Dragons of Autumn Twilight - Page 3


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 591
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Tasslehoff grasps his borrowed dagger in his left hand, the kender's right hand still holding his hoopak. He stares at the hobgoblin attacking him and attempts to dig the dagger through the larger being's gut.

    He reacts in shock as Tanis is sliced a non-fatal wound by another hobgoblin. Their reunion is obviously not going the way they all thought it would. This sight likely distracts him just enough to avoid hitting his foe.

    1d20=10, 1d4=4

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    WarShrike's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Frontenac
    Posts
    860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WarShrike
    Flint draws his other Hand-Axe. Preparing to strike, he sees Tanis get hit and roars with fury, as he lands a vicious blow to his opponent.

    Attack roll, round 2 (1d20+1=19, 1d6+2=7)

  • #23
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    End of Round 2

    The companions trade blows and parries with the hobgoblin's neither side scoring a telling blow. And neither side giving quarter. Flint th eonly combatant to draw blood this pass.

    OOC
    Well Caramon missed with both of his attacks and one roll was a 1 go figure. At least the hobgoblins all missed I was scared there a minute. Ok Sturm gets two attacks this round and remember Tas is twice as good at throwing the dagger than he is at trying to hit in melee.

    Top of Round 3


    Combat

    Code:
    Character          HP   AC     In Hand/Condition
    Sturm            41/45   3     Brightblade&shield/none
    Caramon          44/51   5     longsword&shiled/none
    Tanis            31/35   3     longsword/none
    Flint            38/42   6     h.axe&shield/none
    Tas              15/15   5     hoopak/none
    Raistlin          8/8    5     staff/none
    Hobgoblins are AC 5 (there are five left)

    ROLLS:
    Roll Lookup hobgoblin's att rnd 2
    Roll Lookup caramon's att rnd 2
    Last edited by HolyMan; Friday, 10th September, 2010 at 05:50 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #24
    Tanis tries to refocus and shouts to his companions.
    Im O.K, bring the villains down!
    He swings his sword ... oh, so close, he missed the Hobgoblin.
    These are not simple marauders, these are trained Hobgoblins, a part of an army
    Tanis thinks to himself.

    (1d20=7) Hit AC:7

  • #25
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Tasslehoff backs away from the hobgoblin attacking him and quickly flips the dagger over in his hands so the pointed end is now in his fingertips. "Try to avoid this!" the kender shouts at the hobgoblin as he throws the dagger straight at his opponent.

    Throw dagger at hobgoblin (1d20=14, 1d4+1=3)

    OOC: I'm just wanting to make sure that I get this right. My ranged THAC0 is 17. Since I rolled a 14, does that mean I hit anything with an AC "lower" than a 3?

  • #26
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    WarShrike's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Frontenac
    Posts
    860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WarShrike
    Flint hears Tas's shout and looks over to see how he's doing, which allows the hobgoblin facing him to dodge his axe.

    Attack Roll, Round 3 (1d20+1=5, 1d6+2=5)

  • #27
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post

    OOC: I'm just wanting to make sure that I get this right. My ranged THAC0 is 17. Since I rolled a 14, does that mean I hit anything with an AC "lower" than a 3?
    That is correct and by "lower" you mean numbers higher than 3.

    So you hit anyone with an AC between 3 to 10.

    HM
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #28
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Orius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    4,404
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Orius
    My communities:

    Recovering his balance, Sturm attacks with a cold fury, hitting the hobgoblin that wounded him with a mighty stroke from his sword.

    1d20=18, 1d8+6=9

    Spoiler:
    Don't remember how to do THAC0 exactly, but I'm pretty sure 18 hits. I'm going to have to drag my PHB out though, doubtful the next roll with be as easy to figure out as a nice high roll or a fumble.
    PbP info here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5396456-post81.html

  • #29
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    End of Round 3

    It takes the companions only a few seconds to get back into their old ways of fighting together. Tanis parries another blow from one of the only two hobgoblins. While the other moves in threatingly towards Tasselhoff.

    "You dirty Kender," it says advancing Flint's dagger in it's belly. "I'll gut you for trying to gut me." But Tas dodges out of the way of the wild swing.

    Sturm dispatches his foe and then turns quickly to see who he can help. The twins have already killed two more hobgoblin's and the knight thought he saw streaks of light hit one of the beast before it toppled forward. Tanis fughts one creature while Flint and Tasselhoff look to be "playing" with another.

    Combat

    Code:
    Character          HP   AC     In Hand/Condition
    Sturm            41/45   3     Brightblade&shield/none
    Caramon          44/51   5     longsword&shiled/none
    Tanis            31/35   3     longsword/none
    Flint            38/42   6     h.axe&shield/none
    Tas              15/15   5     hoopak/none
    Raistlin          8/8    5     staff/none
    Hobgoblins are AC 5 (there are 2 left)

    ROLLS:
    Roll Lookup hobgoblin's att rnd 3
    Roll Lookup twins atts rnd 3

    TOP OF ROUND 4
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #30
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Raistlin & Caramon

    One goblin manged to get past the fighting heroes. H e decided that the frail looking human was a better target than a grumpy dwarf or fighters in full armor...

    Overviewing the battle and ready to be the much needed brain for his dumb but powerful and healthy brother, Raistlin smiles slightly and starts to conjure a magic missle to the the goblin a lesson. He was no longer weak, not with the blessing of Linitari on his side. But just as he starts to intone the first magic syllables, his health hampers his triumph. Only able to manage some quick words between his coughing, he calls for Caramon's help: "'cough' Caramon 'cough' the goblin 'cough'"

    Caramon quickly reacts, giving the goblin next to him a kick. Not enough to finish the creature, but enough to get loose and to the goblin that menaces his loved brother. With a quick stroke, he expertly severs the creatures head. "Don't fear , Raist, I'm always here to help you!"

    The words only bring a sore expression to his twins face.
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Thursday, 16th September, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 204
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th August, 2011, 01:39 PM
    2. Dragonlance: Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight now available for Preorder on Amazon!
      By Reveille in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2007, 11:17 PM
    3. Dragons of Autumn Twilight movie?
      By Driddle in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th November, 2006, 12:11 AM
    4. Dragons of Autumn Twilight - Much Enjoying
      By msd in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th August, 2004, 07:21 AM
    5. (OT) Interesting Dragons of Autumn Twilight tidbit
      By ArcOfCorinth in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th July, 2003, 04:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •