[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
---------------------------------------------

PCs:
Knoepf: Dwarf Cleric (dimsdale)
Garrick d'Orien: Human Swordmage|Warlock (Otakkun)
Malehan Valenar: Elf Avenger (Velmont)
Revekka Amalthea d"Deneith (Vex): Human Barbarian|Fighter (pathfinderq1)
Acre Hills: Half-Elf Ardent (nerdytenor)

Major Quests: Discover the murderer and take appropriate steps (i.e. take him/her/it to the authorities, kill him, drive him out of town, whatever). Knoepf has discovered the identity of the murderer, but he has no proof at this point with which to take this to the authorities.

Minor Quests: There were two side quests, but the PCs did not pick up on them.

XP Awarded: 3823 XP + 7 RP Part 1, 0 XP Part 2

Date Started: Part 1: Jan 4, 2010; Part 2: Aug 18, 2010
Judge: EvolutionKB

Rules of Play:

I don't have many rules of play. My main ones are to try to post at least once every day (with the possible exception for some people of weekends and holidays) and have fun. Let me know via PM if you have any issues with either of these (i.e. cannot post, or something is bothering you about the game).

I prefer conversations to be in character and not out of character. Please discuss in combat tactics in character (or ahead of time in character). If you want someone to flank for you, tell him to do so, or set up a code word to do so. I realize that people can PM each other to discuss tactics out of character, but I prefer that we don't do that.

Please pick a unique color "This is conversation" for your PC's talking and normal white for non-conversation descriptions. If you can, make the conversation color a brighter color.

Please use [sblock=OOC]This is for OOC, Actions, etc.[/sblock] for OOC, Actions, etc. Please write down the consequences of your actions as well. For example, if an attack which hits also gives a bonus to defense for another PC, please write that down within the Action sblock. I'd also like a stat block in sblock format as well so that we can more easily keep track of what resources have been used.

That's basically it.

KD

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The wind is even more brutally cold than it was a few days ago when Knoepf first set out on tracking down the murderer. Dark clouds are creeping in across the surface of the sky overhead. It's likely that a massive storm is brewing. Knoepf feels an unnatural chill beyond that which just cold weather could supply.

It is Sar. The morning of the day when one more killing will turn Ladoran into a god, at least according to Ladoran. Should the group head directly to Ladoran's house and confront him, or should they try a different tact?

Maybe if Knoepf could supply the group with more information, they can make a decision.

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Garrick speaks in RoyalBlue [/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Stats]Garrick d'Orien, Human Warlock|Swordmage 6
Speaks in RoyalBlue
HP 57/57 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 23, Fort 19, Reflex 19, Will 17
AP 1, Surges 11/11
Diabolic Grasp [ ]
Channeling Shield [ ]
Dimensional Vortex [ ]
Fey Switch [ ]
Vestige of Baatar [ ]
Frost Backlash [ ]

Special
+2 item bonus to all defenses against enemies under his warlock curse.
+2 temp HP every time Garrick hits with an arcane power an enemy marked by him.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf closes his cloak around his already tight chainmail armor to shield himself away from the cold. Comrades, as I mentioned to you about the three in the tavern, I personally believe the most immediate threat is the sorcerer Ladoran. He is a ruthless killer who sacrefices the innocent for his own personal gain. He needs to be stopped! He calms his anger by taking deep breath and letting it out slowly. I know the way to get to his last location, but before going there I believe we can get some much needed information from one who'd be willing to help. The one I'm referring to is a rival of Ladoran's. Let's go there an see what he can tell us.

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect, on the way, can you tell us more about what happen. I think it would be better to be as much prepared as possible."

[SBLOCK=OOC]In other word, I just want a reason to come with information form Part 1, meaning: Knoepf told me![/SBLOCK]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I will post tonight or tomorrow morning
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bonuses for Acre's allies]
Within 10 of acre: +1 to Diplomacy
Within 5 of acre: +4 bonus to opportunity attack damage rolls and +2 (additional) to Diplomacy and Intimidate.
When acre spends a surge, an ally within 5 of acre can either gain 5 tmp hp or make a saving throw.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Acre Hills Stats]
Acre Hills, Half-Elf Ardent 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 56/56 Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 11/11
Speed 5, Initiative +4
Power Points: 4/4 Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
First Ardent Surge
Second Ardent Surge
Ardent Outrage
Dimension Swap
Body Adjustment
Blazing Starfall
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Battleborn Acuity
Persistent Veil
Brooch of No Regrets
Bloodthirst Bracers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
"Sounds like a good idea" replies Garrick as he looks at his new companions.

"I'd also like to talk about strategy as we walk there..." he adds with a serious face.

"From what you've told us we're going against some dangerous men, so instead of forming strategies as we go, we should decide on our game plan from the start."
With that he looks at everybody, checking if he's got their attention.

"I'll start then. I specialize in melee combat, with a touch of arcane control. I can lock onto one target and shield others from his attacks, not to mention either slow then down of slide them around the battle field into whatever position favors us the most. I'm also able to change places with whoever is willing via arcane teleportation, not to mention a couple of long distance attacks designed to either incapacitae or bring closer the target. What about the rest of you?"

nerdytenor

First Post
Acre smiles as each of the others speaks, clearly happy to be in their company. After Garrick summarizes his specialties, the half-elf speaks.

"You see this?" he says, displaying his greatspear in dramatic fashion. "It tells you half of what you need to know about me. But it is an important half. I fight best immediately behind the front lines, harassing the enemy from just beyond reach."

The half-elf slowly circles the party, touching each of the other members on the shoulders. As he does, each feels a comforting energy flowing through them. "The other half comes from my mind. I can... share things with others. I can't fully explain it, but I seem to just connect in a certain way. And I'm not just talking about my latest female exploits," he adds, grinning. "Things just have a way of turning out better when I'm around. At least for everyone else...". The half-elf laughs deeply before indicating that he is done.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases