[LPF]Kobold's Keep

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury obsessively wipes the blood from his blade before resheathing it. Then he squats down next to the kobold corpse that lies outside the pen and examines it. He's heard of the little beasties but has never encountered one before. He pokes it, rolls it over and checks to see if it has any possessions beyond the weapon that it was using. He removes the javelin from its body and hands it back to Tahn. "Nice shot. You say these things are kobolds? What do you know about them? Should we expect a bunch more of them?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn thanks Fury for the returned weapon, the first throw having completely slipped his mind in all the excitement. "Aye, they're like lizards, cold blooded reptiles that live below ground. They like to say they're descended from dragons, but I've never seen the resemblance. Speak the same language as dragons too. They're cowardly, but get enough around you and they'll swarm you down. I can't say for sure, but I'd bet these scraps are gathering for a larger colony."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*ack! ack!*

The kobold coughes out the water he recieved from his rude awakening. He brings his clawed fingers up to Mordjn's boot and makes a feeble attempt to remove it from his chest. Still struggling it shouts in draconic -

{{Ethoss ve! Ethoss ve!}}

[sblock=Draconic]
Ethoss ve! = Release me! [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Fury finds nothing of interest on the body outside the wall. Question is do any of you remove the bodies from the pen? [/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
{{Answer our questions.}}

OOC: Well hell here I was trying to get the damn thing to speak common, and you can speak draconic!

Mordjn turns to Pari in surprise as the hissing noises come from his mouth too. "You understand this, this, thing?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari grins insouciantly up at the big man. "I'm a man of hidden talents! Ask what you will . . . I'll translate." He turns his smile on the kobold as the creature speaks. "But you might need to step just a little harder to get an honest answer."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury watches the interrogation for a bit. Since he doesn't know draconic, if that's what the thing is speaking, he doesn't really understand what's going on except the thing clearly doesn't like Mordjn's boot on his neck. Then again, who would?

Sure that if they find out anything useful they'll tell him Fury scans the farmyard; as much as he can see in the moonlit night anyway. The sheep in the pen still seem a little restless and Fury stares into the darker shadow. He figures the animals are not likely to settle down with dead creatures in their pen and so he hops the wall and shoves his way through the distressed animals to collect the corpses and dump them outside the pen with the one Tahn killed. As he does so he'll check them to see if they have collected any interesting tidbits.

The work for some reason reminds him of a sad song he heard from a halfling, 'The Fair Fields of Anhuac', or something like that though he has the vague sense he's misremembering the title, and he hums the melody as he works. The kobold's distress seems an oddly fitting background to the melancholy tune.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases