Dragons of Autumn Twilight

possum

First Post
Tas thinks for a moment, looking at his map. "Well, if you were on the way to Haven to meet with the Seekers," the kender says aloud.

Tanis

I hate to say it, as much as I do no want to but ...
Tanis sighs as he gaze into the fire
I say we travel to Gateway, toward our final destination, a place where there could be some knowledge about the staff.
He raise his head to the companions
Qualinost, where the speaker of the suns can aid us

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin & Caramon

"Tanis is right. The Speaker of the Sun has maybe the needed knowledge. More than those seekers. And I don't have fond memories of Haven." Raist says from the shadow of his cowl, his hourglass eyes looking at the mysterious staff.

Caramon just nods at his twin's words, his mouth occupied with eating.

ghostcat

First Post
Riverwind looks at Goldmoon, who nods and smiles at him in encouragement. "We were only going to Haven for want of a better idea. If you think Gateway is better then we'll go there."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Deciding on heading to Gateway, the party leaves the shelter of the cave and makes it's way south and west through the forest till they arrive at the New Haven Road.

The Solace Stream sparkles beneath an ancient bridge. Water tumbles out of the forest, over rocks, and towards the Southpass that lies between the Sentinel Peaks. West of the bridge, the road splits in two, branching to the south and west. Both roads wind among the great Vallenwoods, whose boughs form a brillant autumn canopy over the roadway.

Standing amongst the brush, still wet from last nights rain, the group looks out at the road wondering if it's safe...

...someone ought to scout-"

"I will, Tanis," Tas volunteered, popping up out of the brush beneath Tanis's elbow. "No one would suspect a kender traveling alone."

Tanis frowned. Tas was right - no one would suspect him... "Very well," Tanis said finally. "But remeber, Tasselhoff Burrfoot, keep your eyes open and your wits about you. Bo roaming off the road and above all" - Tanis fixed the kender's eye with his own sternly - "keep your hands out of other people's belongings."

"Unless they're bakers," Caramon added.

Tas giggled, pushed his way through the final few feet of brush, and started off down the road, his hoopak digging holes in the mud, his pouches jouncing up and down as he walked. They heard his voice lift in a kender trailsong.

Your one true love's a sailing ship
That anchors at our pier.
We lift her sails, we man her decks,
We scrub the portholes clear;

And yes, our lighthouse shines for her,
And yes, our shores are warm;
We steer her into harbor,
Any port in a storm.

The sailors stand upon the docks,
The sailors stand in line,
As thristy as a dwarf for gold
Or centaurs for cheap wine.

For all sailors love her,
And flock to where she's moored,
Each man hoping that he might
Go down, all hands on board.

Tanis, grinning, allowed a few moments to pass after hearing the last verse of Tas's song before starting out. Finally they stepped out on the road with as much fear as a troupe of unskilled actors facing a hostile audience. It felt as if every eye on Kyrnn was on them.

Heading south the group makes for Gateway.

[sblock=OOC] Marching order please Tas has the lead at about 100 feet. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Riverwind finds that he has a bit of a dilemma. He realises as one of the groups fighters he should be at the front or the back. At the same time this means leaving Goldmoon unguarded. Finally, he decides that Goldmoon should be safe with Raistlin & Caramon. Turning to Tanis he says "Tanis. I'll take the van or the rear, your choice. Goldmoon stays with Raistlin & Caramon." Turning to Goldmoon he says "Sorry Princess. Security. My call."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes my protector," Goldmoon says in mocking modesty, teasing the warrior with down cast eyes. "My beloved." she whispers.

[sblock=OOC] If Tas is at the fore front and we assume Tanis and Flint take the "first rank" since everyone would be moving at Flint's pace. Would it be ok with everyone that the marching order be:

Tas
90-100 feet
Tanis & Flint
10 feet
Caramon
5 feet
Raistlin & Goldmoon
10 feet
Sturm & Riverwind

For marching down the road? [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Riverwind mouths "Love you." to Goldmoon before joining Sturm at the rear of the group. He walks down the road quietly not saying anything unless Sturm speaks first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases