Doctor Who question

Sutekh

First Post
The Eye of Harmony was a Created Black Hole which powered Gallifrey and the Tardis's. The Tardis itself has a link to this blackhole (again referred to in the past as the Eye of Harmony). With the timelock in place said eye can no longer power any Tardis, thus the need for a new power source.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
He spends so much time complaining that he's the last one, I've never been sure why he doesn't visit Gallifrey back before he was born.
He is only complaining to continually mention the fact that he's the last Time Lord. It helps him get the hot women!

"Ooh, you're a Time Lord?"
"I'm the last Time Lord, babe."
winkgun.gif

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That certainly matches the series. According to Susan in, I think, the very first episode, Time is the fifth dimemsion, the fourth being Space.

Yes, but since the first three are also space, that makes damned little sense, an should be ignored however canon it might be. Susan was young, it was the 1960s, and there were a lot of... youthful indiscretions involving recreational pharmaceuticals.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I created a Time Lord character known only as The Plumber. He has a sonic wrench instead of a screwdriver and the chameleon circuit on his TARDIS is usually set to Porta-Potty. The door latch always reads "Occupied" to keep people away.

Porta_Potty.jpg

4thDoctorthumb.gif

Shag

Explorer
He has run into a previous incarnation at least once, just before the ship got hit by the space Titanic. (you are MY doctor sketch)

Also it is my firm belief that it is just a matter of TIME ;) before he runs into Romana III. I would give that double points if they bring back Romana II and have her regenerate into III in some super cool heroic way. Might be a good idea to use her to somehow give our quickly running out of regenerations doctor some extra regens. He is almost out!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Might be a good idea to use her to somehow give our quickly running out of regenerations doctor some extra regens. He is almost out!

I say they just forget the 'limit' on regenerations.

If they need a reason to handwave it I think the Doctor has got several zillion possibilities they could call on.

Whatever happens they DON'T need a Romana IMO.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He has run into a previous incarnation at least once, just before the ship got hit by the space Titanic. (you are MY doctor sketch)

That would be Time Crash. So, we know he can still run into himself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g&feature=search]YouTube - Doctor Who - Children In Need Special: 'Time Crash' 2007[/ame]

MarkB

Legend
Also it is my firm belief that it is just a matter of TIME ;) before he runs into Romana III.

I assumed at the time of watching that the Mysterious Time Lady in The End of Time might well be Romana. The canonical explanation was rather disappointing by comparison.

If they've passed up opportunities like that to bring her back, I don't hold out much hope for them getting round to it at this point.

jcayer

Explorer
I'm wrapping myself up in my really long scarf for this one.
Romana was left behind in E-Space, or a space connecting E-space and regular space. That area could certainly have been outside of the Time lock the Dr set up, so she could very easily pop up anywhere.

The really sad part is I didn't have to look that up.

Sutekh

First Post
Jcayer: Why is that sad? Ive seen a LOT of Dr Who, way back to black n white days.

You are correct that Romana was trapped in Espace. I dont know that anyone counts the Big Audio Finish adventures as Canon (Look at the Gallifrey series for Romana), so yeah she is stuck there with K9.

Im pretty sure she wasnt left in the CVE (The space connecting E and N space)

Doctor Who is definetly not rely on viewing numbers from my gen though :)

Remove ads