Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Tanis

Tanis target the draconian that battles Flint. He is not sure if the old dwarf can match a draconian all by himself.
(Since there are no AoO in AD&D I guess you’ll let me pass)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The magic using dragonman falls to the magic force bolts of Raistlin's spell, as Tanis moves to help Flint.

The dwarf is surrounded and as he tries to fight off all his opponents the door behind him suddenly bangs him in the back knocking offhis helm, as more dragonmen try to enter the fight.

"Need a little help here! Caramon come hold this door shut or we are in trouble."
Flint calls as he tries himself to hold back the opening portal.

Caramon slices down his opponent quickly and leaving his sword in the statue he moves forward. Meanwhile Tasselhoff and Riverwind manage to take down the draconian on the far side of the hallway as Sturm parries attack after attack.

Now caught between Sturm and Tanis the draconian is defeated in moments and the companions stand in the hallway alone Flint with his back to the door and Caramon pushing on it.

"Here use this to wedge it,"
Goldmoon says lifting one of the dragonmen's saw-toothed blades up. With a grin and a nod the warrior braces the door with the thick bladed weapon.

"Good enough, but won't hold them for long," he says in satisfaction.

"Yes we need to hide and regroup,"
Tanis says looking down the northern passage. "Only obvious choice but they are sure to follow us, we need to rest, if only for a short while."

*CCLLAANNKK*

Suddenly a loud brass clanking fills the air. Everyone turns to see Tasselhoff standing near the slightly web covered gong, mallet in hand.

Dropping the mallet he puts his hands behind his back and whistles softly. "You door knob what are you trying to do?" Flint says as he starts towards the kender.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't... couldn't help myself. It's like my hands had a mind of their own." the kender says holding his hands up to show his own innocence.

"Well I hope their smarter than the one in your head. You... eh?"
the dwarf stops as the large pot nearby starts to lift off the ground.

"The gong *cough* it must be the signal to raise the pot," Raistlin says as he pulls his cloak around himself a little tighter.

The large pot moves loudly and quickly towards the ceiling high above. The companions watch for only a second as Tanis gets an idea.

"Maybe they'll think we road up," He says sounding hopeful. "They will at least have to send some patrols up to check, we may get a chance to rest. Come on!" he says turning up the north passage.

Following the twisting alley Tanis finds what he is looking for. A defensible spot. A crumbled building near the cliff wall with only a single archway as an entrance.

As some of the group finds spots to sit and Sturm watches from the doorway, Tasslehoff starts sifting through some of the rubble that must have once been this buildings second floor. He gets bored and heads to a second spot and then cries out in joy as he finds something very interesting.

"That kender will get us all killed one day for sure."
Flint says rubbing his head. "And without a helmet I'll surely be the first to..."

"Here!" Tasselhoff says sneaking up beside the dwarf. In his hands is a fine helmet of dwarven craftsmanship. It's ivory horns offset by the snow white mane that tops the helm. Golden scroll work surround the brim and it shows not one sign of rust or wear.

Taking the helm lovingly into his old hands the dwarf start to stroke the hair the streams down from the center.

"Looks like horse hair," Caramon says offhandedly.

"Is not!" Flint bellows before taking a tentative sniff. He waits a moment and then gives Caramon a triumphant look. "See! No sneezing this is obviously from a griffon."

"Look I found this too," Tas says holding out a little knife in his little hand.

"Great. Might come in handy if there are any vicious rabbits about. But I don't see that getting through those dragonmen's armor."

"I like it. It's small like me, and it wants to fight. Like me."

Tucking the small dagger under his belt he goes about looking for more treasure in the ruined corners.

Tanis smiles, glad to see the group is still in high spirits. He moves to where Riverwind and Goldmoon sit quietly talking. "Maybe Tas will find these Disks under a rock and we can go home."

Riverwind looks grim and thinks back to what the Goddess said to them all in the temple above...

[sblock=Recap]
"Beloved disciple, the gods have not turned away from man. Man turned away from the true gods and now seek gods who do not exist. But the end of darkness nears. Kyrnn is about to face its greatest test. Men will need the truth more than ever. You must return the truth and power of the true gods to men. It is time to restore the balance."

To gain the power, you shall need the truth of the gods. Far below this temple lie the Disks of Mishakal: circular plates of platinum that are all you need to call upon my power. You must recover the disks.

But your way will not be easy. The disks now lie in the lair of a dragon. Therefore I charge your staff: if you present it boldly never wavering, then you shall prevail. Even then, your journey is not complete; you must leave here, must search for a true Leader of the People."
[/sblock]

Shaking his head he says, "I wish the dragon were no bigger than these rocks. But I fear we still have much yet to do. And I fear for..."

He stops but Tanis knows who he fears for, and for the first time is glad Kitara didn't return with everyone else.

"Yes we need to rest, especially Raistlin. But I fear if we linger here to long we will be found.
"

"The staff may be able to help. Like it did in the inn when it healed everyone in your group,"
Goldmoon says standing.

"Worth a try, I guess." Tanis says rubbing his beard. "Everyone gather round real quick," he calls to the others. "Tas put that down."

Gathering around, Goldmoon stands in the center of the group the Blue Crystal staff raised high and her head bowed in silent prayer. The only thing that takes away from the solemn moment is Raistlin's quiet couch.

"Please Mishakal, help us in are time of need. Bless us to serve you and the Gods of Good."

The staff pulsates with a soft bluish light before it grows in intensity. Then the light touches each of the companions stripping away, their wounds, fatigue, and doubt.

With the light all around they can see no one else but they know that their friends must be feeling this self same warmth. And then their is a moment of clarity, of a sense of purpose, and of power. And when the glowing light is gone everyone stands still and quiet, not sure what happened, and not sure why they feel so different.

[sblock=OOC] Welcome to Dragonlance PF style. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

By the gods...
Tanis stares with awe at the staff.
This is divine magic, nothing else can explain this miracle, the gods haven't left us, they seek our believe.
Turning to his companions he adds as he goes to the entrance, peeking outside.
We must defeat the dragon and find the discs.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Flint's eyes go wide as the light rushes over him. "By Reorx!" He exclaims.

He looks to Tanis. "It appears that way friend." He picks up his axe. "Let's go get those discs than."

ghostcat

First Post
It takes Riverwind sometime to shake off the feeling of euphoria. Whereupon he carefully checks himself over. Finally he decides that he looks no different on the outside but on the inside things have definitely changed.

Looking lovingly at Goldmoon he says quietly "I knew you are something special my love. Before now I just didn't know how special."

Turning to Tanis he says "Have you any idea where to try next."

No
Tanis replies
I have no idea where to try next but I do know what we need to do.
He nods to Tasselhoff and adds
Flint, keep your eyes on him, we cannot let him wonder around here freely.

ooc - What do I see? Is there a path to other building that we can runto without encountering the dragon men?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases