Dragons of Autumn Twilight

possum

First Post
"We've been travelling for five years, each of us looking for some sign of the old gods," Tas begins. "We get back here and we're so happy to see each other that we miss this fat hobgoblin on a horse. He said his name was Toede and he was looking for a blue crystal staff," the kender continues. "We didn't have it, but he didn't care and set his troops on us. We got 'em and came back here, only to find you two!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Perfect set up possum thanks! :D [/sblock]

Tika from behind the barbarian's says as her eyes never leave the staff, "Hobgoblin's aren't the only one's looking for that staff there have been strange hooded men in Solace. They said, they said... oh no!"

"You've got to get out of here!" Tika came running over to Tanis, her breath coming in gasps."The whole town's been hunting for that staff! Those hooded men told the Theocrat they'd destroy Solace if they caught someone harboring the staff. The townspeople will turn you over to the guards!"

"But it's not our staff!"Tanis protested...

..."Do you think they'll believe you!" Tika wrung her hands. "Look!"

Tanis looked around. People were glaring at them balefully. Some took a firm grip on thier mugs. Others eased their hands onto the hilts of their swords. Shouts from down below drew his eyes back to his friends.

"The guards are coming!"exclaimed Tika.

Walking Dad

First Post
Raistlin & Caramon

"Suggest we should leave Caramon." Raistlin says as he stands up, looking at the backdoor of the tavern. Good they knew the lay-out since child-days.

"I'm coming Raist." The bigger brother obeys, quickly filling some of the tea to one of his empty water skins.
Then Caramon sees, that Sturm still sits calmly. "Sturm, what are you waiting for. There is a fair woman in need for protection. Isn't this what true Knights of Solamnia do?"

ghostcat

First Post
A look of utter panic crossed Riverwind's face. Drawing his sword he frantically starts looking round, while addressing Goldmoon. "Darling, we have to go. Now."

"Tika. Is there a back way out?"

Tanis

Should we want it or not, we are part of it now.
Tanis says to his companions
Sturm, leave your ale and get up, we must leave.
He turns to Tika
Tika, show us the backdoor and hold them down as much as you can.
Tanis, troubled by the mention of hooded man and the presence of humanoids in the peaceful village of Solace turns to Goldmoon and Riverwind
If you are truly the holder of a divine staff, an item of the gods, I’ll protect you my lady as I searched for a sign of them for many years.

Orius

Legend
Sturm looks at Tanis with astonishment. "Run? From this rabble?"

However, Caramon's words remind him of the priorities of honor. He stands and turns unhurredly towards Goldmoon. With a bow he says, "Your staff has placed you in considerable danger. We are familiar with the local area, and we would be honored to accompany you and guard your lives."

ghostcat

First Post
Normally Rivewind would defer to Goldmoon. However, this time he addresses her in a firm tone, saying. "Sorry lady. This involves your Security and is my decision." Turning to the others he says. "Thank you for the offer of aide. We accept."

Tanis

Sturm looks at Tanis with astonishment. "Run? From this rabble?"

I'm sorry my friend.
Tanis replies to Sturm and puts a firm hand on the knight's shoulder.
I do not question your skill as I know you are a skilled fighter, but we cannot estimate the power of those who wish to steal the first sign of gods I've seen for years.
He turns to his companions
We encountered skilled Hobgoblins on our way to here and I do not want to think who are on pursuit after this staff.

Turning to Tika he asks
Tika, who are the hooded people and when did they come to Solace?

possum

First Post
Tas looks from his unfinished meal with a bit of sadness. It had been five years since he had eaten here and now their first meal back is spoiled with the news of oncoming dangers. Oh well, he thinks as he stands up. I've had plenty of meals interrupted during my travels, he continues.

"I agree with Tanis," the kender says to Goldmoon and Riverwind. "We'll make sure you both get out of here safely."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases