Dragons of Autumn Twilight

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Everyone but Tas makes their way to The Tumbling Tankard, a fair sized inn and tavern. It is almost midday when the group arrives entering at different times and taking up seats at different tables, before congregating into one.

The tavern is full of people who seem to be celebrating some sort of fall festival. There is food and drink, music and dancing. In no time the darkness of the trip is replaced by smiles and cheer as you celebrate with the people of Gate Way.

[sblock=Tas] Following an interesting cat as it balances along a fence, Tas trips over something and falls forward. His topknot in his face the little handler pushes it aside to see what he tripped over. He is surprised when he see what looks like a half dead plainsman lying up against the fence.

"Hel... help... me."
he says softly nearly a whisper of a whisper. [/sblock]

[sblock=Everyone Else] Please post up some interaction between you and an NPC. Either by dancing, asking a question, or sharing a tale. [/sblock]

possum

First Post
Tas looks at the badly wounded plainsman with astonishment and immediately kneels beside him. "You're hurt," he says, stating the obvious, but its the only thing the Kender can think of at the moment. "What happened?" He rummages through his bag as he waits for an answer, hoping to have something to at least provide some measure of comfort to the injured man.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Tas]The man reaches out and grips Tas by the wrist as the kender searches his pouch. "No time, please listen." he says his voice ruff and gruggily, like his lung is punctured.
"My name is Nightshade from the village of Que-Teh. The dragonmen are taking all of us south as slaves. This morning the men of my tribe held secret council, chained though we were in the caravan. I was chosen to escape, to go to Que-Shu for aid, while the rest of my comrades rose against the dragonmen and drew their attention. A tremendous army of evil lies to the south. I have overheard them speak of a second army that waits to crush the Seeker Lands from the north. They hold back their armies only for fear that a crystal staff will return to Xak Tsaroth while they are not watchful. Why, I do not know." His voice becomes desperate. "Do not go south, for only slavery and death lie there. Find the crystal staff, and take it to Xak Tsaroth. It is our only hope."
The last word is strangely burned into the kender's mind. It could be from the way it came out along with Nightshade's last breath. Something Tas will remember till the end of his days.[/sblock]

Orius

Legend
Sturm chivalrously pulls out a chair for Goldmoon to sit down. After she is seated, he casually approaches Tanis. "Have you seen Tas? I was keeping an eye on him, but he seems to have disappeared on us again."

Sturm: "Have you seen Tas? I was keeping an eye on him, but he seems to have disappeared on us again."
Tas disappearing is not something new, the little mouse will pop out sooner or later.
Tanis chuckles to himself
It is time to rest and cheer, we did not have the time doing so in Solace and with the dragon men and goblins after us and the lady, I fear celebration will be rare.
Tanis stands and addresses his companions
A toast for a reunion and for a better future, enjoy and drink not because later we’ll have to form a plan.

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin

Rastlin enters just after Caramon, who holds the door open to him. Sitting down in the most shadowy corner of the tavern he orders his twin: "The tea Caramon. I need it now!"

[sblock=OOC]

Raistlin
spells for the day:
1st= charm person, magic missle, sleep
2nd= invisibility, web
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Riverwind always feels awkward in social situations and the Tumbling Tankard inn in Gateway is no exception. Therefore he hunches down in his seat, nursing a drink. Suddenly one of the local girls comes waltzing up to the table and asks Riverwind for a dance. Embolden by a couple of drinks, she will not take no for an answer and drags him on to the dance floor. Riverwind is not familiar with the local dances and has little skill in dancing. However, he is fleet of foot enough to manage not to trip over his own feet or step on his partner. After a few dances, Riverwind starts to relax a little and actually manages to start pumping his partner as to what has been happening locally on the pretense of being new in town.

Tanis

Tanis nerves chill out after the second mug of ale, with the party all around him he relaxes and cheers with the people around.
To add flames to the fire of happiness Tanis tries to pump Flint and Caramon with alcohol, taunting them "Hey guys, even Tas drinks more then you and stays sober".
But the serious natured fighter still, from time to time, throws a glance to the door, hoping to see Tas jogs in rather then armored figures or dragon men.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases