Master of Many Forms Conversion

Xendria

First Post
Before anyone reviews this please know that I completely understand that fighters and barbarians are more capable damage dealers. I did this in an effort to make this class playable for one of my friends who, like me, likes the idea of the prestige class. Any advice is completely welcome.

2 ideas I had that I did not implement were to give the MoMF ways to bypass DR. Similar to Eldritch Claws but a built in ability increasing from magic, to silver, to cold iron or adamantine. The second was to give the option at 9th level for the MoMF to gain a permenant ability in base form, similar to Aspect of the Beast. Thanks! (I know there iteriative attacks at 8th, I left them out to try and help with formatting.)

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +1 +1 +0 Form of the Mortals, One with Nature
2nd +1 +1 +1 +1 Form of the Vermin, Voice of the Wild
3rd +2 +2 +2 +1 Form of the Eldritch Beast, Quick Shift
4th +3 +2 +2 +1 Form of the Monster, Form of the Ooze
5th +3 +3 +3 +2 Form of the Eldritch Forest
6th +4 +3 +3 +2 Form of the Dragon
7th +5 +4 +4 +2 Form of the Titan
8th +6 +4 +4 +3 Swift Shift
9th +6 +5 +5 +3
10th +7 +5 +5 +3 Ever-shifting form

MASTER OF MANY FORMS
A master of many forms has no shape that she calls her own. Instead, she occupies whatever body is most expedient for her at the time. While others base their identities largely on their external forms, a master of many forms actually comes closer to her true self through her transformations. Of necessity, her sense of self is based not on her outward form, but on her soul, which is truly the only constant about her. It is the inner strength of that soul that enables her to take on any shape and remain herself within.
Hit Die: d8

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a master of many forms, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Skills: Knowledge (nature) 5 ranks, Survival 5 ranks.
Feats: Aspect of the Beast
Special: Wild shape class ability

CLASS SKILLS
The master of many forms class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Disguise (Cha), Fly (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str)
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

CLASS FEATURES
One with Nature (Ex): At 1st level, a master of many forms’ class levels stack with levels in druid for the purpose of determining her wild shaping ability, and her animal companion’s abilities. A master of many forms gains 1 additional use of wild shape per level and gains the ability to take on additional forms when she wild shapes, as she gains levels.

Form of the Mortals (Su): At 1st level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid. At 5th level, the master of many forms can use this ability at will (it no longer consumes daily uses of wild shape). This effect functions as alter self.

Form of the Vermin (Su): At 2nd level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium vermin. This ability functions as beast shape I (treating the vermin as an animal to determine its ability and natural armor modifiers). At 4th level, the master of many forms can change into any Tiny or Large vermin, as beast shape II. At 6th level, the master of many forms can become any Diminutive or Huge vermin, as beast shape III.

Voice of the Wild (Ex): At 2nd level, a master of many forms maintains her ability to speak normally regardless of the form she takes. Furthermore, she can communicate with other creatures of the same kind while in wild shape, as long as such creatures are normally capable of communicating with each other using natural methods.

Form of the Eldritch Beast (Su): At 3rd level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium magical beast. This ability functions as beast shape III. At 5th level, the master of many forms can change into any Tiny or Large magical beast, as beast shape IV.

Quick Shift (Ex): At 3rd level, a master of many forms can use her wild shape ability as a move action, rather than as a standard action.

Form of the Monster (Su): At 4th level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium monstrous humanoid. This ability functions as beast shape III (treating the monstrous humanoid as a magical beast to determine its ability and natural armor modifiers). At 6th level, the master of many forms can change into any Tiny or Large monstrous humanoid, as beast shape IV.

Form of the Ooze (Su): At 4th level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium ooze. This ability functions as beast shape III (treating the ooze as a magical beast without a natural armor bonus). At 6th level, the master of many forms can change into any Tiny or Large ooze, as beast shape IV. When in ooze form, the master of many forms has no discernible anatomy and is immune to poison, sneak attacks, and critical hits.

Form of the Eldritch Forest (Su): At 5th level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Small or Medium fey. This ability functions as beast shape III (treating the fey as a magical beast without a natural armor bonus). At 7th level, the master of many forms can change into any Tiny or Large fey, as beast shape IV. When in fey form, the master of many forms can use one super natural ability of the fey he is shifted into.

Form of the Dragon (Su): At 6th level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Medium dragon. This ability functions as form of the dragon I. At 8th level, the master of many forms can change into any Large dragon, as form of the dragon II. At 10th level, the master of many forms can change into any Huge dragon, as form of the dragon III.

Form of the Titan (Su): At 7th level, a master of many forms can assume the form of any Large giant. This ability functions as giant form I. At 9th level, the master of many forms can change into any Huge giant, as giant form II.

Swift Shift (Ex): At 8th level, a master of many forms can use her wild shape ability as a swift action, rather than as a move action.

Evershifting Form: A 10th level master of many forms has reached the pinnacle of her shapechanging abilities. She gains the shapechanger subtype and becomes immune to any transmutation effect unless she is willing to accept it. She also gains double the normal uses of wild shape from druid and master of many forms class levels.

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
I like the idea of this PrC, having played one a little in a short 3.5 game.

I'm not very good at crunching #'s or abilities so I can't/won't throw in much feedback on that realm.

One thing that did catch my attention was the fact the MMF levels stack for the Animal Companion, which I don't recall from the original and was wondering why you included it?

Xendria

First Post
It was a toss up between this and making the class full BAB / d10 hit die. I did the math and the MoMF would have way to high of hit points at higher levels. So to balance the class as a more combat based class I decided to give him the stronger animal companion.

Xendria

First Post
Anyone have any other advice? I'm going to run this soon and I was trying to get some opinions about balance and what not before it plays. Thanks.

Dreamcatcher11

First Post
3.5 -> PF MoMF

Hey, love this MoMF conversion from 3.5, probably going to use in an upcoming session :D so thanks for your effort, I'll be sure to put it to good use ^_^

Though one question: The one thing that REALLY got me happy with the class in 3.5 was the Gargantuan size at lvl 10. Why did you only stop at Huge Size?

I realize the Shape Spells that wild shape uses are limited to Diminutive -> Huge size, but think we could come up with a conversion for increasing the Str, con, nat armor, lowering dex, etc. etc. for a lvl 10 final bonus to the MoMF PrC? Just like in 3.5? aka - making a new set of "spells" sort of speak just for this class; boosting that huge size to gargantuan?

Xendria

First Post
Thank you for the support. This one is a bit old, and I've changed it a bit. If you can wait until tomorrow I will post the new one (still no Garg size) with all the new spells that they included for shape shifting and a bonus ability to deal with the damage reduction issues of natural attacks.

fenixfire

First Post
Thank you for the support. This one is a bit old, and I've changed it a bit. If you can wait until tomorrow I will post the new one (still no Garg size) with all the new spells that they included for shape shifting and a bonus ability to deal with the damage reduction issues of natural attacks.

Hello, I just joined this board and I am trying to find an updated/converted Master of Many Forms PrC. Did Xendria ever post his updated version? I cannot utilize the search features to locate it.

fenixfire

First Post
He just stated that he was going to post an update with new spells and the link to his already converted MoMF. I was curious if he ever did.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases