Dragons of Autumn Twilight

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

The melee turns chaotic as swords clash, spells light up the area, and battle cries fill the air. The companions fight with the determination of true heroes, where one fails another is there to succeed and the enemy is soon in disarry but fight on savagely to thier cold stony deaths.

Flints out cry causes both Tas and Tanis to act. The kender throws a dagger right into the dragonman's hide and the distraction let's Tanis finish him with a quick jab of his sword. Heeding Sturm's warning he pulls the sword out quickly.

Goldmoon and Riverwind both seeing the dragonman that Tanis left alone to help his friend they both attack. And the stone goes wide for fear of hitting her beloved, while Riverwind's strike hits but can not penetrate the scaly hide. The draconian turns to attack Riverwind his stirke blocked by the warriors own blade. They stand locked in combat.

Caramon misses his huge opponent but smiles all the same as the thing takes two bolts of magical energy to the chest. Shaking it's head it tries to strike out but Caramon's shield takes the blow. Weaken Caramon knows if he can just get passed it's defenses once he will be able to finish this monster.

Sturm wastes no time dispatching the first of his opponents while avoiding the second. It is almost reflex as his years of training and adventuring with his friends have prepared him better than if he had spent a dozen lifetimes training with the knights and their "single combat only tactics". He sighs at the thought, but it is true if your enemy fights in numbers than you need to be ready for it.

And speaking of numbers... the companions hear a horn in the distance somewhere to the south.

BHHAATT... BHAT... BHAT...

And then they see a mile or more down the road more winged monsters headed towards them. Their answering horn embolding the creatures that they already fight.

23613-lge.jpg

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
Character          HP   AC     In Hand/Condition
Sturm            44/45   3     Brightblade&shield/none
Raistlin          8/8    5     StaffofMagius/none
Caramon          51/51   5     l.sword&shield/none
Tas              15/15   5     hoopak/none
Tanis            35/35   3     l.sword/none
Flint            39/42   6     h.axe&shield/none
Goldmoon         19/19   8     sling/none
Riverwind        34/34   4     l.sword/none

8 Draconians - 4 dead, 1 wounded, one asleep

1 Draconian in melee with Sturm
Wounded Draconian (14dmg) fighting Caramon
1 Draconian fighting Riverwind

Flint and Tanis free to chose new target.

Tas, Raistlin, and Goldmoon in center of circle made by warriors.

NOTE: Ignore Riverwinds dmg roll I thought I scored a hit but his AC is different from the orginial due to fighting feat, and the draconian missed by one. And I had to roll Sturm's att to see if he killed the draconian (needed to know if it would get an attack or not).

Round 3 Heroes are up! [/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"How long can we keep this up?" Tas asks as the Kender reaches for another rock from his pouch, loading it into the sling of his hoopak. He chooses the same draconian he hit before and fires off another shot.

1d20=7, 1d4=3

Orius

Legend
Sturm bravely stands his ground and continues battling the foes. Once again he bravely strikes his opponent.

[sblock=ooc]Naturally, I don't know how many hp these guys have, so don't know if the first attack killed or not. I'll edit the post accordingly.

And I checked my PHB, I didn't see the rules on how the 3/2 attacks are supposed to work. I do know that it's 1/2/1/2 alternating, but I couldn't find the reference in the book. So either it's in the DMG, or it's something Skip had to repeatedly explain in Dragon. :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin

Raistlin straightens himself up and tries to avoid further coughing. He tries to decide between using his magic to turn invisible and sneak away or using web to hinder the approaching foes... but both would leave him weakened, perhaps even unable to hustle.
"We have to retreat! They are to many!" He calls, adding :"No honor in stupidity!" mostly to Sturm.

[sblock=OOC]

Not much I can do now :(.

Raistlin
spells for the day:
1st= charm person, magic missle, sleep
2nd= invisibility, web
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Hearing a horn in the distance, Riverwind briefly looks away from the combat and is horrified to see the approach of more dragonmen. Determine to finish off his current opponent as soon as possible, to give him a chance to use his bow before they get here, he initiates a series of sword strikes which cumulates in his sword sliding over the dragonman's hide. Obvious the approaching dragonmen have distracted him.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Caramon

Caramon grimly smiles as he continues the battle dance with his brother and foe.

[sblock=OOC] Hit ac 3.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tanis's gaze shift to the charging creatures but before they will retreat they need to take care of the draconians that are attacking Goldmoon and Riverwind.
Tanis swings his sword toward the creature. Flint tries to flank the creature from the other side.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Caramon finishes off the large dragon-man as Sturm and Tanis take out the last two. The fight was over quickly thanks to the group being ready, but more of these strange creatures are coming up the road from the south.

With a wall of mountains looming high to the east the group has only two options of retreat, north towards Solace or west into the forest.

possum

First Post
Tas looks quickly back and forth between the two options. Really, he thinks, there is no option. After what happened back home and now the strange lizardmen chasing after them, there's no way that they can reasonably head back to Solace.

The kender turns to the west and cries out loud enough for the rest to hear him. "We have to get out of here, follow me!" With that said, he races into the foliage to the west.

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin

Raistlin follows the Kender as fast as possible. "Maybe one is a fool to follow a Kender, but one would be a bigger fool if one stays here. Come Caramon!"

[sblock=OOC]

Raistlin
spells for the day:
1st= charm person, magic missle, sleep
2nd= invisibility, web
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases