Whatcha gonna run? Whatcha wanna play?

HandofMystra

First Post
I'm glad to see old friends possibly returning that have long been absent...AWESOME!

Games I'm thinking about running:
"Hammerfall" (Savage Worlds Star Trek) After returning from a three year deep space mission, the crew of the U.S.S. Challenger (NCC-1004) come across the remains of the wreaked starship S.S. Hammer that lead to a discovery no one would have ever expected. This would be old-school original Trek; high action, the Prime Directive is more of a guideline than law and the Captain goes on the Landing Parties (Away Missions...Captain stays behind...kids on the ship…BE GONE!). Knowledge of the Original Series would be helpful, but not necessary.

“Vengeance of Mars” (Savage Worlds Mars) Tasked with finding a ancient artifact on the barren world, Gary Hawkins and his fellow outcasts and former slaves must fight to survive on a world that seems out to get them. What will the ruins of Gragaxis reveal? Intrigue and high adventure are a part of this Barsoom-esque adventure.
Also Evil League of Evil!

I would do either. I jst found out about this gameday. I can fire up my old housing connection for Winter Fanstasy/DDXP.

HandofMystra

First Post
Self-indulgent plug here: check out the Critical Hits review of it: Review: “Fiasco” : Critical Hits

Sounds like I'll definitely put Fiasco on the schedule. As for what I want to play, I would love to play in any GUMSHOE game (Trail of Cthulhu would be preferred) since I've owned some of the books since last year and haven't quite figured out how it runs yet.
Here's the Gnome Stew review. It sounds fun. I am also up for Savage Worlds since no one seems to play in it Philly.

madwabbit

First Post
I've also had Trail of Cthulhu since last year and have been interested in taking it out for a spin. Hmm... gonna have to check that Pelgrane website now.
QuinnHarlech has run ToC games at DCGD before -- perhaps the Great Old Ones could be invoked to persuade him... who dares?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Now that there's no Cthulhu's Librarian old-school dungeon crawl (gonna miss ya, Rich!), I might just have to run a game Saturday morning.

It'll be Savage Worlds, without a doubt, but Realms of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Weird War 2... I'm torn! :)

Deadlands would be awesome!

evilhat

Explorer
I admit I am mulling about running something too, tho I'm not yet sure what. DRYH maybe, but maybe other things too/instead.

RocketBoy

First Post
I would love to play Sky Galleons of Mars, Lady Blackbird, or even Darksun 4e. I am planning to run a Hex game sequel to my Sword of Atlantis series, and either Desolation or All for one (Ubiquity 3-Musketeers),

Remove ads