Dragons of Autumn Twilight

possum

First Post
Tasslehoff grasps his borrowed dagger in his left hand, the kender's right hand still holding his hoopak. He stares at the hobgoblin attacking him and attempts to dig the dagger through the larger being's gut.

He reacts in shock as Tanis is sliced a non-fatal wound by another hobgoblin. Their reunion is obviously not going the way they all thought it would. This sight likely distracts him just enough to avoid hitting his foe.

1d20=10, 1d4=4

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

The companions trade blows and parries with the hobgoblin's neither side scoring a telling blow. And neither side giving quarter. Flint th eonly combatant to draw blood this pass.

[sblock=OOC] Well Caramon missed with both of his attacks and one roll was a 1 go figure. At least the hobgoblins all missed I was scared there a minute. Ok Sturm gets two attacks this round and remember Tas is twice as good at throwing the dagger than he is at trying to hit in melee.

Top of Round 3 [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character          HP   AC     In Hand/Condition[/U]
Sturm            41/45   3     Brightblade&shield/none
Caramon          44/51   5     longsword&shiled/none
Tanis            31/35   3     longsword/none
Flint            38/42   6     h.axe&shield/none
Tas              15/15   5     hoopak/none
Raistlin          8/8    5     staff/none

Hobgoblins are AC 5 (there are five left)

ROLLS:
Roll Lookup hobgoblin's att rnd 2
Roll Lookup caramon's att rnd 2 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tanis tries to refocus and shouts to his companions.
I’m O.K, bring the villains down!
He swings his sword ... oh, so close, he missed the Hobgoblin.
These are not simple marauders, these are trained Hobgoblins, a part of an army
Tanis thinks to himself.

(1d20=7) Hit AC:7

possum

First Post
Tasslehoff backs away from the hobgoblin attacking him and quickly flips the dagger over in his hands so the pointed end is now in his fingertips. "Try to avoid this!" the kender shouts at the hobgoblin as he throws the dagger straight at his opponent.

Throw dagger at hobgoblin (1d20=14, 1d4+1=3)

OOC: I'm just wanting to make sure that I get this right. My ranged THAC0 is 17. Since I rolled a 14, does that mean I hit anything with an AC "lower" than a 3?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: I'm just wanting to make sure that I get this right. My ranged THAC0 is 17. Since I rolled a 14, does that mean I hit anything with an AC "lower" than a 3?

That is correct and by "lower" you mean numbers higher than 3.

So you hit anyone with an AC between 3 to 10.

HM[/sblock]

Orius

Legend
Recovering his balance, Sturm attacks with a cold fury, hitting the hobgoblin that wounded him with a mighty stroke from his sword.

1d20=18, 1d8+6=9

[sblock]Don't remember how to do THAC0 exactly, but I'm pretty sure 18 hits. I'm going to have to drag my PHB out though, doubtful the next roll with be as easy to figure out as a nice high roll or a fumble.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 3

It takes the companions only a few seconds to get back into their old ways of fighting together. Tanis parries another blow from one of the only two hobgoblins. While the other moves in threatingly towards Tasselhoff.

"You dirty Kender," it says advancing Flint's dagger in it's belly. "I'll gut you for trying to gut me." But Tas dodges out of the way of the wild swing.

Sturm dispatches his foe and then turns quickly to see who he can help. The twins have already killed two more hobgoblin's and the knight thought he saw streaks of light hit one of the beast before it toppled forward. Tanis fughts one creature while Flint and Tasselhoff look to be "playing" with another.

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character          HP   AC     In Hand/Condition[/U]
Sturm            41/45   3     Brightblade&shield/none
Caramon          44/51   5     longsword&shiled/none
Tanis            31/35   3     longsword/none
Flint            38/42   6     h.axe&shield/none
Tas              15/15   5     hoopak/none
Raistlin          8/8    5     staff/none

Hobgoblins are AC 5 (there are 2 left)

ROLLS:
Roll Lookup hobgoblin's att rnd 3
Roll Lookup twins atts rnd 3

TOP OF ROUND 4[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin & Caramon

One goblin manged to get past the fighting heroes. H e decided that the frail looking human was a better target than a grumpy dwarf or fighters in full armor...

Overviewing the battle and ready to be the much needed brain for his dumb but powerful and healthy brother, Raistlin smiles slightly and starts to conjure a magic missle to the the goblin a lesson. He was no longer weak, not with the blessing of Linitari on his side. But just as he starts to intone the first magic syllables, his health hampers his triumph. Only able to manage some quick words between his coughing, he calls for Caramon's help: "'cough' Caramon 'cough' the goblin 'cough'"

Caramon quickly reacts, giving the goblin next to him a kick. Not enough to finish the creature, but enough to get loose and to the goblin that menaces his loved brother. With a quick stroke, he expertly severs the creatures head. "Don't fear , Raist, I'm always here to help you!"

The words only bring a sore expression to his twins face.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases