[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar not struggling against the monkey's grip, uses the close range to deliver some pain in the form of a smite to the beast's skull. Brenwar continues to pray to Palladys and the owl persists around the creature grabbing him. Using his shield to keep most of the beast at bay he says to Halleck, "Appreciate the assistance"

[sblock=Combat Actions]
Move->Minor: Divine Strength: Next attack gets +1 damage

Standard Action: Righteous Smite (1d20+11=26, 2d10+6=17) Brenwar and every ally within 5 squares gains 8 temporary HP. (+2 for flanking and +1 damage included)

Minor Action: Divine Challenge the monkey in E10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 24 Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 19, Resist: 1/all
HP: 47/47 (8), Bloodied: 23 , Surge Value: 11, Surges Left: 12/13
Action Points: 1
Feat Note: Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.
OA Basic Melee Attack: +9 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage
Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Enfeebling Strike Lay on Hands (3/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Shrakk deftly swings his oversized sword, hitting once again the ape.

"Nice work people, just a few more hits and it should be done!"
[sblock=Actions]
Bond of Pursuit on H-4: 19 vs AC, hits for 9 damage.
With one foe down, Shrakk focuses now his attention on the other wounded creature within his reach, focusing his oath on it.
Minor: Oath on H-6
Movement: Slide 1 to H-5
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Avenger 2
Speaks in DarkOrange
HP 14/29 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 23, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
AP 1, Surges 9/9
Second Wind [ ]
Iron Mind [ ]
Angelic Alacrity [ ]
Distracting Flare [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [ ]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [ ]

Special
Shift 3 when using second wind.
+2 bonus to saves vs. daze, dominate & stun.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
Our heroes continue to press the attack. Shale continues to lay down a psychic barrage, cowing one of the creatures. Halleck moves to back up Brenwar while the two of them pull the mandrill off of the paladin. Karma unleashes a psionic attack as well, his debilitating condition seeming to have little effect on his mental strength and Kavac antagonizes one of the mandrills engaged with Brenwar. Shrakk, meanwhile brings his sword down on one of the mandrills still reeling from Shale and Karma's mental assaults.

Shrakk's blow splits the mandrill in twain, ending its shrieking forever. Suddenly a howl echoes out over the jungle, sending clouds of birds out into the sky. A looming, hairy shadow leaps from the trees and lands next to Shrakk, it's arms flailing wildly. Shrakk and Karma are knocked to the ground by a pair of huge monkey paws, another blow to the head knocks Shrakk unconscious. Dazed, Karma looks up at the largest monkey he's ever seen. His fangs gleam as he howls in rage. The other mandrills leap into action with renewed vigor, following their leader into battle. Kavac wrestles with a one while another ambushes Shale, smashing and biting off a large chunk of his crystalline body causing astral energy to start hemorrhaging out of him.

mandrillalpha.jpg

The alpha mandrill is the last thing Karma sees before one of its pack leaps upon his prone form and pummels him into unconsciousness.

[sblock=Actions]Player Actions:

• Shale: Moves to I12; hits H4 (misses H6) with an dishearten for 10 damage
  • Halleck: Moves to E9; crits E10 with Brash Assault for 11 damage
  • Mandrill: Misses Halleck with a free attack
  • Brenwar: Misses E10 with a free Virtuous Strike
  • Karma: Hits H4 (misses H6) with a dishearten for 8 damage, succeeds on saving throw
  • Kavac: Second Wind; move to C11
  • Brenwar: Divine Strength, hits E10 with Righteous Smite for 17 damage
  • Shrakk: Hits H4 with Bond of Pursuit for 9 damage, killing it, Oath of Enmity on H6, shift to H5

Enemy Actions:

• Alpha Mandrill: Moves to G5, uses Howl
  • Mandrill A1: Free action move to E7
  • Mandrill H6: Free action shift to I5
  • Alpha Mandrill: Uses Flailing Arms to make slap attacks on Shrakk and Karma, hits Shrakk for 13 damage and knocks him prone, misses Karma.
  • Alpha Mandrill: Uses action point to use Flailing arms again, hit Shrakk for another 13 damage, hits Karma for 12 and knocks him prone.
  • Mandrill E18: Leaps to I13, Slams Shale for 14 damage and grabs him, bites Shale for ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
  • Mandrill D11: Hits Kavac with Slam for 8 damage and grabs him, misses Kavac with bite.
  • Mandrill E10: Misses Brenwar with Slam
  • Mandrill E7: Hits Karma with slam for 15 damage, leaps to A1
  • Mandrill I5: Leaps to E8, misses Halleck with slam
[/sblock]
[sblock=Monster Stats]Alpha Mandrill
AC 19, Fort 17, Ref 17, Will 16
OA: +10 vs. AC, 2d6+4 damage and target is knocked prone

Mandrill
AC 17, Fort 15, Ref 16, Will 14
OA: +8 vs. AC, 1d10 + 5 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape)[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]Player Status:

• Brenwar: 8 temp hp
  • Shrakk: 41 damage taken, prone, unconscious, dying
  • Halleck: 8 temp hp
  • Karma: -1 Healing Surge, 1 healing surge spent, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks, 29 damage taken, unconscious, dying
  • Kavac: 16 damage taken, 1 surge spent, +2 defenses until EONT
  • Shale: 6 damage taken, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)

Enemy Status:

• Alpha Mandrill: Fine
  • Mandrill A1: 29 damage taken, bloodied
  • Mandrill D11: 8 damage taken
  • Mandrill E8: Oath of Enmity from Shrakk
  • Mandrill E10: 28 damage taken, bloodied
  • Mandrill H4: 31 damage taken, bloodied
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
battle01map07.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Shale is too busy to see the new monkey come, but when he surprisingly manages to get free from the monkey and trun around, the sight of his two companions on the floor and probably dead being trampled by a huge, red assed monkey doing his victory dance makes him lower his estimated probability of survival another 37,5%.

[sblock=ooc:]Oh well, I started to like this character and takes so long to get an approval. Anyway, I failed my first check to escape from the mandrill as a move action, I'll edit this post when I decide what to do with the standard, but I manage to get free with the standard action, moving to I11 with the free slide.

I fail the saving throw too[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Enraged seeing his companion killed by some over active monkeys, Brenwar flails at the beast in front of him. He manages to land a solid blow as a halo of light forms around his head.
[sblock=Paladin Healing]
If anyone needs healing Brenwar has 3 lay on hands to anyone adjacent to him. Not saying it will max out your HP or anything, but might keep us alive through this mess.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Actions]
Well since someone (Not Someone) has died I feel like AP and Daily time...

Move: Null

Standard Action: Majestic Halo vs. E10 (1d20+11=12, 3d10+5=22) Well poopy... Half damage so 11, and any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Brenwar is sanctioned until the end of its turn. This lasts the whole encounter.

Action Point:Virtuous Strike vs. E10 (1d20+11=19, 1d10+5=8) Brenwar gains +1 to all defenses and +2 to saving throws until the start of his next turn.

Minor Action: Null
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 24 Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 19, Resist: 1/all
HP: 47/47 (8), Bloodied: 23 , Surge Value: 11, Surges Left: 12/13
Action Points: 0
Feat Note: Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.
OA Basic Melee Attack: +9 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage
Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Enfeebling Strike Lay on Hands (3/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"NOO!" Halleck screamed, becoming enraged as two of his allies fall on the battlefield.
"Shrakk! You must get up, and regroup over here!"

Halleck employed the same tactic, dropping his guard with a lunge to provoke an attack. But this time, the monkey was ready, and easily deflected the attack. The troubadour side-stepped to reposition himself.
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Majestic Word on Shrakk (He gets HS+4, plus he can slide 1), Attack E10 Monkey; Epic Fail (After 1 crit, I roll 2 1's). Brash Assault triggers an free attack, if the enemy wants it. But if the enemy takes it, it allows Brenwar to take a free attack with CA. +4 to defenses from E10 monkey!

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Majestic Word on Shrakk (Healing Surge + 4; slide)
Standard: Brash Assault vs Monkey (AC)

• Target: E10 Monkey (CA)
  • Attack: 1d20+6=7 +2(CA)=9 FAIL
  • Damage: 1d8+3=0 damage
  • Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+4) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
Move: Shift to D9
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Bard/Warlord 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +14

Defenses:

AC: 18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 13, Will: 15 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 25/25, THP: 8/8 Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +6 vs AC - Longsword 1d8+3
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Battlefront Shift
Daily: Stirring Shout

Weapons:
Longsword

[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Shrakk]Magestic Word gives you a free slide. I suggest you go to I6 to break contact so you can move away on your turn, but if you wanted to stand and attack, that's not the best move. So pick where you want to slide before you take your turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads