Dragons of Autumn Twilight

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] To speed things up I will describe the next three rooms. This being pbp I wish not to take a week for each (almost a month) as you move into each one. :p [/sblock]

This rectangular room rises 20' to the ceiling. Wall carvings, coated in a slimy green substance, adorn the walls.

This wide octagonal room rises 60' to a doom ceiling. The back wall bears a relief statue of the goddess Mishakal. The arms of the statue reach down as if to receive something. Exits lie in the north, south, and west.

The ceiling has partially collapsed! A four foot diameter sewer constructed of fitted stone apparently fell through the roof, caving in the northeast corner of the room. Now, the jagged edge of the broken tunnel juts through the rubble-strewn floor. It looks as though a man could follow the tunnel downward into the dark quite some ways, but there would be no room to swing a sword.

As the companions reach the third room after following Tas (who thought following the gully dwarves would be fun), they arrive just in time to see the last dwarf disappear down the sewer tunnel.

Just as Tas was about to go to the tunnel he spots a hallway leading of to the west. "Hey! That's it!" he says hurrying down it. He stops short as Flint and Tanis come up behind him. "Whoa! No floor," he says waving his arms. "But look there's the chest and it is so close I can almost touch it."

Sturm and Riverwind stop to get a look at the tunnel dubious if a man would want to climb down something a gully dwarf would so readily.

[sblock=Map Key]

Red "X" = chest on the ledge
Brown circle = sewer tunnel
Circled star = Statue
Blue circles = holes the large pots go down

hope the collapsed floor areas are easy to interpret[/sblock]

Attachments

• Xak Tsaroth1.jpg
    Xak Tsaroth1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 50

possum

First Post
Tasslehoff tries in vain to touch the chest with his hand, nearly stumbling into the pit before he manages to right himself. Pouting, the kender steps away from the edge of the chasm. "Now what?" he asks, seeing Sturm and Riverwind standing before something.

ghostcat

First Post
Walking into the sewer room, Riverwind suddenly stops, his eyes glaze over and his breathing becomes heavy. Suddenly he blurts out "Death rides on black wings" Just as Goldmoon rushes to his side, his eyes open and his breathing returns to normal. "Its starting to come back." he says. "I mean how I found the wand. I don't remember much but I remember going down that tunnel."

Tanis

Leave it...
Tanis says to the kender.
It could be trap, especially made for kenders.

Going back to the sewer room, Tanis eyes the opening.
Hmm... Going down there, not sure if that a good idea to follow them. if we must go down, why not taking the pots?

Orius

Legend
"For all we know, there could be an army of dragonmen waiting at the bottom of the shaft," Sturm replies. "We can't find the Disks if we're dead. Still, we may have no choice. Is there nowhere else for us to go here?"

Tanis

What about the statue of the goddess?
Tanis remarks and turns to Goldmoon
Clearly this was a temple or a shrine room of some sort.

Turning his look back to the shafts he adds
I just wonder what compound lies beneath this place, did the gullies curved all the tunnels over centuries or was it already here?

ghostcat

First Post
"I don't remember much but I do remember that you have to go through to pipe this get to the city." Riverwind says to Sturm. His face takes on a puzzled expression as he wonders what city he is taking about.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I believe this is were people put their honored dead before it's fall during the cataclysm." Goldmoon replies to Tanis. "The statue was probably where they prayed after entombing or maybe where they brought the dead before they took them to the passages we saw, I am not sure."

She looks to Riverwind, a look of concern on her face. "If this is where you received the staff maybe this is also where we have to go to recovery the Disks. I will follow you down into darkness if that is what will bring light back to the world."

[sblock=OOC] About the pots. I'm sure your characters would figure that they would need to make sure that some type of counter weight was in the other pot. But since it is hundreds of feet down it is hard to tell if it is empty or not. So needless to say it would be very dangerous to try and enter the pot it might drop like a rock. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin

Raistlin harsh whisper interrupts any possible answer to Goldmoon's words:
"Whatever we will find, we need a counterweight first or we will sink as fast as Flint in a lake after Caramon tries to catch a fish with his hands.
... Cough... and they maybe gully dwarfs, but they seem to suffer this darconian's blight as much as anyone else. ... cough ... no need to insult them!"

[sblock=OOC]
Still looking for the hidden spell book.

Raistlin, champion of the down-trodden.

Raistlin
spells for the day:
1st= charm person, magic missle, sleep
2nd= invisibility, web

Spell Inventory 2E Home Page
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases