Dragons of Autumn Twilight - Page 20





  1. #191
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    "About 50 miles east of Solace, I think," Tas says, looking at his map. "That is if I'm reading this scale right," he adds. "That's the swamp," he quickly corrects himself.

 

  • #192
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ghostcat
    Quote Originally Posted by Strahd_Von_Zarovich View Post
    How far is your village and how far is the swamp?
    Tanis address the question to Tas, Riverwind and Raistlin
    "Our village Que-Shu is about two days East from here. The swamp is about a day past there across the mountains."

  • #193

    Tanis

    If the plainsman Tas found was right, then marching to the village is marching to the hands of the Dragonmen and the Goblinoids that road the land, searching for Goldmoon's staff.
    Tanis says to the companions and address Tas again
    Is there a way to circle the plains and arrive to the ruined city and the swamp from another route?

  • #194
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    Riverwind shakes his head to Tanis's inquiry. "The only way to the swamp is through the Black Pass. The mountains can't be gone around. But we will get through and find what these dragonmen fear."

    The group spends that night camped on the plains and in the morning march off towards the east. About midday that first day they find a large swathe of trampled grass, as if a very large group passed from the north into the lands further south.

    Tracks all about show signs of clawed dragonmen and the tracks of wagons loaded heavy down. From all the traffic it looks like the force numbered in the hundreds. Riverwind nods to the north, looking up the long trail he says, "Que-Teh lies at the head of this trail of that I have no doubt. We should move on."

    The rest of the day is uneventful and the party makes camp once again under the open sky of the plains. The EastWall Mountains can be seen not far off as the sun sets on another cold day.

    During the night everyone is awakened by the loud roar of something far off. Everyone sits up in their blankets and listens but the sound is not heard again.

    In the morning an ominous sight greets the group. They have always been traveling east and a little north, to reach the pass, but bypass any of the villages of the plains. To the north and east almost directly in the groups path a thick column of black smoke rises towards the heavens. As the move towards it, it slowly dwindles and thins as it slowly burns itself out. But the air starts to turn foul with the smell of smoke and soot lies scattered throughout the tall grass, until finally it is like black snow on the ground.

    Goldmoon looks to Riverwind as they near the pass. She says nothing but her eyes are full of tears that will not fall. He shakes his head at her unspoken plea and turns to lead the group away from the plains and through the mountains.

    The pass through the mountains may have once been a great road before the Cataclysm. An old broken road that still shows signs here and there of it's paving stones. And before the Cataclysm it would have led straight to Xak Tsaroth.

    Now the road ends abruptly and a foul swamp blocks the way.



    "Great we found the swamp so where's this city?" Flint asks sarcastically.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #195
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    OOC
    Will need marching order and what you are caring in hand
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #196
    Raistlin

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    ...

    "Great we found the swamp so where's this city?" Flint asks sarcastically.

    "In the middle. It is always in the middle." Raistlin mutters as he marches next to Caramon.

    OOC



    Raistlin
    spells for the day:
    1st= charm person, magic missle, sleep
    2nd= invisibility, web
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #197
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ghostcat
    Riverwind will try to find a suitable branch that he can use as a staff. If necessary, he will snap one off a tree. Holding this in his right hand, he will hold his, stringed, bow and an arrow in his left hand. Taking his usual position at the front, he will start to carefully navigate through the swamp. Using his ranger skills and his impromptu staff to find a passable path.

    OOC
    Can I purchase some spare bow strings.

  • #198
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    ghostcat
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcat View Post

    OOC
    Can I purchase some spare bow strings.
    Yes, hmm.. nothing in the PHB so how about 2cp per back up.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #199
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    Tas follows behind Riverwind as the group begins to head towards the swamp and, hopefully, Xak Tsaroth. Using his hoopak as a walking stick just as the plainsman is using the one he just made.

  • #200
    Sturm follows behind Riverwind and Tas. He also carries a branch cut from a tree to probe around the marshy ground.
    PbP info here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5396456-post81.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 204
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th August, 2011, 12:39 PM
    2. Dragonlance: Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight now available for Preorder on Amazon!
      By Reveille in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2007, 10:17 PM
    3. Dragons of Autumn Twilight movie?
      By Driddle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th November, 2006, 11:11 PM
    4. Dragons of Autumn Twilight - Much Enjoying
      By msd in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th August, 2004, 06:21 AM
    5. (OT) Interesting Dragons of Autumn Twilight tidbit
      By ArcOfCorinth in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th July, 2003, 03:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •