[LPF]Kobold's Keep - Page 5




+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 314
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,290

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Eyes narrowing, Tahn peers through the dim light at the creatures. Hard to tell what they are. Time to see if they bleed though. Rising from his spot flat on the roof he hefts one of his javelins. His form is nearly perfect as he pulls his arm back and hurls the weapon downward like a bolt of lightning from an angry god. His missile flies towards the next creature scrambling over the wall.

    OOC
    Spoiler:

    Ahh, okay, forget read magic then. I'll adjust my wikia sheet. I forgot you only get 3 at first level.

    Initiative (1d20=20)

    Javelin Attack and Damage (1d20=18, 1d6+2=6)

    Javelins have a range of 30', so it will get negatives past that. Hopefully height advantage will help compensate!

 

  • #42
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    Mordjn&Fury
    Now nearly an hour past dark your small group heads out of the woods and back towards the house and Tahn. A half moon is out this cloudless night but still you are thankful for the lights set up in windows of Farmer Jeez's home to help guide you back.


    Pari&Zelena
    Nearly an hour past dusk and a half moon lights up the farm land as you and the others exit the forest, and head back towards the barn and farmhouse.

    Looking at the barn you notices Tahn straddleing on the roof of it, something held in his hand. You watch as he makes a throwing motion down towards the animal pen!? Did he just throw a javelin at one of the sheep? or at... uh-oh!


    Tahn
    Indeed these creatures bleed and the javelin proves it by striking one as it attempts to jump down in the animal pen. The force of the blow takes the creatures back over the wall to land out of sight on the otherside. The remaining creatures panic and start to find places to hide (mostly under or inbetween the animals of the pen). One of them that was climbing the wall stops and ducks back down behind it, not entering the pen.

    OOC: There are four in the pen and all have cover, and are about 40' away relatively.(-6) the fifth has total concealment as it hides on the other side of the wall. You are up first round one.


    The animals in the pen suddenly start to cry out in a panic, and the noise brings Farmer Jeez to his doorway. "What's going on out there? Are the demons back?" he asks in a scared voice lantern in hand.

    OOC
    No init for now everyone can go in the order they post till first round of combat with everyone in.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #43
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,236

    Ignore Mowgli
    "Hsssst. Heel, Tagaiwi." Pari sinks low and begins creeping toward the sheep pen, giving a hand signal along with his whispered command to Tagaiwi.

    The tiger crouches and slinks along to the side - somewhat more silently than Pari, as his bloody great scythe keeps getting tangled in his cloak.

    Actions
    Pari and Tagaiwi attempt to sneak up on the pen. Pari's not so quiet, but Tagaiwi's a bit better at hunting . . .

    Handle Animal, Stealth (Pari), Stealth (Tagaiwi) (1d20+7=17, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+7=16)

    HM, I'm not sure how far away we are from the pen.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #44
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    The gnomish woman follows after the druid and the big kitty, sword at the ready, towards the pen.

    Action

    Stealth 1d20=3 Yes, be afraid of the clanking tin can walking towards you!

    For when we start... Initiative 1d20+2=11

  • #45
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,295

    Ignore Fenris
    Too often growing up had Mordjn heard the sound of animals in distress like that. As the gnomes creep stealthily forward, Mordjn casts subtely to the wind. Drawing his axe he races towards the sheep pen. His long legs carry him quickly over the farm. His battle cry is poised in his thoat awaiting the first sign of his opponents. A thought flashed through his mind, wondering if the red mist of battle would overtake him in this fight. He did not always enjoy it, for he forgot what he did, though he knew he would be a terror.

    Actions

    Moving like a freight train
    Depending on how far it is, either double move -80' or he'll flat out run. But he'll get near that sheep pen as fast as he can and he moves 40'


  • #46
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,501

    Ignore GlassEye
    "Something's not..." begins Fury. He trails off when Pari and Tagaiwi begin slinking away and Mordjn abruptly runs towards the house and pen like a charging bull. "Leech-begotten son of..." curses Fury. After a moment of hesitation he runs after the northerner though he isn't quite able to match the man's speed. "A little forewarning might be nice," he grumbles.

  • #47
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    Tahn holds his other javelin ready but the demons have takin cover behind the animals. He hears the others approaching (especially the jingling of Zelena) and holds off another attack.

    Pari riding Tagaiwi and Mordjn both reach the low wall of the pen a little ahead of Zelena and Fury. But all they see is a "sea" of animals crying in panic, until. A little clawed foot appears and a tail. The demons are hiding insode the pen.

    lXlalblcldlelflglhliljlklllmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwlx ylzl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l0l
    lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lel l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lfl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lgl l l l l l l l l l l l l l lclclcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l lclclcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lil l l l l l l l l l l l l lblblblblblblblbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ljl l l l l l l l l l l l l lblblblTlblblblbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lkl l l l lslsl l l l l l l lblblblblblblblbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lll l l l lslsl l l l l l l lblblblblblblblblwlwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lml l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l lwlalalalklalwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lnl l l l l l l l l l l lFl l l lMlwlalalklalalwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lol l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lPlwlalalalalklwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lpl l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l ltlwlalalklalalwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lql l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l l lwlwlwlwlwlwlwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lrl l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lsl l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ltl l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lul l lhlhlhlhlhlhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

    KEY:

    l l = 5' square open
    lsl = shed
    lhl = farmhouse
    lbl = barn
    lwl = stone wall 3' high
    lcl = chicken coop

    Characters:

    lTl = Tahn
    lZl = Zelena
    lFl = Fury
    lMl = Mordjn
    lPl = Pari
    ltl = Tagaiwi
    lal = farm animal
    lkl = kobold


    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 25th August, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #48
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    It's forest like

    Sorry about the bad map I tried map tools but that is beyond me, and I still don't know how to put an image into a post like what IG does. But hopefully you all will figure this out.

    Ok notes on the map. Pretty much open all around but inside the wall where the animals and kobolds are. I am using the wilderness rules for that area (Core pages 424-426). And to get into that area you need to get over the wall first.

    Climb Check-
    DC0 - for characters 3'-6" or taller
    DC5 - for characters 3'-5" or smaller

    Acrobatics Check-
    Long Jump DC 10 (to clear the wall and land on the other side) +4 to your check if you are over 5' tall and use the wall to help you "vault over"
    High Jump DC 12 you will land on your feet on top the wall

    Inside the pen the squares with animals are considered "light undergrowth" meaning costs 2 squares to move into a square and provides concealment (20%). No running or charging (not sure about 5' steps yet checking). And also the kobolds will be ducking and hiding behind the animals as they fight giving them the "tree" bonus on page 425, i.e. +2 AC and +1 to Reflex saves.

    I'm looking forward to some great "wading through" the forest of cows, sheeps, and goats posts.


    Combat

    I have rolled init here and have posted the PC's in init order below. It's the top of the first full round of combat and Pari is up.

    Code:
    Character           HP   AC   In Hand/Condition
    Pari                 10   14    scythe/none
    Tahn                  9   16    javelin&shield/none
    Fury                 10   16    ??/none
    Tagaiwi              17   14    na/none
    Mordjn               15   15    axe/none
    Zelena               10   20    l.sword&shield/none


    Notes

    At the wiki I noticed Tahn doesn't have his HP option listed.
    Added a little fluff to the map post. 5:00pm (EST)
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 25th August, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #49
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,236

    Ignore Mowgli
    Quick Questions
    1. I had Pari dismounted and he and Tagaiwi sneaking. I'm perfectly fine with the way you've got it in order to get them into the fight, though. Just let me know which way you want to go.
    2. I changed Tagaiwi's feat choice from 'Improved Initiative' to 'Toughness' based on the SG Discussion about whether Animal Companions act on their owner's initiative. I'd thought we determined that they do act with their owners, since their owners have to give them instruction.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #50
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    Answers

    1) I have you side by side figuring you rode to the barn dismounted and crouched to the stone wall.
    2) I gave Tagaiwi an initative incase you set a ready action or something of that nature. As soon as you give a command that would need to be carried out right away he would then change, (basically thinking animal companions have set ready actions: wait for command from trainer).
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions
      By Green Knight in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2008, 06:05 PM
    2. Kobold
      By Seeten in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th March, 2007, 12:45 PM
    3. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Friday, 8th September, 2006, 02:49 AM
    4. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 28th August, 2006, 02:19 PM
    5. Kobold HP
      By DM with a vengence in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 09:00 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •