[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Llama_Bill

First Post
[sblock=Status]Player Status:

• Brenwar: 8 temp hp
  • Shrakk: 41 damage taken, prone, unconscious, dying
  • Halleck: 8 temp hp
  • Kavac: 16 damage taken, +2 defenses until EONT
  • Shale: 6 damage taken, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I'm just checking that you mean that I've taken 16 damage in total so no change that turn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm travelling and away from my books atm. Can anyone refresh my memory on what does one have to do when unconsious and dying? Regarding Magestic Word, yes I-6 seems like the place to go. Good thing I've got my action point, as I'll be needing to get my second wind ASAP. [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I'm travelling and away from my books atm. Can anyone refresh my memory on what does one have to do when unconsious and dying? [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc:]Unless it's been errataed and I'm not aware, you make a saving throw at the end of your turn, which it doesn't apply in the current situation. When you spend the healing curge thanks to Inspiring Word, your hit points are set to zero and then you get the appropiate number of HP from the power. You're still prone, though.[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Still trying to shake the cowebs out of his head, Shrakk quickly stands up and focuses his inner energies, clearing out his mind.

"I owe you one from bringing me back from the dead" he tells Halleck as readies his fullblade once again.

[sblock=Actions]
Spend a surge to get to 0 HP
Gain 4 HP from Majestic Word, slide 1 to I-6
Move Action: Stand up
Standard Action: Second Wind, shift 3 squares to I-9 (Shifting Fortunes racial feature)
Action Point: Drink Healing Potion.
Status: +2 to all defenses uent, Iron Mind readied. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Avenger 2
Speaks in DarkOrange
HP 30/35 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 18, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 16
AP 0, Surges 6/9
Second Wind [X]
Iron Mind [ ]
Angelic Alacrity [ ]
Distracting Flare [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [X]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [ ]

Special
Shift 3 when using second wind.
+2 bonus to saves vs. daze, dominate & stun.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
referee.jpg

Just so you know, the Officials are reviewing that last play. More as the situation develops.

[sblock=Kavac]Yes, that's the amount of total damage you have sustained. You received 8 temp hp from Brenwar, and the hit you took also happened to be 8. So you're more or less in the same state as you were last round.[/sblock]
[sblock=Shrakk]When you are unconscious and dying, you make a death check every round you are dying. This is the same as a saving throw. If you fail, you get one "strike." Three strikes and you die. Making a roll doesn't mean you can stop making rolls in subsequent rounds. You keep rolling until you get revived or you're dead.

Also, healing effects apply to you as if you were at 0. So even though you were negative, after receiving healing from Halleck your total HP would be your surge+4.[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Since I was healed... do I still need to make the saving throw? Anyway, I'll adjust my HP accordingly now.
Btw, hilarious time out there :D [/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Since I was healed... do I still need to make the saving throw? Anyway, I'll adjust my HP accordingly now.
Btw, hilarious time out there :D [/sblock]

No. If you are revived before your turn comes around, you don't need to make a death roll. And thanks for having fun.

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=EVERYONE READ THIS]
20090227professorfarnsw.jpg

Good news, everyone!

I screwed up. For some stupid reason the program I use to track player character hit points had Karma at -12 hp. I just assumed it was correct. In fact, Karma had 6 hp before taking that massive hit, meaning he's actually at -9. Only 1 hp from actually being dead! Whoopee!

I've adjusted the last combat summary to reflect this, but to be clear, Karma's status is this:

Karma: -1 Healing Surge, 1 healing surge spent, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks, 29 damage taken, unconscious, dying

I've got a long weekend, so I'll give you guys until, oh say Monday to review and correct your actions based on this information.

The moral of the story is I shouldn't rush through an online combat when it's late and I'm exhausted.[/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
Seeing his new party fall around him Kavac snaps and wrestles free of the monkey's grip with some difficulty. He moves forward and pounces on a bleeding monkey hoping to thin the numbers. As he score a glancing blow Kavac releases a primal roar.

[sblock=Kavac's Stats and Actions]

I SUCK!

Move: Attempt to escape and shift to D10. Fail - 1d20+10=12
Standard: Attempt to escape and shift to D10. 1d20+10=23
Minor: -
Action Point
Standard Action: Swift Panther Rage Miss - 1d20+7=13, 3d12+4=26. 13 damage to monkey E10

Kavac - Goliath Barbarian 1
RAGING
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 17, Reflex 14, Will 13
HP 17/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 11/12
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Pressing Strike, Howling Strike
Encounter Powers: Desperate Fury, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage