon reaching the peak he turns and pulls up the trailing rope behind him.

    From his new vantage point he once more searches the area around him until he is satisfied. He hunches low, lying flat on the roof near the peak, but with the majority of his body stretched out on the side away from the forest. He lays his two javelins nearby and keeps the rope ready on the other side of him. He pulls his tricorn hat down low and turns up his wide collar until only his cold blue eyes are visible.


    OOC
    Spoiler:

    Tahn will take 20 on his stealth check to hide himself, for an 18 total. He has low light vision.

    Spells:
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cure Light Wounds
    Comprehend Languages

    Bleed
    Create Water
    Stabilize
    Read Magic

  • #38
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    The front of Farmer Jeez's little shed and the chicken coups all have numerous three toed and clawed foot prints. You would almost believe them to be from a big bird but for the few prints that show a heel with them. They all head into the woods to the west of the farmhouse and barn.

    Following them with little trouble to the edge of the western woods (which is closer than the forest east and north of the buildings) it seems that these creatures started as a large group in the woods and then split into smaller groups. One set of prints leads from where the tools were kept the other from the coups.

    The tracks only continue a little ways into the forest before turning north. The beast probably ran to the closet part of the forest, after their raid on the farm. The sun goes further down and following the trail in the dark forest becomes a lot harder.

    everyone but Tahn
    light source low light let's you see in moonlight but the forest takes that out of the equation. Although you have gotten all you can from the tracks, the beasts came from the north or circled all around to the east staying in the forest.


    Tahn
    Alright very creative now let's see what you do while up there. oh btw look slike you have an extra zero lvl spell.

    Tahn from his perch watches the others following the demons trial. So use to the whinning of the penned up animals after listening to them for half an hour he catches when there bleating and naying starts to sound more paniced than complaining.

    Looking over the edge of the barn into the pen he sees all the animals pushing towards the wall and corner closest to the barn. There isn't much room for them to move but they are trying hard, and Tahn sees why. Two small humaniod creatures with tails and dragon-like heads stand inside the pen while a few others clamour over the walls. They wield small spears and look to be wearing badly made leathers. It seems the Farmer's demons have arrived.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #39
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,023

    Ignore GlassEye
    Fury stops and peers into the woods. "I think that's about as far as we should go tonight. Maybe we should go back, find places to hide and wait for our giant chicken-demons to show so we can follow them back to their lair and take out the whole filthy pack of 'em. What do you think?"

  • #40
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,156

    Ignore Fenris
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Fury stops and peers into the woods. "I think that's about as far as we should go tonight. Maybe we should go back, find places to hide and wait for our giant chicken-demons to show so we can follow them back to their lair and take out the whole filthy pack of 'em. What do you think?"

    "I wonder if they fry up good?" wonders Mordjn with a sly grin. "I am sure Tami will eat then raw" he laughs. "But yes, there is little more we can do in this light, let us go and set our ambush for these creatures."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions
      By Green Knight in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2008, 06:05 PM
    2. Kobold
      By Seeten in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th March, 2007, 12:45 PM
    3. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Friday, 8th September, 2006, 02:49 AM
    4. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 28th August, 2006, 02:19 PM
    5. Kobold HP
      By DM with a vengence in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 09:00 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •