Favorite Post Apocalyptic d20 game or setting

LurkMonkey

First Post
Most 'realistic': Aftermath. Man you could get very depressed playing that game. Not D20, but worth a mention.

Most gonzo/fantastic: Gamma World. Because nothing is better than battling Hoops mounted on giant mutant seagulls.

Best 'toolkit': D20 Apocalypse, They squeezed a lot of great ideas into a very small package with that lil' book. A true gem. I still want to run a game with a rogue planet disrupting Earth or a post-Rapture Angels vs. demons scenario.

Best overall d20 treatment: Darwin's World. I just loved those books, and even if you didn't want to use their 'world' you could get a lot of mileage out of the various stuff they put in.

P1NBACK

Banned
Banned
If you aren't playing Apocalypse World right now to satisfy your cravings for roleplaying apocalypse goodness... you should be.

It's not d20. It's just better.

Download the character playbooks, and if you aren't intrigued, I'll take you out for a beer (or coke of you prefer) if you're ever in town (Louisville, KY).

Reynard

Legend
DW 2.0 is one of the better things to have come out of the d20 "boom". It still holds up well. :)

I pulled out my copy and started reading. There's a lot of great stuff in there, even if I think the authors get a little long winded sometimes. I am toying with the idea of applying the Pathfinder elements/fixes to it/d20 Modern.

Has anyone looked at Modern20 and it's associated PA book?

P1NBACK

Banned
Banned
You now officially owe me a beer. :lol: Let it be noted.

Next time I head for the US of A, that is. . . :hmm:

Yeah, man! Just send me a note when you get here. I'll run the game for you too if you'd try it. ;)

Meh, when the first sentence I read has a curse word, then f-bombs are found through out elsewhere, I have been preemptively fired as a customer before even me buying in.

Apologies! I should have warned you that this game is definitely "Rated R". There is sex, drugs, violence, and cursing. Definitely cursing. This the RPG that'd be on HBO, not ABC. It is the apocalypse - life is all scarcity and brutality, it makes for some harsh characters.

I forgot to mention, Chatty DM has posted his thoughts on Apocalypse World recently if you're interested in taking a look from a d20 gamer's point of view.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases