Dragons of Autumn Twilight

possum

First Post
Tasslehoff nods at Riverwind's words. Without a word, the kender swings his hoopak over his shoulder and unsheathes his stolen dagger and slowly creeps into the building. His eyes dart around the area, not liking the silence that has fallen over it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Chapter 3 Descent into Darkness

The party enters the only standing structure looking for answers. As they walk through a short wide corridor Tas listens intently but hears nothing.

Golden doors open into a central chamber of the temple. A tremendous dome rises high above the delicate tile floor. It seems as though time has stilled in this room. In the center of the circular room stands a polished statue of singular grace and beauty: the delicate form of a woman, draped in flowing robes. Her hair cascades about her shoulders and neck, which is adorned by a delicate amulet. The look on her face is one of hope tempered with sadness. A feeling of warmth and love abides in the room.

"Oh how beautiful," Goldmoon says raising a hand to her throat and staring mesmerized.

Attachments

• Temple of Mishakal unexplored.jpg
    Temple of Mishakal unexplored.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 50

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No I... she looks like my mother somewhat," Goldmoon says sadly. "And her hands they look like," she stares at the blue crystal staff. Moving towards the statue Goldmoon reaches up to place the holy artifact into the awaiting hands of the statue.

The staff glows a faint blue before flaring into a sapphire hue. The warmth and safe feeling about the room becomes more. And then a clear crystal female voice echoes throughout the room...

"Beloved disciple, the gods have not turned away from man. Man turned away from the true gods and now seek gods who do not exist. But the end of darkness nears. Kyrnn is about to face its greatest test. Men will need the truth more than ever. You must return the truth and power of the true gods to men. It is time to restore the balance."

To gain the power, you shall need the truth of the gods. Far below this temple lie the Disks of Mishakal: circular plates of platinum that are all you need to call upon my power. You must recover the disks.

But your way will not be easy. The disks now lie in the lair of a dragon. Therefore I charge your staff: if you present it boldly never wavering, then you shall prevail. Even then, your journey is not complete; you must leave here, must search for a true Leader of the People."

"I charge you with these tasks Goldmoon, Chieftan's Daughter. And I charge you her companions with her protection until her destiny can be fulfilled. But for now rest here you will be safe from the dragon and her minions here."

The presences leaves the area but you all still feel the safety that she talked about. After a quick search of the rooms and finding nothing the group beds down for a peaceful nights sleep.

In the morning they prepare themselves to retrieve the Disks from the dragon.

[sblock=OOC] Go ahead and prepare your characters for battle. The rest of this will be a dungeon crawl so be ready for a little slowness. I am working on having things move along like a chess game of sorts every week letting the players move, and then if/when combat erupts doing that normally. I have some great maps I found and will be using.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases