What was your first ever D&D product?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My first D&D products were the 1st Edition AD&D PHB and DMG. My first ever gaming product was the "Tunnels and Trolls" boxed set some years before that.

Henry

Autoexreginated
First ever gaming product was the Red Erol Otus Covered Basic D&D set, with module B2 Keep on the Borderlands inside.

That thing lasted me ten years before I lost it somewhere. Man, I miss that thing. I Still have the B2 Module original, though.

hammymchamham

First Post
I think mine was Sword and Fist, followed by the 3rd Edition PHB. I bought S&F because my first charecter was a fighter and my group of 6 had 3 or 4 PHB's already.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Gosh, I'm not sure. I used my older brother's stuff for a while. I think the first thing I actually owned was the "red box" of basic D&D.

I do remember that, before my brother headed off to college, I sat down with his AD&D DMG and typed up the entire monster stat chart from one of the appendices so I'd have some good monsters.

d19

First Post
The little white box with 3 books. In the same purchase I bought Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Gods Demigods & Heros, Chainmail and 2 sets of dice. It cost me $40 plus tax 1976 dollars.

johnsemlak

First Post
EricNoah said:
Gosh, I'm not sure. I used my older brother's stuff for a while. I think the first thing I actually owned was the "red box" of basic D&D.

I do remember that, before my brother headed off to college, I sat down with his AD&D DMG and typed up the entire monster stat chart from one of the appendices so I'd have some good monsters.

Ahh, the dark ages before xerox machines were easily available. Yeah, I remember many times copying loads of stuff by hand when I borrowed modules or whatever. I remember my friend had a later version of the Basic Set, so I copied the stuff that wasn't in mine.

Last edited:

Remove ads