[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Sanzuo

First Post
Before anyone can react the monkey whips its arm back around, hurling a sticky, brown gob of something that smells truly wretched right at Kavac's head. Kavac deftly dodges at just the last moment and the slimy mess lands right at Brenwar's feet, spattering yuck all over his boots. The monkey begins to howl loudly and wave its arms around in a menacing gesture.

mandrill.jpg

Oooooooo! Oooo! Oooo! Oooo!​

[sblock=Combat]As per the bulletin board combat recommendations I've received, I'm rolling your initiatives for you:

Aaaand none of you went before the mandrills, oops! Let's hope I roll this bad for the rest of the encounter, eh?[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Mandrill 1: Hurls... something at Kavac; miss.
Mandrill 2: Appears and hurls something at Shale; hit! Shale is blinded until the end of Mandrill 2's next turn.
Mandrill 3: Appears and hurls something at Karma; hit! Karma is blinded until the end of Mandrill 3's next turn.
Mandrill 4: Appears and hurls something at Brenwar; miss.
Mandrill 5: Appears and hurls something at Shrakk; hit! Shrakk is blinded until the end of Mandrill 3's next turn.[/sblock]

You hear the calls being returned from all around you coming from the jungle. Four more of these beasts come swinging down from the trees from all directions, hurling their smelly leavings all along the while. The party flinches and tries to evade, but Shale, Karma and Shrakk are caught in the crossfire. The sticky filth nails you three right in your faces, getting in your mouth, nose and eyes, the monkeys taunting you all the while.

[sblock=Party Status]Brenwar: Fine
Shrakk: Blinded until the end of enemy's next turn.
Karma: -1 Healing Surge, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks, Blinded until the end of enemy's next turn.
Kavak: Fine
Shale: -1 Healing Surge, -2 on attack rolls and skill checks, Blinded until the end of enemy's next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
battle01map03l.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The trees are difficult terrain, but also light concealment.
The pool is difficult terrain around its circumference (the 4x4 area) and the center is deep water.[/sblock]

[sblock=Player Actions]You guys take your actions in whatever order you post in. I will wait until you have all acted before posting the enemy's turns. This pattern will continue until you are all dead combat is over. Neat huh?[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Shale yoinks the feral, poo-flinging halfling (probably) into the pool and sends a wave of desperation in his general direction. Then he stumbles to what he thinks would be a safer location.

[sblock=ooc:]Forceful push (encounter power) on F13 to F12 as a minor action. It doesn't require an attack roll and I don't think it counts as hindering terrain, so that monkey should be swimming right now. Then Dishearten centered on E12, catching 2 monkeys; if I'm reading the rules right, area attacks don't suffer the penaties for Blinded. Attack rolls are 13 and 7 Vs Will, damage is 5 and in the case anyone is hit it suffers -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next round.

After all that move to a location better protected, preferably behind someone more durable, Depending on the rest of the group's action, that could be around F7 probably around E9 (changed in response to Brenwar's actions) [/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Shale, shardmind Psion 1

Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19

AC: 14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6

HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/7

Initiative +0, Action Points: 1, Power points 2/2

Powers: Dishearten, Telekinetic Thrawl, Far hand, Foreceful Push, Shard Swarm, Telekinetic Anchor

Opportunity Attack: -1 vs. AC; 1d8-1 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma spins around and spews psychic energy back at where the missile hitting him roughly came from, bursting the entire area indiscriminately with psychic energy.

[sblock=ooc]I have no idea if I can do this blind, but it seems fair as a burst attack aiming roughly where you last knew them to be. Yay for controllers :).[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: If I may suggest an strategy, when surrounded it's rarely a bad idea to crush through the enemy circle and present a clear front instead of allowing ourselves being attacked on all sides. In this case IMO the best idea is to nuke the I-11 od D-11 monkey and guard our flank using the pool.

Sanzuo

First Post
Karma spins around and spews psychic energy back at where the missile hitting him roughly came from, bursting the entire area indiscriminately with psychic energy.

[sblock=ooc]I have no idea if I can do this blind, but it seems fair as a burst attack aiming roughly where you last knew them to be. Yay for controllers :).[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions?]So, what are your combat actions? I don't know what to do with your character from a narrative alone. Describe what power or powers you are using and what specific targets it includes.

And yes, bursts and blasts are not affected by blindness or concealment. You get your full attack bonus. Minus your penalty from Jungle Fever of course.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar dodging the flung material charges one of the nearby creatures hoping to keep it busy until his party regroups and gets the monkey's projectiles cleared from their eyes.

[sblock=Combat Actions]
Minor Action: Null

Standard Action: Charge with Ardent Strike (1d20+10=15, 1d10+5=14)+Charge Extra Damage from Weapon (1d8=8) the monkey in D11.

Move Action: After the charge use my Boots of Adept Charging to Shift to E11.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 24 Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 19, Resist: 1/all
HP: 47/47, Bloodied: 23 , Surge Value: 11, Surges Left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
Feat Note: Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.
OA Basic Melee Attack: +9 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage
Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Enfeebling Strike Lay on Hands (3/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sanzuo]
I strongly suggest we use the combat method where you go ahead and tell us the creatures basic stats (Like this). It makes it a lot easier to describe our characters hitting or not and we can go ahead roll AoO for ourselves.
[/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
At the obvious sign of aggression Kavac quickly stows his waterskin. Excited to use his blade on something other than plant life Kavac charges towards the closest monkey roaring a battle cry that never attempted to be understood. As he reaches the monkey he brings his blade down with practiced precision and fury.

[sblock=Kavac's Stats and Actions]
Minor: Put away waterskin.
Move: None.
Standard: Charge to D10 using Howling Strike on monkey in D11. Howling Strike: 1d20+8=22, 1d12+1d6+4=8 damage

Kavac - Goliath Barbarian 1
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 17, Reflex 14, Will 13
HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 12/12
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Pressing Strike, Howling Strike
Encounter Powers: Desperate Fury, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Blinded by the filth on his eyes, Shrakk simply does his best to defend himself until he can regain his vision.
[sblock=Actions]
Total Defense: +2 defenses usnt [/sblock]
[sblock=Shrakk stats]Shrakk - Male Githzerai Avenger () 1 Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14; Normal vision AC:17, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:15 -- Speed:6 HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges Left:9/9 +2 bonus to saves vs. daze, dominate & stun Shift 3 when using second wind. Action Points: 1, Second Wind Powers Overwhelming Strike Radiant Vengeance Angelic Alacrity Avenger's Resolve Channel Divinity Iron Mind Oath of Enmity Aspect of Might Luckblade [/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
[sblock=Actions]
Move action; turn around.
Standard action; empowered 2 dishearten targeting H1.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP 20 Bloodied 10 Surge Value 5; Surges Per-Day 5
AC 17 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 16
[/sblock]

Remove ads